Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    you wanna talk about painful, try being a moment dealer during sales like this.
    I bought a pair of Bibbys for the same price this time last year from a local shop. It's the end of the season, lots of places are blowing out stuff.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

mtskier I did think of that, after I picked my jaw up off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    I bought a pair of Bibbys for the same price this time last year from a local shop. It's the end of the season, lots of places are blowing out stuff.
    We are in the process of blowing out all of our remaining skis too, including moment. but any shop that sells their skis for the prices moment is offering should just close the doors now. they would be losing over $100 on every pair.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Great. Wasn't planning on buying skis anytime soon but just bought some 188 Tahoes. They better rip.
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

We are in the process of blowing out all of our remaining skis too, including moment. but any shop that sells their skis for the prices moment is offering should just close the doors now. they would be losing over $100 on every pair.
    to be fair, they are out of many of the most popular designs - if people want them now for example, they have to buy bibbys from a shop, not the factory...

this may hurt shop orders for next year though?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

saw somewhere that Moment will be on the wasatch front this weekend demoing skis for free..

Brighton - Friday 4/6 (tomorrow)
    Alta - Saturday 4/7
    Snowbird - Sunday 4/8

Hopin they have the 186 NT, 186/196 bibby special-governor... even with the shit snow

Being someone who's family used to own a ski shop, I totally agree. Sucks to complete against your suppliers.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I would be interested to see how many shops lose out on sales because of this sale. My guess is not many. Either way bump for a great deal.

~73% of America is ignorant and doesn't understand there is a thing called the internet and therefore, the people bouncing around in shops are likely unaware this sale even took place... just my $.02

FWIW, I checked the site about 20 mins after the original post and they had most of the popular on tgr skis in most sizes. I couldn't really make up my mind, so I mulled it over and checked again a couple of hours later. Big difference. Everything was down to the oddball sizes (and the colab bibby, which I should've grabbed), or completely gone. Based on that time frame I'm guessing they only had one or two pairs of each left. So yes, they were undercutting their dealers, but not with any significant inventory.

They are also making less money on these skis than dealers do in the first place. It would be a much bigger deal for a manufacturer to carry a seasonal inventory over than it is for a shop. The shop can sell it in the fall when thats not really an option for the manufacturer.

Anyone who snagged some 190 Bibby Pro's and is looking to shift them on would be more than willing to take them off your hands! I know its an unlikely shout but you never know. Same goes for anyone with new bibbys they are looking to shift.

If anyone was hoping for some 188 PB&Js, I'm selling a pair. More info here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-182-Belafonte

Also interested in a trade for Belafontes.

/shameless spam

50% off sale going on now through the weekend.

196 Bibby Special - $350
    176/86 Ghost Chant - $350
    178 Night Train - $340

Kit Carson [kids ski with tip rocker] - $150
    111-86-103 @160

Hey,

It is a good day.

I was just on the Moment site.....and strange but I saw some 190 Bibbys in inventory for $350......bot em!

So stoked for some 190s (been on 180s - 185s for so long, looking forward to trying something longer).

Sorry but I then went back in to the site and checked inventory again.....no 190s so that was the last pair (must have just been added recently)

But if anyone is interested it looks like they have a pair of 184 Bibbys for $350 and 182 Jag Sharks for $365.

K

Hopefully my kid grows enough this summer to use his Kid Carsons next season....that would be the dopeness.

there's also a pair of 196 bibby's....so tempting.