Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: F%ck- RIP Rob

I wish I had gotten to know him better. But in meeting him it was evident that he lived life to the fullest and encouraged those around him to do the same. Rob you will be deeply missed.

I dealt with Rob when getting some skis last November. I almost never use the phone, prefer being anti-social with email. But I gave him a call when he seemingly asked for the chance to talk rather than email. He was a really nice friendly polite fully stoked guy, and I remember thinking that I should talk to more people on the phone if it is always like that.

When they arrived I let him know and he mailed this "Rip those boards and have a great season".

Skied 'em 70 days now, and counting. Thanks Rob. RIP.
    Life is not lift served.

Fuck. This is the worst week. Robs stoke was infectious and he was always out for everybody else, not himself. He was what anybody who hopes to lead people into the woods should aspire to be. Ill miss ya buddy.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

the other person buried and in bad shape has died, nick dodov of truckee.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82E04820120315

condolences to family and friends of both.

So sad!!!!

stellar day of smearing the vibe all over everybody. thanks for the inspiration rob. you are missed but you are a part of everyone you touched

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    dside laying it down for the outlaw. he would, of course, say "all-time".

The reality of Rob's passing comes and goes. Since Z introduced me to him in 2006, I have pretty much been stoked for the next opportunity to hang with Rob and looking to do so as soon as possible. Being around him, as many can attest, was a little different than being around anyone else. Hard to explain. So good yet ridiculously humble to the point where he would freely admit that he wasn't all that humble, but to you he was. Such an interesting guy to talk to. Perfectly at peace in his life. The change he made in my life alone means he lives on, and I know I'm not the only one. A life incredibly well lived.

The survival rate of genuinely awesome people is staggeringly low. I'm sad about that.
    Chocolate? This is doodoo, BABY!

Rob would have been tweaking out on the conditions yesterday. All-time by anyone's standards.

Drive slow, homie.

Nice Z, nice.

Rob never needed great conditions to be super excited, if he was in the mountains he was stoked. Z is right though, on days like the one pictured above, he is the happiest man alive.
    Last edited by soul_skier; 03-25-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

GO FOR ROB

Have 'go for rob' stickers up here if anyone wants i could try to get some in the mail. 1 dollar per...
    Drive slow, homie.

One for you Buddy!

I had the stickers made and can get plenty for the masses if wanted. let me know.

word. Ted's the man with the plan....
    Drive slow, homie.

bump with video tribute from ADN

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/38695411?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/38695411">Liberman Dodov Tribute</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/skithehimalayas">Godu Productions</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I didn't know Rob but through hearing about him from others I sense how awesome of a guy he was. A good friend of mine just hashed out some of his memories of Rob, thought I'd share and add to the thread: http://www.earlyups.com/photos/rob-liberman-draft/

Also, here's that tribute video, embedded:

Rob seemed like an incredible person. My condolences to all.

Sounds like I was at CU the exact same time as Rob...would have been a great guy to know. RIP.

miss you mang.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Rob was awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I have never known another human being who cared so goddamn much about his water. I am forever blessed (in retrospect) for the years I dealt with having to drive his ass way the hell out into the middle of nowhere (from CO to UT to AK) to fill up a jug with "it straight from the source, booyashacka!". Thinking about you brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Rob was awesome
    and, no...werkel. you got is wrong. Rob IS awesome.

Today is Outlaw day!

Headed out to go get some for ya, buddy!

RIP Bro !!!

Outlaw day! Cold Pow and Snow crab yesterday up in Haines. Rob, you are the man.
    Drive slow, homie.