Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    "pack up and get the fuck out!" to quote the good ol midwest joke. . .

my buddy got married in the city museum on halloween for a costume wedding, so alls i gots to say is the city museum on mind altering drugs or alcohol with a bunch of close friends is really really fun!
    his rehearsal dinner was at Pin-Up Bowl and we stayed at the moonrise hotel, which was all cool. we had a killer time in that area, del mar i think?, but we were rolling 20 deep, so could have had fun anywhere.

not sure if any of that helped

I grew up in STL...

1) Hit the hill for food. LaRusso's, Cunettos or Bartolinos or Trattoria Marcella for dinner. Adrianas or Amighettis for lunch. Pappy's is not to be missed nor is Ted Drewes. Farmhaus for fancy fare, Carl's for old-school drive-in style burgers.

2) Go out in the Central West End, Soulard or the Loop. Tons and tons of good bars in STL

3) For strip clubs you are going to have to go to East St. Louis. Penthouse is the largest and has the best looking girls. Hollywood, hustler, PTs and others are 2nd tier but sometimes more fun. BE CAREFUL IN EAST ST. LOUIS. SHIT GETS REAL OVER THERE.

4) Activities - Cardinals game is a must. Anheuser busch brewery tour is awesome. Go to Forest Park and walk/run/bike the bike path, checkout the zoo, science and art museums (all free) or play a round of golf. Blues playoffs are going on right now. There is a trail called the Katy trail not too far outside of town that is decent for riding your bike. Lots of cool neighborhoods to checkout, stl is an old place.

Quote Originally Posted by AltaAndy View Post
    BE CAREFUL IN EAST ST. LOUIS. SHIT GETS REAL OVER THERE.
    Real talk. It sure is fun taking in all that plight though. Hooray E St Louis!
    So local it hurts...

seriously, McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing, I guess), has a factory around the airport. Or at least used to.
    I remember changing planes there once when I was about 8. I watched 4 f-15s take off 2x2 while I was sitting on the plane picking my nose. It was pretty cool.
    Looking on Google Earth, it looks like it is or was a guard base, too. But I remember circling in over the (then) McDonnell Douglas factory as seeing all these fighter jets in various stages of assembly. When your 8 that shit can give you your first hardon.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

from WikiPedia:
    Currently, Berry usually performs one Wednesday each month at Blueberry Hill, a restaurant and bar located in the Delmar Loop neighborhood in St. Louis
    Um....really?!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    I want to teach the kids to surf- i graduated from ECU and spent alot of time on the Outer Banks We skied alot this Winter. Surf and Sand is in order.

Crossing the country at 56 miles an hour- good stuff!

Oh yeah... Hoping to stay in Buxton for a few weeks. We'll see...
    I hope they have wetsuits. The water is fucking COLD... dude, it's barely spring!

So St Louis is fuckin crazy. Had no idea.
    All good recs thanks for them.
    Bars down by the water were cool.

Did the hill old school Italian district at gian-toneys which is one of only a handfull open on sun night it would seem.
    I guess the ravioli was said to be invented in st loius? Who new.
    Went pho grand for Vietnamese and it was good. Blues game for double overtime. Every fucking man women and child in there had a jersey on.
    They got like over 15% unemployment- (unofficial stat) but they can all afford jerseys. Cardinals fans, cubbies fans everywhere all weekend.

2 play off hockey games, three opening season baseball games, a marathon and the NRA annual meeting and convention all in one weekend in one city = shit show.
    pappys was very good bbq.
    the city is so very strangely split with weird districts and so many burned out houses.
    Whats up with gang controlled illinois towns making all their own rules with 24 hour bar and strip clubs and gangs of people marauding in the streets and jumping you at the smallest possible instance? Taxis extorting money from you by taking you to bad hoods and forcing you to pay up to get out?
    Is this Romania or Tijuana?
    Place is pretty fuct up.
    place is fucking crazy.

(heavy waukeegan illinois accent for the following...quite possibly the most annoying of all NA accents with perhaps the exception of the buffalo new york area which is also very nasal and obnoxious)

"So I go down to the local ford dealer, and hey will ya look at that? 'Buy a new F-250 get an free AK'. So I think, great! I need a new truck so here I go. I buy the 250 and go to the local FFL to get me gun. So, im looking at the AKs and AKs are great but I been on the wrong end of an AK before so I dont love um. So then I look at the AR's and those are great to but they jamm up allot so then I see the sigs, and you can never have enough sigs am I right? So I got a sig 250, So I got a 250 to go IN my 250 and I am good to go."

fuckin asshole.

Need new job in Bozeman, who's hiring?

It's so crazy down there, a penguin bit the former House Speaker.
    No longer stuck.

penguins love newts

Just had a very tasty burger and even better local micro-brews here: http://baileysrange.com/

Bonus: Bartender was pretty hot in a bleached blonde - tattooed - nose stud kinda way.

Ate at the BBQ motherlode on Wed. Night... Pappy's Smokehouse - had the Full Rack combo (w/brisket) with Slaw and fried Corn. Goddamn what a meatgasm that was.

Honestly I thought downtown St. Louis was pretty cool, all in all. A bit quiet but nice, and the chicas were quite fetching generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Ate at the BBQ motherlode on Wed. Night... Pappy's Smokehouse - had the Full Rack combo (w/brisket) with Slaw and fried Corn. Goddamn what a meatgasm that was.

Honestly I thought downtown St. Louis was pretty cool, all in all. A bit quiet but nice, and the chicas were quite fetching generally.
    yes pappy's is the BBQ mecca...if you are still there and want to try another STL BBQ spot look for Red the BBQ Man

did you get Ted Drewes? Did you eat on the hill anywhere?

Nope, just Range and Pappy's. Was a quick-hitter trip to interview the STL Fed President. Stayed downtown the whole time.

just wanted to make sure this was here.
    No longer stuck.