AK early season haines vid.

early season trip flying private plane right out of Aspen colorado to Haines AK! ended up being first. opening the range. which was sick, but has it drawbacks of not being able to get on the sickest shit ever. still fuckin sick tho!

Sweet! Wanna go to AK so much right now... Lucky I got a ticket that says 14 march :-)

Muthafuckinsick
    Dollar sign that bitch.

jwade supporter!!

be nice to girls and leave some snow for the rest of us up there!

Very nice!!

TBM's are a nice ride, you definitely traveled in style. Was that Jason's plane?

Yeah Buddy!!!! way to get your shred on.

Nice to see Tripp get in on the action too.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Pretty sick. Thoug not as sick as if id been there. But still really sick.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

That is strong stuff. I life well lived. GSA approved.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

That was awesome!

Awesome terrain and skiing! Looked like a ton of fun!

Gotta say though, not a fan of how it was edited. The speedups (the first line even seemed sped up?) and choppyness made it really hard to follow what was being skied, and the skiing definitely lost some fluidity and flow that I know was in there. I guess it was done to match up with the music, but meh...

Dug your other edit from NW trip, too. Great stuff, and awesome vibe!
    Last edited by Lindahl; 03-08-2012 at 01:46 PM.

A few of those pillows lines really reminded me of creek boating. It looked like you were just reacting but making all the right moves. Great looking skiing all around.
    I can't believe you are a rando racer because I look so much better in Lycra than you.

People who don't think the Earth is flat haven't skied Vail.

I Haines in February. Getting there before the copter worked out perfect. A big advantage of the plane... we all brought our touring rigs along, though that was Trekkers for Colt. For a trip that was put together less than 72 hours before takeoff, it came off well.
    Lucky Thirteen!

colttourontrekkers

jwadesmackbitches

Solid skiing. That was a damn close call with that tree landing towards the beginning. Weezy F. Baby on the tunes to some shreddin' is rather interesting too.'

Excellent convenience spam post for sure!

thanks bros! Lindahl. I really appreciate the critical review on the editing. I dont like doing that shit either, your right tho, its mostly to get the footage into the edit while keeping the whole thing the right lenght for the song. plus its already 4 mins long or something, and ppls attention spans aren't that long.

but I'll take that into consideration that people don't like it that much, cuz i dont either. I'll try to do something else to keep the flow going. thanks for the posts fellas!

Nice. That did not suck at all.

Just made the move to Juneau and stoked to be here. Also stoked on the heli trip with AK Powder Descents the hubby got me for v-day. This video just upped my stoke meter 1,000 times! FKNA.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Nice, that was rad. How do you like those skis? I'm gonna have to get me some next year...
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

That was totally rad. Thanks for posting!

The sequence was sleded, toured Old Faithful, built kickers. Spent a few days with Sunny opening days. Hoar event, then it snowed a shitload but we were able to tour with Bsquared on Lutak in the middle of it. Re-acquire, eek out some flat light days, and explore a little further out. Then finally get a sunny last day at the end where the bulk of the edit comes from. In which were skied fun Alta-esque sub-Emmerick, Pablo Escobar (BB roped for the ski cut), WTF couloir, a couple laps in What's What so Colt could do the multi-hit runs, and then a fun last run down Editors all the way to the valley. Things were out of sequence in the vid, plus no imagery from night skiing in Haines, but at least from my perspective there was some sense of a narrative flow which I liked.
    Lucky Thirteen!

YB? seems like JG. ha. dont tell everyone the inside secrets man.... ha.

@powder prophet, the influence 115s or the polard opus? they're both black and I'm on them about 50 50. but I love them both. I think i like the Opus a bit more, but jsut cuz it fits my style a bit better. its a bit softer and more playful while the influince 115 (all black with yellow sticker) is a bit stiffer and more of a GUN. you should def get yourself a pair of whichever one is up your alley. they both rock. see you soon AK!

Great vid and way to get after it...! And god only knows this vid wants me to get to AK even more...! And def stoked to see the Opus getting after it... Ordered a pair of 192 for next season... Have all big charging skis and was looking for a fun, slashy ski that still gets after it and this video appears to prove my purchase...!