Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    The suicide girl log is the funniest part.

So I'm not so sure I'll be able to do this ride. I had acl surgery 7 months ago. I've done rides with almost 3000 feet of climbing recently, but have never done this ride. How techy are the techy sections, how much would a quasi cripple with some decent riding skills but who cannot possibly fall at all be walking?
    Leroy, If you can handle steep switchbacks that are a little loose, Burro will be no issue, hazzard down through kokopelli is a non issue, and when we get into UPS/LPS, there are a few techy ledgy sections and nice long rock roller that is so much god damned fun. after that you get into the Notch/Snotch which is walkable albeit carefully, then down to porc there are a few hike a bike sections if you cant make super super uber techy climb moves.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

To all those following this and coming down... cost of shuttle has gone up to $25. Company that was going to haul us had some issues at the last minute. We now have a ragtag convoy of vans sourced from other companies (All companies NOT named Coyote).
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Leroy, If you can handle steep switchbacks that are a little loose, Burro will be no issue, hazzard down through kokopelli is a non issue, and when we get into UPS/LPS, there are a few techy ledgy sections and nice long rock roller that is so much god damned fun. after that you get into the Notch/Snotch which is walkable albeit carefully, then down to porc there are a few hike a bike sections if you cant make super super uber techy climb moves.
    How steep are we talking about here? Are we talking guy pedalling his 40lb all mountain bike up it thinks its steep or spandex clad xc rider who lost all feeling to his genitals years ago thinks its steep? Moderatly steep I can do but the thing that seems to fuck with my knee most of all is super steep front tire wandering all over the place, knee getting torqued into odd positioned just trying to keep your balance on a the bike kind of stuff. Steep climbs that are sort of rolling, I can pace myself on the flatter sections and sprint the real steep parts so thats not an issue, and my overall cardio is pretty good, but sustained climbing at that front tire wandering back wheel spinning pitch I just can't do.

Thanks for any info and if I come I'll owe you a beer. Really wanna do this but just not sure at this point.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

You will be fine, Leroy. Climbs are short, and easy to hoof if you need to.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Unfortunately I can't get there until the following weekend...next time. Can you easily ride to Sand Flats campground area from town after doing TWE or would that be hell?

Leroy, you'll be fine, the burro section of descent is steep, but not Euro WC DH steep, and its only a few switch backs, DK, its about 3? miles back to town on the road from the bottom of Porc, then another 3-4 to Sand flats? I think that sounds about right? The road up to sand flats is a steep one.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

If anyone wants to meet up the next weekend (11-15th) pm me
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Summit- PoopGhost, myself and a crew of 6-7 will be down in Fruita and Moab next weekend. I think we're planning on doing TWE on Saturday, riding the trails around Fruita the other two days. You're welcome to join us...

I'm out. Knee just isn't ready. I might be down to meet up the next weekend though summit. Have fun guys.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Leroy, Summit, DonkeyKong: drop me or smmokan a PM and we'll get you into our conga line the following weekend.

I'll be rolling form SLC Friday pm in a rented minivan if anyone wants a ride. Would be stoked for the company.

We are driving from fruita tomorrow and will arrive at the camp ground mod afternoon. Dave@fatskideals.com if anything changes? I've prepaid for 2 for 2 nights for camping and cash to the shuttle person?

Quote Originally Posted by nhtele View Post
    I'll be rolling form SLC Friday pm in a rented minivan
    You're channeling your inner mildbill.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKuba View Post
    You're channeling your inner mildbill.
    Don't you know it! I rented a Toyota Sienna last weekend and am fully hooked on the minivan train.

Tuned up the Nomad, extra tubes in the pack. Mole Chicken Enchiladas and PBR in the cooler. Stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    The road up to sand flats is a steep one.
    Thanks. sounds pretty shitty after a long ride though. BTW did you ever end up selling your XC Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Poop~Ghost View Post
    Leroy, Summit, DonkeyKong: drop me or smmokan a PM and we'll get you into our conga line the following weekend.
    Sorry to keep hijacking the thread but I'll be there with a bunch of friends camping at Sand Flats the 13th to 16th and maybe 5 riders. We'll ride TWE either Sun or Mon with shorter rides on the other days, prob pipe dream or slickrock or similar. You are welcome to join us for rides or at our camp site...apparently we'll be almost adjacent to the slickrock loop.

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    Tuned up the Nomad, extra tubes in the pack. Mole Chicken Enchiladas and PBR in the cooler. Stoked!
    Did you remember to bring some sheet music for the piano I will be tying to your bike?

So is there a damage report?
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Yep, looking forward to hearing how the ride went.

How were conditions? I'm heading down there this weekend.

I heard Rideit broke the top 200 on the Strava segment.

Riding well, albeit a little loose. With the number of people we had it was surprising there wasn't more carnage. Groups worked themselves out naturally. I think the worst bike carnage was ripped off derailleur, multiple broken chains after setting it up SS, and a couple flats. He was strider biking most of the way down. No major injuries that I heard of. The food/drinking part was good as usual. Maybe someone took some pics.

I wouldn't have taken some pics. IF YOU FUCKING STOPPED.

This is all I got.

One of you internet people whom I don't recognize in a full-face:

Eww, uphilling

Best sandwich ever

Which one of y'all is this?

Towards the end of Porcupine Rim

Not a bad campsite view

Kuba, that bearded dude on the ledge is a Non-Mag Allen, but since you saw that you must have seen my hideous white sleeveless blazer.
    what a great ride, I will upload the 2-3 pics i have at a later date.

Phall, I've got a couple pics of you on the uphill of Hazard (and of a few of others, beard, blue shirt, and is that a Kona?).

Sorry didn't take you guys up on the party offer, it was my buddy's first time on Enchilada and he was wrecked by the end, stumbling and pale and totally done in.

Anyway, let me know if y'all want those images.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky