things that made me laugh this week

Riding up the chair with my smurfs in tow and dude joins us with these funky solomons. I've seen them before, and they are designed by some surfer. Anyway, their blue with flourescent green side walls. Guy has matching color outfit with the flourescent green hat. He explains that they are awesopme skis once you learn how to ski in the backseat.

We get to the parking lot, and there is a brand new jeep there which is kind of a flourescent orange. I talk to my boys about how it might look cool on the lot, but it will be hard to sell a funky color like that if they ever had to get rid of it. As we're packing into the car, guy walks up with sun glasses that match the color of his jeep.

I know It's pretty judgemental coming from a guy that buys whatever color fits him at the annual patagonia outlet sales, but this made me smile.

Back to training.

That's pretty funny. It's all about image for some folks I guess... Empty souls.
    Don't Blame me, I voted for JoJo

Hey look at me,I'm a dork.

Disclaimer- Carhart and Leather gloves on this side of the mountain.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Sounds like you're as concerned with image as they are.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    He explains that they are awesopme skis once you learn how to ski in the backseat.
    Now that is pretty funny
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

the correct response is something like "You can't train for AK in the back seat."
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Exactly. Just like the rest go-pro,loud colored,name brand,fat ski,helmet skiers.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

saw the same skis, Solomon BBR's at whistler. Shaped like a sperm. Pretty GHEY

BBR's Are fun! Sucking cock is GHEY.

OP: Your location speaks volumes about your post.

I skied those freaky Salomons and hated them ... they are indeed for backseat riding, or water skiing
    Sent from my Timex Sinclair using TGR Forums

Just looked at the webcite for those things. It states "the future of ski shape." If that's the future, I'll be on my old ass skis (JJ's) for a looooooong time to come

Sorry to have bugged you

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    OP: Your location speaks volumes about your post.
    I do fish and kayak up north by you and it is beautiful. Just not enjoying the stuff I have to do today and am coming here to make it through.

For the record, I ski'd the BBR's and thought they sucked big hairy ghey balls. (NTTIAWWT)

Carry on.

BBRs are a good thing people, we do not want more and more people on quality shaped all mountain/powder skis as that just means the mountain gets tracked out sooner. Carving needs to make a comeback soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Exactly. Just like the rest go-pro,loud colored,name brand,fat ski,helmet skiers.
    you really knocking people for wearing a helmet?

getting fat skis, name-brand color-coordinated gear, and a goPro when you aren't comfortable skiing everything on the mountain is worthy of ridicule. But wearing a helmet, especially when you aren't an extremely confident skier who stays within your abilities, is not worthy of ridicule.

Don't ski out of control stay within your skill level. But your right getting hit by an Out of Control hic you need a helmet.

i laughed at myself after i slammed into a snow wall in the flat light. just stopped in a wall of powder, how could i do anything but.
    bf