Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Bamavail......my first acct was hacked which sucked.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    What is the conference?

This...

I need to reach out, curious to learn more about how Chasing Epic has done for you since we last communicated.
    Shoot me a PM, I’m happy to answer questions anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Nope. 100% narcissistic posts of herself, or re-posts/others' pics.

Wouldn't even want to bang that crazy egotistical cunt.

Exactly why Instacheeze has gone to hell.

If you are into photog stuff, check out Sean. He's made a switch to Fuji this year, but he has a great eye, and is a hellava guy. Check out his youtubez too: https://www.instagram.com/seantuck/
    I'd rather see quality photography then some crazy chicks tits over and over again

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

On the narcissistic end of the spectrum, but she's hot and she skis:
    https://www.instagram.com/francesverweij/

Hmmm... from her last several posts it looks like she knows how to put skis on, but there’s no proof she actually uses them.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Hmmm... from her last several posts it looks like she knows how to put skis on, but there’s no proof she actually uses them.
    The question is: do you care? She certainly looks good in the outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    She is attractive in a hot model sort of way with nice eyes but too polished. 98% of pictures have her in them and some are worth studying closely but too...many...selfies...damnit. And show us a skiing video right?^ Give me a munz bunz instead. https://www.instagram.com/munz_bunz/

I am amused by this thread. A lot of you guys take your Instagram feeds very seriously which is cool. I think it is a fun format and I almost always read the text behind the photos so I find it surprising some of you do not.

I know this...as a dad pushing closer to 50 every darn day...I can put up what I feel is a decent picture and maybe get 20 likes over the course of a few days, a lot of them from fellow maggots who tend to have the best feeds anywhere imnsho. If I put the exact same picture on my 16 yo stepsons Instagram he will get a couple of hundred hearts in hours. So my Instagram is just a mix of what my life is about with only a shrug thrown toward quality sometimes because nobody really cares...lol...as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Your presentation is solid https://www.phil-herbert.com/speaking-engagements/

It's hard to believe in this day and age that marketers still need to be told this.
    They all know it, they just ignore it. Too much money to be had in the scam. Ad Contrarian explains the fraud well in his blog and books.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    They all know it, they just ignore it. Too much money to be had in the scam. Ad Contrarian explains the fraud well in his blog and books.
    Well, at a certain point it's difficult to achieve scale without that component. I've seen many failed marketing campaigns due to the buyer's absolute commitment to efficiency. Again, so much depends on the product and company - sure, there's a ton of waste, but there's also a lot of success. Some of these people are idiots but many are not.

Thanks. Opening it for reading. Good flu-recovery downtime reading https://adcontrarian.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

I know this...as a dad pushing closer to 50 every darn day...I can put up what I feel is a decent picture and maybe get 20 likes over the course of a few days, a lot of them from fellow maggots who tend to have the best feeds anywhere imnsho. If I put the exact same picture on my 16 yo stepsons Instagram he will get a couple of hundred hearts in hours. So my Instagram is just a mix of what my life is about with only a shrug thrown toward quality sometimes because nobody really cares...lol...as it should be.
    Knowing how the system is gamed so thoroughly it's hard to take the "likes" seriously. Stories, Insta, WeChat, Whatsapp. It really is all a gigantic rigjob

Speaking of influencers and of FYRE...which one of you guys has the TGR hat on backwards in that documentary?

Haha
    You should have been here yesterday!

I'm on Instagram.

@juuuuuuuulieeee

What's instagram? Is that anything like MySpace or AOL?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Knowing how the system is gamed so thoroughly it's hard to take the "likes" seriously. Stories, Insta, WeChat, Whatsapp. It really is all a gigantic rigjob
    I know most ski sponsors these days don't really concern themselves with likes or the number of followers and instead want to see user engagement via comments.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I know most ski sponsors these days don't really concern themselves with likes or the number of followers and instead want to see user engagement via comments.
    I wonder if bots and AI will soon change that. It’s getting easier and easier to automate comments from fake accounts.

Click farms are now selling comments-as-a-service.

Sure, but fake / bot comments often ring hollow, especially in a niche environment. Let's say some skier puts up an instagram post with a POV video. A bot can say "Awesome!" or something generic, but it's not going to respond with something specific to the content like: "Loved the straight-line through the choke!" It's very obvious when there's a bunch of engaged followers.

Who's on Instagram?

Sure, but fake / bot comments often ring hollow, especially in a niche environment. Let's say some skier puts up an instagram post with a POV video. A bot can say "Awesome!" or something generic, but it's not going to respond with something specific to the content like: "Loved the straight-line through the choke!" It's very obvious when there's a bunch of engaged followers.
    That’s becoming a lot less true as AI gets better. Of course for the the super niche, this will always be an issue because of the effort for getting training data but still you might be surprised. For example, how do you distinguish a lazy comment like “Awesome line bro” if it was from a lazy human or a bot?

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    That’s becoming a lot less true as AI gets better. Of course for the the super niche, this will always be an issue because of the effort for getting training data but still you might be surprised. For example, how do you distinguish a lazy comment like “Awesome line bro” if it was from a lazy human or a bot?
    Well, if you're an athlete manager in this case, you click on the profile of the commenter and it's usually pretty obvious. Anyway, I'm just repeating what a few pro skiers have told me.

Click farms are now selling comments-as-a-service.
    I had a couple pro skiers leave comments on some of my photos, but it was clearly a bot doing it for them. It was weird because I've met them in person so I thought they were being friendly and taking interest in me. Nope, just a bot, so weird.

That’s true. If you dig in, you can pretty easily tell if the profile is a bot or human. However, the way social media works is that it is a snowball effect in the sense that you become more trending by being trending. What that means is that bots can help you get more real comments. And as AI gets better how do you determine that the real comments you got didn’t partially come from the fake bot comments?

What I am saying is that bots can’t take garbage and get it trending but they can make a big difference when you have two IG posts of roughly equal value and one has real comments augmented with comments from “smart” bots but the other one does not.

I had a couple pro skiers leave comments on some of my photos, but it was clearly a bot doing it for them. It was weird because I've met them in person so I thought they were being friendly and taking interest in me. Nope, just a bot, so weird.
    lol... wow.

How is it clear? It seems like the format of Instagram lends itself to leaving very terse comments. I certainly can't tell if the comment "awesome!" or "great shot!" came from a human or a bot.

Almost always a bot. If I leave a comment like that I always leave some post specific text to make it clear I am not a bot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk