Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SIA 2005 pics

www.skipass.com

I personally think the Rossi women's line is the most aesthetically stimulating of all their lines. Everything else is just so plain and uninspiring. I really like the Sid, but that's just 'cause I'm into that kind of weird styled stuff. I don't know what the rave is about the Volkl line. They're just black skis. They almost look like prototypes still. I guess minimalism isn't dead after all. As for the leather topsheet, Ride snowboards had a denim topsheet a few years back. It's been done. I'm betting that Salomon's graphics sell big in Japan, though the only one that suits me is the 1080 Gun simply for the color scheme. Looks to me like Head is taking notes on Volkl's graphics and adding lots of orange. 4frnt's MSP line is gorgeous. Totally represents freeriding to me. That's definitely my favorite with the Big Trouble taking second.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

The Sollys look good to me, the Gun line. Hate K2 graphics, always have. What is the deal with all the Oriental stuff, Volkl and Head? Rossi Bandit line is simple, Scratch line not too different, Rossi womens line, are they trying to NOT sell their skis.

Meats, have fun skiing the new Troublemakers, might as well wear your pink small fartbag too, and pierce your right ear.

Too much orange for Head, like em, but two years in a row, orange. And I dig the wood topsheets some are doing, love it. If I were to buy a board now, it would be an Arbor (not just cause it has the wood grain topsheet, lots of reasons).

Volkl just does not do it for me, but they are not bad on the eyes. Like the wood swallowtail, the logos are cool like MD9 said too.

Diggin 4 4ronts on the 3rd page and the MSP line is killer, Crichton too!

I think I just prefer a plain looking ski.

You know, Ho said it best and I will add to it:

powderwhore: Whats to get? They are graphics you look at them.
    Naw, not even to look at, to put in 2 feet of pow and just see white!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by joshbu

Maybe the extra premium is so you get your skis soon after you order them?

No, no...taking payment and not delivering is all the rage with new ski company's. Everybody's doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones
    In that respect, then you have to give props to K2 for not giving a fuck who they turn off.

I'm sure K2 did not design the skis with out a care to who does not like them. They have a target audience and I'm sure a lot of thought about what would drive sales best in that demographic went into the graphic design. They are a PUBLIC company they have to show sales growth each year such companies do not do things becasue of "not giving a fuck who they turn off".

Well, I figured the morrison stuff pretty much appeals to him alone...and his army of followers. If people want to ski his ski, then they can ski it. I think that was the one I'd had in mind when I said that, not so much for the PE and the Maiden and...

For me, I could really care less what graphics are on the topsheet and would rather the r and d of a ski go into making the best ski possible. I believe that's volkl's focus. There are lots of people out there with pretty skis that ski like shit. I love the volkl line and may just hold off on pulling the trigger on 0405 explosivs till I get some beta on the twin tip mantras. Perhaps a ski show purchase next fall. Minimalist is cool.

But where's the elans? m 777 or m 999?

I know we've all exchanged banter over the Volkl Sumo, but in that pic, it makes the Gotama look like a mid-fat! Gotta try that in some pow-pow!

My take on the show: Fuck the big companies. There are now a bunch of small companies out there making skis that are fucking awesome. Extrem, Ogasaka, Icelantic, Revolution, Ninthward, Kahuna Creations just to name a few (OK, the first two are big companies that are just new to the US). I didn't even really go in and look around the big companies' booths because I don't give a shit if the enemies have new graphics or blizzard thinks that a ~90mm ski is wide. Support the little guys, they're the real innovators.

Icelantic

Glad to hear somebody mention that name. I am riding a pair and every time I am up at bridger everyone looks at me real funny like, then I arc the fuck out of those little guys and people are surprised. A guy I know pretty well actually started that company. I am not sure if anybody around here knows Ben but he is a good guy, and he has a vision.
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

Icelantic makes the A/T skiboards, right?

miniature skiing skis or something like that?

Elan Mantis 999 info to be found here:
    http://www.blombergsports.no/hoved/n...e_mseries.html
    "I smell varmint puntang."

Icelantic

yeah, they are dubbed AT boards. For now they are real small but it when I was home over x-mas I got a chance to talk to ben and it sounded like next year he would be making more of a line, like up to a 170 or so.
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

The new Naxos Lou Dawson has posted on his site look sweet. Also a comment about the exchange rate jacking up the price of imported gear next year.

http://www.wildsnow.com/

I want that. I don't give a crap about the weight. I've twice gone insta-tele in my Freerides....From Lou's site:

The new Naxo NX-21 is a beefed out version of the regular Naxo. It cranks up to DIN 13, has beefed rails so it's less sloppy, a strong cocking lever, and much more. The coolest feature in my view is an extra downhill skiing lock that insures the binding will NEVER inadvertently switch into tour mode, (otherwise known as "insta-tele"), while downhill skiing.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

anything about sollys freeride lineup at sia? heard something about a 1080 lab ski, but what about ak rockets/burning hots/ big mtn sticks???
    also anything from fischer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    The new Naxos Lou Dawson has posted on his site look sweet. Also a comment about the exchange rate jacking up the price of imported gear next year.

http://www.wildsnow.com/
    I have spent many many minutes fondling this thing at OR and it looks bomb-diggety. Hopefully it has addressed all the issues of breakage that the Naxo experiences.

Also, Scarpa has a new boot called the "Tornado" that's their answer to the Adrenaline. PIIIIMMPP!!!
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    I want that. I don't give a crap about the weight. I've twice gone insta-tele in my Freerides....From Lou's site:

I have NEVER had this happen. What size air were you dropping? What causes it?
    "Girl, let us freak."

Quote Originally Posted by vinnay
    anything about sollys freeride lineup at sia? heard something about a 1080 lab ski, but what about ak rockets/burning hots/ big mtn sticks???
    also anything from fischer?
    Why don't you just read the thread from bossass? It covers ALL of this.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=24072
    Last edited by BakerBoy; 01-30-2005 at 05:33 PM.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Yeah thanks BB, Bossass' post was helpful.
    still like to see those fischers but they sound awesome. also still havent heard anything about sollys big mtn sticks. a PR lab, the 1080 series... that it? no swallow or rocket models?

Quote Originally Posted by hop

Also, Scarpa has a new boot called the "Tornado" that's their answer to the Adrenaline. PIIIIMMPP!!!
    Sweet! Does it have a swapable sole as well or is it virbarm?

Also a comment about the exchange rate jacking up the price of imported gear next year.
    an opertunity for PM Gear to start making AT bindings?
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Nails
    I have NEVER had this happen. What size air were you dropping? What causes it?
    wasn't dropping anything...but was making semi-jump turns on steep ice with a very very soft ski. other's have posted about this problem in tech talk before. should be more info if you search TT for freeride+release or +tele or something.

laser -- nice thought, but we obviously have our hands full with skis for now.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

^damn thats what I thought
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    Sweet! Does it have a swapable sole as well or is it virbarm?
    yep, swappable sole. The hiking sole isn't all that aggro but would do the trick for most non-super-technical applications. The hard DIN sole is...hard DIN. When in walk mode the cuff goes waaaay past vertical. Should make for easy hiking! Oh, not available until December.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

evrybody i know that has gone insta-tele on freerides are riding softer flexing skiis. never heard of this happening w/ stiffer skiis. i ski'em in all sorts of variable conditions on explosivs and tua crossride 110's and have never had that happen.