Seattle in June, lil help...

Work is sending me to Everett for three weeks in June for training. June 4th-22nd. I will have 2 weekends to explore, also have a vehicle. Whats fishing over there that time of year? Salmon? I have rods to tackle most fish, both fly and gear. Would maybe like to try the salt but do not have access to a boat. Open to pretty much anything but trout, have that at my disposal locally. Whatcha got?

anything but trout? well good luck, I suppose there are bass...

You might be able to luck into some rezzys or blackmouth off beaches, but they are basically trout. June is a good month to fish the Yakima.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

there will be some summer steelhead in the rivers, although the rivers will likely be running high due to the snowpack. there's sea-run cutthroat in puget sound and bottomfish off the jetties on the coast. there's always trout on the east side of the cascades.

if you're interested in sea-run cutthroat on the beaches from kayaks, shoot me a PM.

i also forgot that chinook fishing will likely be open out on the coast(neah bay to columbia river) if you want to go on a charter. saltwater salmon seasons have not been set yet, but there is a high likelihood of a june opener for chinook in the ocean. there might be limited salmon opening inside puget sound.

there may be a day or two halibut opening on the north coast while you are in the area if you want to load up on meat and you might be able to do a combo halibut-chinook trip.

Topwater, All that sounds interesting. Any recos. on a good charter company? I do love me some Halibut!

I recommend Mike.

Jambo's Sportfishing

He is the only charter left from when I used to run a boat at Neah Bay. Great guy and gets people into fish. He's likely booked for US halibut but he does run Canadian halibut trips. If it is open for salmon he's the guy to go with.

Chris

Thanks topwater, I learned some stuff.

I usually head to the panhandle for trout fishing in the summer.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by topwater View Post
    I recommend Mike.

Jambo's Sportfishing

He is the only charter left from when I used to run a boat at Neah Bay. Great guy and gets people into fish. He's likely booked for US halibut but he does run Canadian halibut trips. If it is open for salmon he's the guy to go with.

Chris
    Talked to Mike, great guy. He is booked for US Buts. Might book a bottom fish trip though. Salmon seasons are not set yet but sounded like maybe the 16th of June so who knows.

Auvegeek: If you get this way let me know, wouldn't mind chucking some bugs with a fellow maggot. The CDA had been fishing lights out with Skwalas till all the rain hit.