Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Key Largo not much pretty much just drove through the place. Seemed to be tons of dive shops and fishing charters in the area. Make the drive down to Key West one of coolest drives I've made.

There is one thing in Key Largo. John Pennecamp park. Otherwise, it is Miami south.

oh yeah if you rent a bike be sure to get a cup holder for your beer. You can bike and walk around with a open container all you want. One fun thing is to bike up to a liquor store drive thru and get a cold one.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Flew myself, brother and father down to Key West from Naples for lunch and to take in the sights. Walking down the street and hear two guys talking behind us. "I can't believe he fired me after I sucked his dick". Yahoo.
    Red-i-XS

Well it does seem a little ungrateful.

I'd be pissed too.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Figured I'd give a recap. First off thanks for the info.

We fished 2 days caught and ate Mahi Mahi and Wahoo (Ono). Did some Wahoo up as sushi for an appy it was great. Then a friend grilled up the rest of the Wahoo and Mahi Mahi.
    Second day the sea was angry and we caught a bunch of Amberjacks off a wreck, released those.

For nightlife we hit:
    Hogs Breath - Ended up there everynight at least for a bit, love that place, Nice relaxed vibe outside, good people.
    Sloppy Joe's - not real impressed seemed like a dump, potential for late night though.
    Irish Kevin's - lively party scene. If we were getting wasted it would have been the spot to do it.
    Jack Flats - did some day drinking and watched some games, tons of TV's. Good crowd.
    Smallest Bar - Literally a walk up bar that fit 15 people max, grabbed a few for the road there.

Eats-
    Ate our fish at a friends house one night, best meal of the trip.
    Blackfin Bistro - on Duval. went off of a recco, great meal. Pricey but worth it.
    Two Friends Patio - off of Duval. Surprisingly good. One of the old guys got nervous that we were never going to eat again and we stumbled across this place. Casual.

Miami to Key West & back
    Islamoranda looked like the place to stop but we powered through on the way down. Hit a shrimp shack there on the way back up that did the job.

I see a return trip in my future.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    There's some good info in here.

I'm planning a bachelor party down to Key West later this summer but don't know much about it.

Biggest question....is there an area of the island we should be looking to stay? Preferably staggering distance from where we'll be drinking.

Also, are there weekends/events during the summer that should be avoided at all costs? Wedding is mid Sept, so before that is all I have to worry about.

If you are anywhere east of the cemetery or White Street you'll have a long ass stagger

BUMP

cuz my little sister is getting hitched in Key West in March and I gotta go

I'm sorta pissed because:

a) I have to go to the fucking South in the winter - I hate being away from snow

b) I promised myself I'd never go to fucking Florida

c) I'm not really that into hanging out at the beach or fishing - what else do you do in fucking Florida?

d) it's Fat Tuesday and my sister lives in Baton Rouge and I have to go back there and NOT go to Mardi Gras - I have to go to fucking Florida

anyway....Krystal Kartwright has been there a few times, but it's been 15 years

recs for mountain dirtbags with a 7 year old kid?

seriously....

fucking Florida.....

wtf?

Key West ≠ Florida.

SUP/Kayak in the Mangroves.
    Check out some cool art.
    Snorkel
    Walk around a old fort
    Hookers and blow (depending on how mature your 7 year old is)

PM Hook
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Look up Danger Charters. Your kid will have a blast, and learn a lot. You will have a great time. It is like a tropical New Orleans.

timely bump, heading there in 3 weeks, just for one day/night. Missed my first choice of lodging by a day [key west b&b], but got in at Westwinds. Wanted that NW location, as the only plans so far are to start drinkin at Schooner Wharf, grab a snack at Garbo's Grill, hit a sunset cruise w/free beer, have a few beers and a hot dog at the Chart Room, and maybe hit Finnegan's Wake for a nightcap. Next day is the drive back to Fort Myers Beach, so prolly just hit the hotel breakfast and avoid loud noises...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Tye- if you are going by Schooner Warf, wear your bathing suit and walk next door. There is a new bar there with a pool and some good talent. Telee and I had a couple drinks there. Pretty cool concept, food and drinks with pool, not tied to any hotel, and right by the docks. Hence the talent.

my plans are changing

we've decided to just do the 7 day cruise from NO to Key West and Nassau and back

I honestly can't believe I am doing a Carnival fucking cruise

only a day in Key West

cruise is not my style, but I'd rather spend a week on the boat with my sis and her kids and her new dude and his kids than just see her for a few hours in fucking Florida

that Danger Charters outfit looks really good - I wants to go play with them

I'm back for awhile. The baits moved in with this cold front so the Sailfish won't be far behind. It's a little breezy this week but if nothing else we'll hoist some brew. Tie one on with tye 1on style, Pm me for cell.

Went to a buddies wedding there sometime in the 90's. At that time the stripclubs were first rate. At one point they had him in his Haines in a chair on stage, ripped the elastic out of the shorts, tied it into a headband and stuck his Cuban in it like a feather then proceeded to tie him to the chair and took turns lap dancing him. A night to remember. The only wilder bachelor party I can recall was in New Orleans.

Thinking of heading away with wife for a long weekend and we are exploring places to go. I want to put Key West on the list.

Are there any actual resorts in KW that are on a actual beach? She is adamant that being able to chill on a beach has to be part of the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are some fake resorts on fake beaches.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

You could do a day trip out to the Tortugas and chill on a beach with a dope fort to explore. Otherwise KW proper has like one shitty ass beach.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    I think there are some fake resorts on fake beaches.
    Yea, this. Key West isnt really a beach resort kind of place. That being said it is one of my favorite places on earth. My end game is to have some sort of place there in the future. Full disclosure though, I havent been on Duvall Street in years, I prefer to spend my time on a fishing boat getting my ass handed to me by tarpon.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Thinking of heading away with wife for a long weekend and we are exploring places to go. I want to put Key West on the list.

Are there any actual resorts in KW that are on a actual beach? She is adamant that being able to chill on a beach has to be part of the trip.
    Casa Marina

The nicer beaches are further up the keys. Bahia Honda State Park has a really nice beach, as does the Ocean Reef Club.

We went to Key West last February, I was still on crutches from getting injured, so we stayed at some fucking Marriott or something right by the end of Duval St. (after 2 months of opioids my brain was pretty non-functional at the time) but we did have a blast and I'm very much in favor of the place. Ate at a couple really good restaurants, I crutched around town pretty hard, rented a little atv thing to get around town better, went on a fishing charter, I dug it a lot. If you're interested in the hotel or restaurant names let me know my wife still has a brain and will remember.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I havent been on Duvall Street in years, I prefer to spend my time on a fishing boat getting my ass handed to me by tarpon.
    Sorry about that. My Duval game is stronger than my Tarpon game.