Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    lazyasian - thanks for the screenshot. That helped a ton -- turns out I couldn't see those prices on Google Chrome on desktop or mobile, but you can see the prices on Safari (mobile). $407 out the door. Fingers crossed.

This is making me smile. Cheers maggots!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tharmor View Post
    This is making me smile. Cheers maggots!
    Fack yeah -- beers on tharmor! Anytime you're in CA, holler - you got at least a 12er coming yer way.

Whoop, glad others have gotten in as well. Tharmor you're a legend! Definitely got a 12er for you if you're ever in Vancouver as well.

Just got an email that the order is shipped - let's hope the box does indeed contain the 2.0s!

All of the copy is for the older RS, even with the new pics. Wonder what people will end up with?

Quote Originally Posted by trogdortheburninator View Post
    All of the copy is for the older RS, even with the new pics. Wonder what people will end up with?
    Good question. My order clearly says white/black/lime, so here's hoping...
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Damn. Cant find the 2.0 on there anymore

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

They are here: https://www.freezeproshop.com/scarpa...ski-boots/path[offset]:1/path[search]:scarpa/shoe-size:128752

in 27 and 28 for $582 shipped to the US.

Thanks, tharmor, lazyasian, and meter-man. I ordered the 29.0s. For those that took advantage of the CampSaver deal, have any of your boots shipped? (I ordered them Friday midday and, while I've received an order confirmation, they haven't shipped yet. I'm a little worried it was too good to be true.)

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Thanks, tharmor, lazyasian, and meter-man. I ordered the 29.0s. For those that took advantage of the CampSaver deal, have any of your boots shipped? (I ordered them Friday midday and, while I've received an order confirmation, they haven't shipped yet. I'm a little worried it was too good to be true.)
    Mine shipped on Friday. Should be arriving today according to the tracking info - I'll let you all know whether they come as 2.0s or 1.0s!

2.0s. Woot! \m/

Heel cup is cavernous. Not woot. AKB, they're yours if I can't get em to work. [ETA see post below re: heel cup. I wuz wrong.]

ETA:
    - They're light as a fairy slipper. Noticeably so over the 1.0.
    - Buckles are slick and low pro, but the lower "buckle" looks certain to ice up with its cable closure.
    - Walk mode lever **looks** too much like CNC'd Plum aluminum to give me comfort. The first RS had lots of walk mode problems - query whether this will too? Haven't seen anything negative on this yet.
    - Vibram tread looks really thin. I won't be surprised if the tread gets chewed up 2x as fast as the 1.0, given that it **looks** half as thick. (I'm not going to measure haha)
    - Fit: instep feels a touch lower and toe box/last width feel about the same - at least on my super-scientific carpet test. Heel cup is...bowl-like. Noticeably more open than the 1.0.
    - Flex: it's like a Doberman made babies with a TLT....... just kidding, no idea, I didn't ski em.
    - No more stupid hinges. Twas awesome for getting in and out of the boot, and pulling liners, but I repaired those damn hinges way too many times.
    - Liner: Intuition. Feels stiffer than 1.0s, but my 1.0s are probably just beat, so not really sure on this.

Anyhoo - looks like a sick boot!
    Last edited by meter-man; 11-29-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0437.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	216179

2.0s!

Those are sweet. Anxiously waiting some review info here! I have the original RS. This is the upgrade year if these are the ticket.

Fresh and Deep.
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    - Fit: instep feels a touch lower
    Hmmm, v1.0 was already too low for my high instep, so had to go Zero G.

2.0. My 26.0 attempt was a mistake. It’s a 1 finger shell fit maybe and a full upper body workout just to get my foot into the boot with the liner.

If any of you want this size and want to cover $408 plus shipping to you, I’ll pass along the good deal. If not, I’ll just use the free return policy. Or I’d trade straight up for 26.5 or 27.0 if anyone was lucky enough to score the same deal on that size...
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

All this talk of the huge heel cup is real bummer.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

so does the new Maestrale RS fit like last years Maestrale RS and if not why not ??
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    so does the new Maestrale RS fit like last years Maestrale RS and if not why not ??
    Mine seem to be the same fit. But I have yet to get them molded to my foot.

I am here for the stoke

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    All this talk of the huge heel cup is real bummer.
    I'm a little bitch about heel cups (wide foot, narrow heel), and usually need L-shims on the ankles in my boots, so take my comments with a grain of salt. Plus, I haven't molded the liners. Or skied them.

Found this on the liner and forefoot width:
    "I got in touch with the brand, here's what they said about the forefoot width: "The new RS has the same last, (101mm width), as the previous version. That being said the boot shell interface has changed, the liner is updated (Intuition Cross Fit Pro Flex G), and the use of materials in the lower are all new (Pebax & Carbon Garilamid LFT). Once heat molded (which we advise all end users to do so) the fit should be almost identical to the previous version." https://gearjunkie.com/scarpa-maestr...ki-boot-review

This suggests I'm wrong on the heel cup. Any real bootfitters up in this piece?

I wonder if Scarpa spec'ed a real intution liner OR a liner made by intuition to scarpa's spec's

which they have done in the past??
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Hey ZZZ - its a custom liner Scarpa had Intuition make. Main difference is shaving foam from the foot bottom part so people could use footbeds
    Per LeeLau, post #335 in this thread. ETA: that's for the 1.0.

Interestingly, some similarly-named liners are on sale on Scarpa's webpage: https://www.scarpa.com/pro-flex-g-liner

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    2.0. My 26.0 attempt was a mistake. It’s a 1 finger shell fit maybe and a full upper body workout just to get my foot into the boot with the liner.

If any of you want this size and want to cover $408 plus shipping to you, I’ll pass along the good deal. If not, I’ll just use the free return policy. Or I’d trade straight up for 26.5 or 27.0 if anyone was lucky enough to score the same deal on that size...
    Pending deal to suprechicken!

SupreChicken:

If the pending deal does not work out, I'm interested.

Dave
    Griz@xmission.com

Scarpa Maestrale RS

Thanks for the hookup SupreChicken
    Last edited by brown9; 11-21-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Does anyone else find the new Maestrale liner really hard to get in the boot now that the hinge is gone? If it feels this tough at room temperature I'm worried that things will be really tough on cold mornings during multi day winter camping trips...