Exact ski length

I'm new to tgr and I did try to use the search bar to find a thread that was recommended to me by Rowen (ON3P). I am trying to find accurate ski lengths since many companies vary in this area since some measure their skis before they are pressed and some measure after. I just want the information due to the fact that i dont want to short myself on ski length especially since I am 6'4" 156lbs. I need every cm I can get. So if anyone can give me the link to the thread or just give me information about all the companies out there that i should be aware of. Thanks Everyone

Eat a fucking cheeseburger, JONG
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Not helping sir

Eat 2 cheeseburgers?

Just search milkshake and you'll find it.

http://www.skisizecalculator.com/
    For your weight, about a 171.

Maybe 2 cheeseburgers and a milkshake then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    For real? I plugged in my numbers and got 166 - about 20cm shorter than I normally ski . . . but if the OP thinks exact length really matters, a tape measure in a ski shop is the best bet.

Just get 190's in whatever ski and you will be happy.

Also eat the 2 cheeseburgers, 1 milkshake and 3 ensures.

Just because you're tall doesn't mean you can flex a ski meant for heavier riders. Just go by weight; get around 180 in a traditional all-mtn ski, or around 190 if it's a pow ski that's rockered both ends. Done.

And trade in the road bike for some weight training, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    For real? I plugged in my numbers and got 166 - about 20cm shorter than I normally ski . . . but if the OP thinks exact length really matters, a tape measure in a ski shop is the best bet.
    That site also says anything over 100mm waist is powder ONLY! Heh.

OP: Skis manufacturers all measure slightly differently. If you're wondering about an exact ski, you can probably find a thread about it here and ask in the thread. Also, get something 190+ and it won't matter too much. Old K2 skis used to measure 3-4 cm longer, but that's the only real major deviance from the norm.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

190+ for someone 156 lbs, who clearly isn't an advanced skier? (If he was advanced he wouldn't be asking this question.) IMHO, 190 under a lightweight intermediate skier might look more masculine in the lift line but sounds like a way to slow his improvement and cut down on the fun factor.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Old K2 skis used to measure 3-4 cm longer, but that's the only real major deviance from the norm.
    most volkls and rossignols are ~3cm shorter than listed on the ski.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

And I get taken to school by Marshal again.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

https://docs.google.com/a/downskis.c...UVWWDA1dnR6b0E

Bunch of correct lengths here (measured along the base, so not the same as marshal and Blister's preferred method), from the fri flyt sfi thread.

And your original q is stupid. Length is not as important as a separate variable but needs to be taken into account along with stiffness, weight, flex pattern, camber/rocker profile etc.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    And your original q is stupid. Length is not as important as a separate variable but needs to be taken into account along with stiffness, weight, flex pattern, camber/rocker profile etc.
    This is the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Not for real. I found a couple of these ski length calculators googling around, and I posted the results of this on since it resulted in really short skis. I am 6'-4", 235 lbs, and it had me on 183's

yes finally legit answers