Need your help - send me trail maps please!

So my basement is almost done, and soon it'll be time for some finishing touches. I've gone for kind of a ski-theme happening down there, with old ski posters framed, old skis hanging around, and trail signs and stuff like that. I've got some pour-on epoxy left over from my kegerator I made, and I figure I'll make this coffee table kick-ass and fit the theme properly.

The plan is to cover the top of the coffee table with trail maps, then pour the epoxy on top so it'll be all sealed-up and thick like a bar top. It'll kick ass.

So all I need are some helpful mags to mail me a trail map. If you can help, please send me a PM and I'll give you my address. I will of course reimburse you for postage via paypal or whatever. I figure the more I have, the better it'll look. Bonus points if they're a little beat-up from sitting unused in your pocket all season.

Current inventory:
    -Aspen/Snowmass
    -Mad River Glen
    -Sugarbush
    -Stowe
    -Kirkwood
    -Snowbird
    -Alpine Meadows
    -Keystone
    -Solitude
    -Mount Snow (yikes)
    -Whiteface
    -Cannon
    -Killington
    -Bromley
    -Elk Mountain ("1000 feet of vertical excitement!")
    -Okemo
    -Windham
    -Bellayre
    -Snowbasin
    -Canyons
    -Brighton
    -2005 Sugarbush
    -Chamonix
    -Magic
    -Jackson Hole

I had more from years past, but they've disappeared. So yeah - if you can mail me a trail map, the universe will bless you with good energy. I guarantee it.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by paulster2626; 04-26-2012 at 07:54 PM.

A nice thick package of maps arrived today. This community rocks. Literally just finished the basement an hour ago, so now the resurfacing of the coffee table can begin!

I could probably use a few more though, if anyone else wants to help a brother out.

Full table build TR coming soon...

I have a Jay Peak map ... pm if u need it... postage is on me as long as we get cool pics of the table in action!

Thanks man, PM sent!

I emailed a bunch of places asking if they could send me out a map - said I'm deciding on where to take my next solo trip, blah blah, which is true. But the only place to even respond to me was Jackson Hole. They said they have "a package of JH goodies" in the mail - we'll see what that means.

In the meantime, I think I should have enough maps to get going on this once the rest arrive that people have promised - the plan is to have them overlap each other so only the best parts of each mountain are peeking out. The entire surface will be covered, it'll be neat.

The only thing cooler than this would be to use lift tickets from years past instead. If anyone is reading this, and has for whatever reason saved their tickets, you should do this. The pour-on epoxy is surprisingly easy to do, and works on any surface.

Okay for those who sent me maps, thank you. Table is almost done - just needs a final coat of epoxy. Photo to come shortly.

Intended on doing this WAAAY sooner, but literally the day before I was going to get it all done, our son was born (10 days early).

Anyway - it looks solid and should be an awesome conversation piece for many years.

pictures.
    Also, if you email the ski areas you want maps from, you will probably get some stuff in the mail.
    Shit, Moonlight sent me a whole invester/press packet. All I asked for was a trailmap. I put the stickers to good use.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Finally got the epoxy down. 24 hrs to cure but looks good. Might need another thin coat to bring it all together. Here's a couple pics, doesn't look much different when cured.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1341965392.263368.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	118157

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1341965426.612201.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	118158

Aaand just for shits and giggles this is the original project that I had the epoxy left over from. Old freezer, messed with temp dial so OT doesn't freeze, painted black, removed top, built custom top, lined with stone tiles from old backsplash, sealed with epoxy, added tower, stuck 2 kegs inside, get drunk every day.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1341967651.010833.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	118160

Nicely done. Stumbled in after the fact or I'd sent you one or two the didn't make the inventory list. Looks good though. I'm impressed by how seamless it ended up.

Kegerator looks good too.
    relax... I'm a professional.

Kegerator and table look awesome. I'm looking to do something like this with a bar top table and a bunch of corks the wifey has collected over the last couple years (we apparently drink A LOT of wine ).

Congrats about your son, hope everything is alright now.

The table looks sick. Nice job, good to see maps have another use.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Kegerator and table look awesome. I'm looking to do something like this with a bar top table and a bunch of corks the wifey has collected over the last couple years (we apparently drink A LOT of wine ).
    That would be awesome, but the thicker the stuff you put down the more epoxy you need, and it ain't cheap!! You need twice as much as you think is what I've discovered.

I'd look in to somehow cutting the corks in half, maybe with a band saw? Or just slice em width-wise so you have a bunch of thin cork-circles.

In any case I've learned that anything with the epoxy on it looks great. Photos really don't do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    That would be awesome, but the thicker the stuff you put down the more epoxy you need, and it ain't cheap!! You need twice as much as you think is what I've discovered.

I'd look in to somehow cutting the corks in half, maybe with a band saw? Or just slice em width-wise so you have a bunch of thin cork-circles.

In any case I've learned that anything with the epoxy on it looks great. Photos really don't do it justice.
    Thanks for the beta. I'll definitely take that into consideration.

Wow - that turned out really nice. Good collage-job on the trail maps.

Nicely done, paulster.

Sent from my Dell Streak using TGR Forums