Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I also owned a set of used DCI's as my second set of clubs. First I had some used DTR's though (Distance Through Research), then went to the DCI oversize with graphite shafts with that obnoxious "DCI" in white going down the black shaft. Then I went to some used Ping Eye 2's, arguably the best old school cavity back, banned square grooves and all. I think I might try to track down some ISI-K's though. I loved when Ping was dealing with nickel - such amazing feel. Now I'm on to my Ping i3 blades that I just broke a shaft on (they're 11 years old), and if I break another, it's time for either AP2's or some Taylor Made MC's. I hate taylor made irons for the most part, but these surprised me. I'm sure no one cares about all that, but there you have it.
    Funny - same gear path as me. My first clubs I couldn't tell you what they were, but then I went to oversize DCI's, then Ping i/3 blades, and then Titleist AP2's (first generation). The i/3's are definitely worth upgrading... the AP2's are amazing and I imagine since I got mine a few years ago they've only improved. Possibly a touch less forgiving but in a good way in that they provide significantly more feedback / feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I forget what year it was, it's the final round of the PGA when May and Woods battled it out.
    2000. That is still hands down the most fun I've ever had watching a golf tournament. I knew it was good TV because at the time I was working as a golf pro (on the side while in college) and my girlfriend calls me at the shop asking if I'm watching the Mays / Woods duel go down. She does not play or watch golf, at all, so that was pretty indicative of how crazy it was.

She's very immature. However, this is a good example of what I think is wrong about how it's handled. She clearly, whole heartedly does not think what she did was a penalty, and I believe that's all it should take. I also know that these guys are playing for big money, and it's not all that fair to be able to cheat, but again, I think the game is a game of honor and cheaters get exposed. I know that rule about being in a hazard, and that if you are falling, you can catch yourself with the club as long as it pretty much in no way affects your shot. If her ball had exited the hazard on this shot, this would not be a penalty. She clearly grounded her club, but it clearly had nothing to do with her next shot.

I don't think I was into watching golf when that happened unfortunately, but I thought the Tiger Vs. Rocco my taco U.S. Open was wonderful, and this past Masters would be near the top of my list, too. Justin Leonard's Ryder Cup was riveting, as hard as the shirts they were wearing tried to detract. I also thought the U.S. Open with DJ would have been wonderful if he didn't take that penalty.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    The way Dustin erases his score makes me almost cry....so poignant.

I was thinking the same thing. It's so obvious he didn't think twice that it wasn't a bunker. Who in the fuck would call that a bunker anyways? It's unfathomable to me the PGA would enforce that when the course was clearly letting spectators STAND in the fucking thing.
    The best things in life aren't things.

I don't think I was into watching golf when that happened unfortunately, but I thought the Tiger Vs. Rocco my taco U.S. Open was wonderful, and this past Masters would be near the top of my list, too. Justin Leonard's Ryder Cup was riveting, as hard as the shirts they were wearing tried to detract. I also thought the U.S. Open with DJ would have been wonderful if he didn't take that penalty.
    Ugh, those shirts. Why is it most years the US team looks like a bunch of gapers? Why can't we come up with a decent ensemble? If they are going to be ugly, go REAL UGLY. Like red and white striped pants and a blue shirt with stars all over it.

As for Wie, she has looked real bad the last couple weeks. Missed the cut by a mile at a course she grew up on last week. Can't write her off though.

spook Guest
    the course i play at most regularly does fitting for $100/segment of the bag. if you buy clubs from them within 30 days, the money is applied to your purchase. i don't know much about golf equipment prices, but from what i've seen, this place is grossly overpriced and i'm going to have to assemble a decent bag as cheaply as possible. what are good options for getting fitted that don't cost that much? or is that just the way it goes? sorry if this was covered already. i'm too lazy to read it again at the moment.

spook Guest
    okay okay i'll read sheesh

While people are tossing clubs around, anyone got a Scotty Cameron del mar that they hate. Keep wanting, but can't validate.
    No, but...
    I've got a Newport 33.5" Played 27 HOLES with it. Would love to trade it for skis of some sort as i never use it due to the slow greens at my home track.
    Pumped to play Saratoga National tomorrow even though it's only going to be around 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    Ugh, those shirts. Why is it most years the US team looks like a bunch of gapers? Why can't we come up with a decent ensemble? If they are going to be ugly, go REAL UGLY. Like red and white striped pants and a blue shirt with stars all over it.
    I was there!! Had my feet in a green side bunker when he made "The Putt" Craziest sporting event I ever was at and I did a Bills vs Miami game, BOS vs Yankees from the Green Monster seats and an F1 event where a Greyhound bus was torched for fun. Bobby Jones Sportswear was a client at the time and when they showed me those shirts I almost puked. Kept my mouth shut because business is business.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkajunebug View Post
    No, but...
    I've got a Newport 33.5" Played 27 HOLES with it. Would love to trade it for skis of some sort as i never use it due to the slow greens at my home track.
    Pumped to play Saratoga National tomorrow even though it's only going to be around 50.
    Newport what? 33.5 inch, fine, but which model?

Picked up a Scotty Cameron Santa Fe BeCu the other day cheap.

I need a del mar too. I have a del mar 3 which I don't like, but will keep.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ryder Cup.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	115045 They really need to step it up. This was our ryder cup event. Took me (left) 20 minutes at the salvation army to find this. Dont think the R&A would have a sense of humor about my partner though (3rd over).

Das, I am at the office now but i believe it's a Studio 2.5. I'll give it a look when i get home and let you know.

It is a 2.5
    Last edited by Unkajunebug; 04-27-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Yup

I had a local "custom" club maker make me a set of clubs. The heads are calloway clones. driver-3 wood-5 wood-21 degree (I think) hybrid-4 through pw-square2 sand wedge from the 80's-scotty cameron american classic putter (bullseye style)

There's a muni walking distance from my house that I play rather than going to a range, $6 all you can play. All hills, have to make shots. Play 9 holes a week in a league...