Rhino racks - any thoughts vs Yakima and Thule

Anyone using a rhino rack?
    How do you think they compare to the usual suspects - yakima and thule

From what I've seen it seems the racks themselves look pretty good, aero profile, lock well, strong, priced well but I'm not sure about the accessories, bike carriers, ski carriers etc.

The ready availability of spare parts for Thule and Yakima racks makes them a superior choice IMHO.

I'm pretty partial to the old-school square or round bars. Aero bars are for yuppies with a Porsche SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    The ready availability of spare parts for Thule and Yakima racks makes them a superior choice IMHO.
    X2, especially when considering the ready availability of *used* accessories for Thule/Yakima on craigslist -- or, for that matter, here on gearswap.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I've had Rhino racks on a rover for 2+ years. They have held up well. I have ski racks on them in the winter. The main reason I bought them over yak/Thule was their low profile. I can still get into garages no problem. I would recommend them if height is an issue.

I'm pretty partial to the old-school square or round bars. Aero bars are for yuppies with a Porsche SUV.
    The square bars are just more versatile. I only have the one car, so if I'm hauling plywood or something, square bars are better than aero for sure.

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has had durability issues with Rhino. I can potentially save $50-$100 vs Thule/Yakima for a mount and crossbar set, and it seems like just about every accessory mount out there these days (bike, ski, cargo, etc.) will fit fine across any brand's crossbars.

Round bars created a ton of wind noise on my truck, aero for me.

I've had Rhino aero bars on my Subie for over a year, bought them used and haven't ever taken them off, and they are great, no issues at all.

Five years later and I now have Thule aero bars. On my Ford.

*eats crow*