Echo Ion reel VS Orvis ClearwaterLA reel

So I just pciked up a Echo Ion 10"6wt. Looking for a reel for it. Have narrowed my choices down to these two. Does anyone have experience with both? They seem real similar and priced the same, pros/cons? Leaning Orvis since I have a local shop with cool peeps working it.

I have the 10' 7wt with a bauer for LE steelhead and love it

A Bauer is really in the same price range lol. I have a fleet of Ion's for trout and stripers and love them. Will try them in Cancun in July to see how they do in salt but so far love em for the $.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    A Bauer is really in the same price range lol. I have a fleet of Ion's for trout and stripers and love them. Will try them in Cancun in July to see how they do in salt but so far love em for the $.
    I take it you have not tried the Orvis CLW LA? I am a little nervous of the Orvis since I blew a reel up on a king in AK a few years ago.

Ski 247: can you not read? No fucking way am I putting a $500 reel on a $200 trout rod. Your 7wt is barely a SH rod up here!

I've seen em but had no thought to try em since the echo's work fine. FWIW one of my employee's guides at Hoodoo Lodge in the summer/fall and they have Ion's on all their client rods and they held up fine to King's just in from the salt, a lot of reels 4 times as much $ didn't.