Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Just got an email that they are shipping back my shells and should get them first part of next week. Any know if they fully replaced the shells or just the part that was prone to failure?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Just got an email that they are shipping back my shells and should get them first part of next week. Any know if they fully replaced the shells or just the part that was prone to failure?
    I warrantied mine before the recall, and I got new shells (but no new liners).
    sproing!

I just got mine back yesterday. I got entire new boots with new shells and liners (in the green color from last season). Thanks Scarpa!

Relatedly, anyone looking for some new Maestrale RS in size 27.0? If so, send me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I warrantied mine before the recall, and I got new shells (but no new liners).
    Same. Wonder what the failure rate was on the first years?

New shells and liners arrived yesterday. Awesome customer service. It will be nice having extra liners.

Recall, Bump to get this back up to the top of the forum, I sent my boots in last week.

Got my Maestrale RS' back today. Grateful for the quick turn on fresh shells and the extra liners. Probably good for another 10-15 years now considering the fresh liners and that these things ski so great. (I say that since I didn't have a pair that had cracked/failed).

I received an email from SCARPA that my boots are on there way should be here on Monday

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Anyone have any luck upgrading to maestrale xt’s on the warranty replacement

This has probably been answered somewhere on tech talk, but I don't feel like looking for it. So... can anyone tell me whether Scarpa changes the shell size at full size (ie. 29.0) or at the half size (ie. 29.5)?
    I like huge dumps.

28.5 and 29.0 are the same size and then the shell size increases for 29.5 and 30.0.
    Last edited by John_B; 11-02-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks John!
    I like huge dumps.

How did people get extra liners out of the recall? It said to send in shells only. They just replaced my clog and sent them back.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I sent my clog and they sent back a fresh complete pair.

Quote Originally Posted by brown9 View Post
    I sent my clog and they sent back a fresh complete pair.

You sent in just the clog or the whole shell?

they probably ran out of parts so you get the whole boot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Received mine today they replaced the the lower shell that was prone to crack and a ratchet
    cross strap as mine had a crack in it, some hardware plus they enclosed a Scarpa bandana.

Binding compatibility

I just picked up a pair of this years RS, to go with a Shift. I also have a pair of Marker Griffon ID bindings on my daily skis. Does the RS work with this binding? I was told that it works but is risky

Quote Originally Posted by xksrx View Post
    You sent in just the clog or the whole shell?

Sorry, I sent in the full shells. Kept my liners. They sent back a brand new set of complete boots.

Quote Originally Posted by brown9 View Post
    Sorry, I sent in the full shells. Kept my liners. They sent back a brand new set of complete boots.

You got lucky! I got a teal buff out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by m63686 View Post
    I just picked up a pair of this years RS, to go with a Shift. I also have a pair of Marker Griffon ID bindings on my daily skis. Does the RS work with this binding? I was told that it works but is risky
    Marker says it works, which is a pretty high bar in liability terms. Skiing is risky.

Whoever told you that may be confusing SoleID (Marker) with MNC (Amer Sports) - last season Amer Sports said the QuickStep inserts used in the Maestrale RS did not conform to ISO 9523 spec (nothing is supposed to be protruding from the outer contour of the sole) and hence were not compatible with Salomon/Atomic MNC bindings (i.e. Warden 13 & 11, Shift).

Last spring, Scarpa got TÜV to certify their boots as ISO 9523 compliant, and posted on their website that they work with MNC bindings. This year Amer Sports isn't saying anything about the issue, but Scarpa switched from the QuickStep inserts to the original Dynafit inserts (no ridge) for this year's production.

Marker never said anything about a conflict with QuickStep inserts, TMK.

Some of the tyrolia attack series are compatible with AT boots. 14’s I think, and demos - maybe the 16’s too...? Think there’s some AT sole standard involved, but I think that pretty much includes all modern boots (Same as shifts I’m assuming)

i might be imagining things but it sure seems the liners and my foot goes in and out of the boots easier, did they open up the shell a little bit.

What's the general turn-around time for most folks on the recall?

I sent mine in about four weeks ago and then got an email confirmation a couple weeks ago that they had received my shells. But I'm still waiting for an email to announce the shipment of the replacement shells.

ETA: Naturally, 30 minutes after posting this question, I got an email confirming shipment of the new shells. So disregard.
    Last edited by AKbruin; 11-11-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Not found anything related to the issue I have, so posting here in hope for a solution:
    I have a pair of Maestrale RS 2.0s, but find it impossible to close the lower buckles attached to the Z-cables. Even with the microadjustment open to the max, closing the buckles on the last botch is pressing the forefoot to an unbearable extent. Is not only lateral pressure, but also top pressure.
    Have anyone had a similar issue?
    Do you know if there are replacement longer cables, or have anyone found a DYI solution to replace them with longer ones?
    Thank you