Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Make sure the people with all the border issues are in one car, and all the ones with clear records are in another car. if they are flying in, let them know there are plenty of shuttles to the mountain they can take if they get delayed. I've been delayed a whole day before, with no criminal record at all, you just never fucking know with those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    its not misdemeanors that keep you out of canada.
    its misdemeanors in the states that would be felonies in canada that keep you out, e.g., DUIs.

and like I said, it is a complete roll of the dice whether a border patrol agent feels like fucking with you. I got in twice with no hassle and then on the third time, I got hassled. I honestly think the only reason I didn't get hassled the third time was because it was early in the morning and we were the only car trying to cross at the time. The first two times, there as a huge line to cross the border and the agent probably didn't feel like he had the time to fuck with some american (i honestly wanted nothing more to show them my $185 dollar piece of paper saying I was rehabilitated).

but yea its a roll of the dice, your buddies might get popped or they might not is how it seems to play outs.
    This ^^

If you have ever worked for the federal government of Canada you would realize most of the employees either are or become a special kind of suck

and for fucksakes leave your MMJ at home cuz it is not legal up here altho you can pick some up in Vancover at an MJ store

GUNS leave them at home, you don't need them anyway cuz nobody else has any guns ... Canada is not as dangerous as America
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I wish Canadians would stamp my passport.

10years on the dui if it's longer than that they can give you some shit if you're a dick or say stuff like "we're here for work" but you'll be able to get in. I travel there for biz couple times a year and never had an issue with my 20+ yr old dui.

Yah - buddy in B'Ham had just a wet reckless about 3-4 years ago and couldn't get through to hook up in Whistler...

Big group with multiple deplorables in tow? You're fucked.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Thanks for the advice y'all. We're actually flying into Calgary, but I'd guess similar principles apply.

The DUI was ~8 years ago, I think. I'm hoping he's good.

The misdo was vandalism (long story), but only 4 years ago. Sounds like it would be a roll of the dice, so he bailed.

And ML -- we're all deplorables -- we're Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Thanks for the advice y'all. We're actually flying into Calgary, but I'd guess similar principles apply.

The DUI was ~8 years ago, I think. I'm hoping he's good.

The misdo was vandalism (long story), but only 4 years ago. Sounds like it would be a roll of the dice, so he bailed.

And ML -- we're all deplorables -- we're Americans.
    i have a criminal mischief charge from 1987. I flew into Calgary about 5 years ago and got hassled. I explained the "crime" to the customs agents. They said my explanation corroborated what was on file.The charge had never shown up previously including multiple personal and employment background checks and many previous border crossings into Canada. When asked why I went to Canada so much I explained that all my relatives were Canadian, I do mean all, and that I visited often but was never previously hassled. Very, very cute customs girl proceeds to tell me how to secure a Canadian passport and then said she would purge my record. I never got a Canadian passport, Just last month I flew into Montreal with no issue. On the same trip we drove from Maine to New Brunswick and again, no problems.

My point? Who knows what they will so but I'd be prepared to be turned back.

What about a dui and small drug misdemeanor like 28 years ago?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    What about a dui and small drug misdemeanor like 28 years ago?
    just as we supposed......
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKVmpJaMffM

New shit has come to light

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...-cbc-1.3875467

"The changes to national border security came last November after CBC News looked into her case and discovered front-line border agents at primary inspection points did not have access to the Canadian Police Information Centre.

CPIC is a database detailing criminal records, individuals with outstanding arrest warrants and other information outlining who might be a risk to Canadians. Only travellers deemed suspicious and sent for more secondary checks were being screened through CPIC at border crossings. Now CBSA agents at all inspection points screen every passenger arriving in Canada through CPIC. "

So maybe they didn't screen you before unless you got to secondary now everyone gets screened eh, so heads up all you criminals!
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-01-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

What's latest on this? Someone wants to tag along as a passenger but for sure if they run his shit he's getting declined. So everyone in the car gets their information ran now....eh?

