Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1524098539.753340.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	356.2 KB 
ID:	232748

Welp, more problems with the boots. What’s up with these things? My Maestrale 1.0s lasted for about 200 days with only the hinge ever having to be replaced. Now in one season I’ve had a broken shell and a tech fitting for the heel pop off. Crazy!

I’m supposed to be touring tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions for any way to fix this without access to a shop? Are fittings something your average shop with touring gear might have and be able to replace?

^ Where's the screw? Maybe they forgot to install it, given the hole looks in good shape... Fitting looks standard across Scarpa Boots. Could definitely get one from Scarpa, else, borrow off a friend's boot that isn't skiing tomorrow.

If you're in Vancouver, got one you can borrow.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    If you're in Vancouver, got one you can borrow.
    Thanks for the offer, in Banff at the moment. Was hoping to go for Aemmer tomorrow (and was thinking I could just skin up with my resort skis on my back and then boot up and ski em) but the latest forecast has some surprise warming and high avy danger across the board, so I think it’ll be a half day at the resort and then a half day of looking for a shop with a fitting for me!

^ Where's the screw? Maybe they forgot to install it, given the hole looks in good shape... Fitting looks standard across Scarpa Boots. Could definitely get one from Scarpa, else, borrow off a friend's boot that isn't skiing tomorrow.
    Who knows? Had been skiing then in Wardens for the last few outings so I’m not sure when it popped. Pretty sure there was a screw there at some point!

Has anyone played with installing the cuff adjustment screws from old maestrales on the rs2? Loved my old ones, but they got clapped out and I haven't been able to feel quite as stacked and comfortable in the new ones. I am pretty sensitive to cuff adjustment and am hoping to make some sort of adjustments here...any suggestions?

anybody ice climbing in the latest maestrales?

anybody ice climbing in the latest maestrales? review?

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Query: does anyone notice their ski/walk mode "popping out" when landing heavily? On my left boot only, the ski/walk mode "pops" out for a second and immediately re-engages. Only happens when I'm jumping into the front flex of the boots quite hard (airing off things, popping off the ground in moguls, etc.). I might just need to make sure it's fully engaged before skiing, but I've noticed on a few successive ski days, so seems like I might have tweaked mine somehow. (And, no, it's not ice packed in...)
    Turns out,...I'm not that perceptive. What I thought was my ski/walk mode popping was actually the shell popping around/over a crack! It was the shell crack (from the first rivet where the tongue attaches) that lots of folks have experienced. Noted in the Blister review on the pre-production model. Happened for me at about day 20-25, didn't figure out/notice until day 25-30. Skied another 10 days or so on those boots, and never affected performance. Scarpa warranty'd the shells (for both boots) during the off-season, so I'm back in the RS2s.

Anyway, figured I'd just pop in to note (1) the shell crack from the first rivet is a known issue, (2) it doesn't really affect the skiing performance (much), so you can wait until the offseason, (3) when Scarpa will warranty your boot.

/fin
    sproing!

A reminder to loctite your shit and periodically check it. Lost the bolt for the cuff buckle ladder on a 5-tour-old RS2 today. Normal sized threads and skiable w/out that buckle, so not a big deal, but it's a preventable headache

Name:	IMG_20190107_092039.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	746.6 KB 
ID:	263219

^^^bummer, how did you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    ^^^bummer, how did you do that?
    Leg day, bro.

Pretty much what he said.

Anyone else had this failure. Just noticed the new maestrale xt has a new mechanism. Did I just pay for the privilege of performing rnd

Another couple people had that toe section crack over at Wildsnow.

"Here’s a few phone snapped photos of my cracked Maestrale RS2 immediately after it happened. I hope this doesn’t go into spam because of the link, but I don’t know how else to post pictures.
    https://puu.sh/CutEk/91c9996443.png

Name:	91c9996443.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	998.8 KB 
ID:	264373

"
    Rob, I had the same problem as you with cracked toe but on the standard Maestrale 2 and not the RS. I had just two weeks on the boots when I first niticed a small crack and within a day it was a large split.
    I know of two other people who also experienced this failure. Scarpa exchanged my shells via the local agent but it was considerable hassle and very disappointing to be without boots for a month. Although I love the boots I have gone back to my old Maestrale 1 boots until Scarpa sort this defect.
    When the cross ankle strap is tightened it pulls the tongue back from the toe and there is load from the rivets that causes stress and a possible failure. I would guess it is more common when people have more slender ankles."
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Had the same cracking happen to my 2015 RS' after about 50 days pretty hard (for a touring boot) skiing. Too old to take advantage of the scarpa warrantee

Broke the walk mech lever and the bar it locks onto again. Scarpa has said they won't warranty them. New boots in the trash and shopping for something new now

Anybody have any luck getting in touch with the Scarpa warranty department recently? I'm on my 3rd (!) warranty of a pair of RS2.0s now and can't seem to reach anyone by the phone or email listed on their warranty page. What a pain!

I was in touch maybe a month and a bit ago?

What's been the issues so far?

I was in touch maybe a month and a bit ago?

What's been the issues so far?
    Magically got a response within two minutes of posting this. Scarpa must be lurking on TGR

Two cracks like this:

Name:	IMG_0470.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	312.0 KB 
ID:	274024

And a broken screw in the tech heel fitting.

Hopefully not out for too long with this latest!

Does 2.0 fit and perform like 1.0? In the consensus that that 2.0 is having durability issues? I'm about read for some new boots and just starting the hunt.

Also on the 2.0. Honestly, the boots are awesome. Sure they aren't as stiff as my alpine boots, but I've still skied them inbounds all season.

Fit my feet perfectly, comfortable, and pretty light.

That said, I have also warrantied a pair with the exact same crack as seen above. Crack on my shell didn't get that big, but crack formed nonetheless. Kind of a bummer since this is more or less a perfect boot for me.

FG, other than phallicmenace, the only issues I've heard with this boot are the frequent shell crack noted by lazyasian. Happened to me too and many others. Scarpa was good about warranty (it was offseason though), but it is a continuing problem.

As compared to the 1.0, the 2.0 is better in every way, but mainly it tours better and skis WAY better (much stiffer and more progressive flex). It's a bit harder to get into and out of the 2.0 (v. 1.0), but that gets easier with use. In terms of fit, it's pretty darn close, but the heel cup of the 2.0 feels slightly larger to me. That said, I've seen Scarpa copy stating that the clog is the same as the 1.0, so... I could be wrong, but others have said the same. Overall, a great every-day touring boot.
    sproing!

^yep. Love the 2.0s as well, but they feel a bit higher volume than my 1.0s - especially in the heelpocket. Took a little more work and ultimately a pair of tour wraps, but I am quite satisfied now.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    ultimately a pair of tour wraps, but I am quite satisfied now.
    Was debating that very solution...I'll probably implement during the off-season. What size tour wraps and what size RSs?
    sproing!