1/27/05 - Kirkwood Sucked!!!

Ha, I'm using my reverse psychomology on you...and time shiftimication.

After dropping off the Jeep for a long due wallet raping, I headed out to the wood for some skiin'. I got there around 10:45 and was surprised at the total lack of people and fresh lines staring at me from all over. FKNA!!!

So I went up 10 and noticed the Nose looked $$$$. I hit up the little chute mid right of the nose and was greeted with some amazingly light snow. Not total blower, but still nice and dry. Hell yes. Ohhhh...Vista...it's calling me...

So off to chair 4 and a mad blast down the ridge. Damn, the untracked line I was eyeing just got bagged. Oh well...dropping. Yeahhhhhhh!!!!!! Some absolutely beautiful shin deep snow succumbed to the power of my Spatulas. Must get some more. On the way up, I noticed the tree huck seemed to be well covered and the landing filled in enough to not be completely flat. Was it time?

Now, this isn't the raddest line ever. So why was it still #1 on my list? I've now gone bigger and with better (less flat) landings. But this was on my list last year, and a certain hair raising lip splitting incident prevented me from bagging it. So this had sentimental value. The long ride up 4 and down the ridge almost pysched me out, but I pulled up to check it out anyway. Sharksteeth? Negatory. Launching pad? Affirmative. Landing? Not deep but decent. Should I or shoudn't I? Fuck it you pussy!!!! Well the shin deep pow yielded quickly and my knees met my chin. Talk about compression. But still I finally got to hit it. Check it off the list, and add a huge smile to my face.

Around this time I met up with Nick and we decided to hit the Saddle.

Me: Hey, have you ever hit Tremans?

Nick: No, what's that?

Me: Heh.

So Nick drops in and blasts out the bottom. Yeah! I was getting ready to drop when the voice in my head said, "Wait. It's not clear." So I went around the side and discover Nick yardsaled all over the place. Turns out the little bowl below Tremans was cut/bumped up and one of his XXX's blew up while he was maching out of the straightline. Just completely cracked right under the binding. Damn. Despite the loss of his ski, he was professing his love for this line. It just rules.

Well, the day was moving on so it was time to check out the Pali high t. I was greeted by the best turns of the day. Absolute hero mach fucking schnell shin deep pow was schralped non stop top to bottom lap after lap until it was time to go home. Admittely, the bottom had a rain/sun crust on it, but the upper 90% made it all worth the effort. When the last lift turned, there were still plenty of nearly fresh lines everywhere.

This weekend is gonna rule!

Edit: Fack! 1/27/05 NOT 2/27/05. Stupid fat fingers.
    Last edited by Arty50; 01-28-2005 at 03:02 AM.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

whoa
    skiing in the future

now that is extreme

hope you will have fun
    If carrots got you drunk; rabbits would be fucked up.

- Mitch Hedberg

Yeah, El Kabong: Next month was sooooo sick in Utah.

FKNA.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    When Arty50 said "Absolute hero mach fucking schnell" it must have meant that he reached a speed of 88 M.P.H. and/or generated 1.21 gigawatts of electrical power and/or arced around the sun at warp factor 10 and therefore can time travel!

Quote Originally Posted by Vets
    When Arty50 said "Absolute hero mach fucking schnell" it must have meant that he reached a speed of 88 M.P.H. and/or generated 1.21 gigawatts of electrical power and/or arced around the sun at warp factor 10 and therefore can time travel!
    While Arty's back in time, can you have him remind me not to forget my wallet at work?

....I hate Kirkwood....I feel really bad you had such an awful day. I have the flu and its super rad.

I'm not skiing there until they open the Cirque. My wife met with Tom Klien's (1/2 Kirkwood owner and also owns Rodney Strong Winery in Healdsberg) assistant to discuss advertising for the wine. I told her to pass the word to Tom to open the Cirque and that I will offer to pay the insurance.

Response: He said that Telski deals with the mountain operations and Tom Klien deals with the Real Estate. Damn, and I think Sony's founder's nephew owns Telski. I guess I need to go to Japan to get this thing open.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    On the way up, I noticed the tree huck seemed to be well covered and the landing filled in enough to not be completely flat. Was it time?
    what the / where the heck is the tree huck? damn, I don't even know this place anymore
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    what the / where the heck is the tree huck? damn, I don't even know this place anymore
    Hint: It's on Vista and you hit it in the comp 2 years ago. I really don't know what else to call it. I'm imaginative, no?
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    Hint: It's on Vista and you hit it in the comp 2 years ago. I really don't know what else to call it. I'm imaginative, no?
    How about " The Tyronne's Sphincter Puck Huck"?
    Last edited by irul&ublo; 01-28-2005 at 07:51 AM.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

While you're at it, can you report on how the conditions were for this year's summit?

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo
    How about " The Tyronne's Sphincter Puck Huck"?
    Not much time to pucker as Tyronne didn't even slow down.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark
    Not much time to pucker as Tyronne didn't even slow down.
    I was pre-puckered.

Gotcha Arty...tree huck...nice!
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    Dude, even I know what the tree huck is... I'm pretty sure you showed it to me.

glad you finally got that rock arty. Now you can stop perseverating about it.

hope you are out there right now. i imagine today as being a pretty damn good day with the new snow kirkwood has gotten over the past 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by lph
    glad you finally got that rock arty. Now you can stop perseverating about it.

hope you are out there right now. i imagine today as being a pretty damn good day with the new snow kirkwood has gotten over the past 3 days.

Hes out with Huckin Haskins, who by the way somehow talked AK into giving him some King salmons when he was at SIA.
    steezarific!!