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by marcg View Post
    What's latest on this? Someone wants to tag along as a passenger but for sure if they run his shit he's getting declined. So everyone in the car gets their information ran now....eh?

If older than 10 years it's more or less ok, but dui is a felony in canukistan so they are very strict. I don't know if it immediately shows when a passport is scanned. I don't know that I would offer the info, but if you are pushed to the "other line" for further questioning that's where they'd find it. At that point I'd play dumb and say you didn't have a clue it was a problem. It's not like it's on the immigration questionnaire.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Ok yeah seems like a total gamble still but also still possible. I'd be driving and thankfully i have no worries at all if they run my info but I wonder if they get that far in the process they will just go ahead and run everyone in cars info? Or are there cases where it's just the driver that gets their info ran? Really just a total crap shoot i guess, i was hoping it would be latter case where it's mainly just the driver but from what i've been reading there is no real telling.

Quote Originally Posted by marcg View Post
    Ok yeah seems like a total gamble still but also still possible. I'd be driving and thankfully i have no worries at all if they run my info but I wonder if they get that far in the process they will just go ahead and run everyone in cars info? Or are there cases where it's just the driver that gets their info ran? Really just a total crap shoot i guess, i was hoping it would be latter case where it's mainly just the driver but from what i've been reading there is no real telling.

Everyone will get a passport stamp. How they decide to question you is a crap shoot. Some barely ask anything, some ask a lot. I wouldn't worry until you're asked to go to a second line. If you are asked and they find his dui, I assume that's his to deal with, but they could refuse him entry, then it's on the rest if you leave him to find his own way.

Does Canada actually put visa stamps in passports these days? I wish all countries would. It's cool having the record in an expired cancelled passport.

I’ve crossed into BC from WA and ID dozens of times in the last ten years; no passport stamps.

I heard a good one when heli skiing in Canada two week ago. Dude springs for heli skiing for him and his friend. They fly from LAX to Calgary and the dude get denied entry for a dui and put on the first plane back LAX. Friend gets a free week heli skiing, and the dude still had to pay for his week, no refund. On a side note, I've been hassled before when crossing the border in a car, but never when flying in and going through customs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I’ve crossed into BC from WA and ID dozens of times in the last ten years; no passport stamps.
    Huh...maybe it's only for fly in. Only my last trip ( i go a few times a year) first time I didn't get one.

I crossed from Id to Canada with the wife recently. Done it a few times in the past 5 years. We handed our passports to the border guard lady and she sent us through after looking. I was riding shotgun because of a 10+ y o DUI. I have read they give you a pass the 1st time you get caught because too many hunters and fishermen were cancelling their trips. Tell your friend to sit in the back right seat, STFU and practice saying where he is from and where he is going.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Tell your friend to sit in the back right seat, STFU and practice saying where he is from and where he is going.
    From coloradbro and going where I get a good price for my trunk full of weed!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I used to get pulled into secondary almost every time I crossed the border. No criminal record, no DUI, nothing. Just look guilty AF and pretty dirtbaggish. Then I get married and we haul our toddler across the border with us. Same dirtbaggery, same truck covered in stickers. Not even a second glance -- waved through every time now.

Get yourself a freaking kid.

Does anybody know the situation with controlled substance charges?

I got caught with some acid a few years ago, but got a hot attorney lady and the charges were dismissed. I should be good to go ? I could always get the record expunged as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Does anybody know the situation with controlled substance charges?

I got caught with some acid a few years ago, but got a hot attorney lady and the charges were dismissed. I should be good to go ? I could always get the record expunged as well.
    Any charge on your record makes it a gamble. They'll scan your passport, and there's a good chance they'll ask you a couple quick questions and let you through. But there's also a chance they'll hassle you and deny entry. Getting it expunged is the only sure thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

get the record expunged to ensure the best odds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.