Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
    Just found out about the recall. Have gotten the email instructions telling me 1-3 weeks, seen the question asked, but no answers, how does one get new liners also as some appear to have done?

Add me to the list this morning. I had resisted sending mine in due to the boot fitting work. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFC5E394-EB1B-4989-9FAB-3F6367A500F2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	379.9 KB 
ID:	305233
    Harvest the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by VT-BC View Post
    Just found out about the recall. Have gotten the email instructions telling me 1-3 weeks, seen the question asked, but no answers, how does one get new liners also as some appear to have done?
    The instructions I got when I emailed them for the recall was to keep my liners and return the shells with their prepaid postage. Upon return I got new shells with new liners as well. I didn’t ask for them. Replacing the shells seemed enough to me but I didn’t lose any ski time with the warranty process.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It took 3-4 weeks turnaround for my size 29.0's a couple months ago. Scarpa replaced only the bottom half of the shell and reused my upper shells and buckles. Not sure why some people got full replacements, including the liners. I can't complain though, as they replaced my Vibram soles, which were totally worn to nothing.

I bet you a case of brown pops it will depend on if they got the parts to fix the boot

OR if they have to send you a complete new boot in order for a reasonable time line on the fix

so what you get is gona be a crap shoot but either way its a strong showing from Scarpa choosing to not get bogged down in a warranty process due to lack of parts.

but I could be wrong
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know