Midnight in Paris Woody Allen

I liked it a lot. A little hard to stay with the story but it is thought provoking and deals metaphorically with life questions. The scenery is stunning and the French actresses are over the top smoking hot.

I didn't find it hard to stay with the story at all...I had a more difficult time keeping up with all the writers, artists, actors from the bygone eras more than anything. The story itself was pretty simple: disillusioned writer finally finds his place in life. Beyond that, it was also an examination/rumination on how much stock we, as people, put on the past and how some of us put way too much stock in superficial things. It was also a huge romantic homage to Paris and the art circles it fostered over the decades.

I rather enjoyed watching Owen Wilson do a pretty spot-on Woody Allen, from his frumpy mannerisms on down to his ill-fitting, quite unfashionable clothes.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I just watched this last night (redbox) -- both Mrs. C. and I really liked this movie, and neither of us are Woody Allen fans.

Script, pacing, acting, casting -- everything about this was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Nice movie, I love Allen for his being so intellectual and easy to perceive at the same time. He's not depressing unlike lots of other directors who believe that if you want to show the truth of life it must necessarily be gloomy and inevitable. Midnight in Paris teaches us that you should enjoy what you have instead of dreaming of unachievable things.

I`m a fan of Paris, not Woody Allen. I loved the movie.

It was a good movie. Owen Wilson did a great job, and all the literary shout outs were great.

It was okay, but as Gertrude Stein herself would have said, "There's no 'there' there". Kinda lightweight and not really all that funny either. But not a bad way to spend a couple hours.