Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: McConkey

bless the pioneers!!!!!!!!!!

I will be lining up to see that.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I feel like this will be a movie of laughing and crying
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Wow, I'm already crying. It's gonna be awesome and it's gonna hurt, can't wait.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

That trailer made Shane's dad, Jim, seem like quite the dickhead. Is he?

"He wasn't allowed to ever talk to his father, see his father or do anything with his father..."

That scene at 00:36...where he basically "falls" down what looks like an 80 degree PLUS degree face....I've seen some wild-ass insane stuff...but that few seconds of footage pretty much tops them all!! And he stuck it perfectly. Where in hell was that? Jackson Hole?

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Dang, that's gonna be hard and awesome to watch!
    If you're being rad and nobody's around to see it, are you really being rad?

www.simonblide.blogspot.com

Saw the trailer today while watching cold rush on tv. I'm so stoked to see it. Can't wait until it comes out. He was one of the best...in every aspect of the word.

Everyday, whether I'm skiing or not, his words are with me..."There's nothing better than sliding down snow and flying through the air."
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

... just ski down there and jump off something for crying out loud! My kids quote Shane to me all the time. As in "dad don't be so lame"!
    Last edited by skew; 03-24-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo

Fuck I am already cryin'

Too soon he went Maki'

Shane was my biggest childhood hero. If not for his inspiration, I would have given it up a long time ago. I'll be buying this movie as soon as possible.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    I feel like this will be a movie of laughing and crying
    I felt that way just watching the trailer. McConkey was always one of my heroes growing up

As a kid watching Plake and Shane was the best. To watch those guys after a day of skiing on the ol rsn. He seriously was the man, no other way to put it. I was getting all teary eyed just watching the trailer. I can't wait to see this!

I can't wait to see the movie of the Master, but shit towards the end, the shots of him jumping, the voiceover and tears......my stomach didn't feel good.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

Looking forward to seeing how this film treats the legacy of the man that I consider to be the greatest innovator in recent skiing history, four times over. I daresay Shane's death affected this community more than any other single event that I've seen. This needed to be made and made right.

Rest in Pow, Shane.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Being fairly new to the sport I can't say I've been a long time admirer of SM, but As a father of a two year old little girl, the scene at 2:12 kissing his daughter really gets to me.

My 2 year old looks over as I'm watching the trailer..."wow he is flying"...

The man has earned his place as an icon in the history of the sport. I am stoked to see this fim.
    How many sport legends have such a tangible and self-depricating sense of humor?
    Tip rocker, reverse reverse, slarving....we owe it and so much more to Shane.
    Last edited by Jim S; 03-25-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

That man raised and set the bar for not just skiing. Truly an icon, shitbge revolutionized the sport. I know there are plenty of pol here, myself included that have rockered skis. Shane is soley responsible for that. I can't help but think of him every time I click in.

I'm assuming Huckasoreass had a hand in making this film since he filmed Shane for fifteen years...

this movie is going to be unbelievable. Shane was such an amazing person, I am 100% going to be seeing that movie when it comes out. SIP shane, hope your still rippin up there

A must watch.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

"We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

bump....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Fuck I am already cryin'

Too soon he went Maki'

No doubt. And that was just the trailer. Can't wait to see it, gonna be a great tribute.