Whistler lift tix deals--anyone know of any?

I know the Squamish 7-11 used to have something, and I guess the Shell 2 for 1 deal is gone--so anything else good? Any leads much appreciated...
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    I know the Squamish 7-11 used to have something, and I guess the Shell 2 for 1 deal is gone--so anything else good? Any leads much appreciated...
    PM JONGSINWHISTLER. He's got all the hook-ups dialed!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I have a great deal but it's only available for a little while.

A friend's son effed his knee so he can't ski, so the voucher they bought (5 of 6 days), has to be cashed in for a ticket before Friday, as he didn't get trip insurance, and they're leaving Whistler early Saturday (there's a name on the voucher, but not on the ticket you get after you give up the voucher).

So, if you want a 5 of 6 day pass for $300, that will ONLY be for 6 days total starting this Thursday or Friday, send a note. Quickly.

This'll also be posted on Gear swap.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    You can do the edge card and on line. Not super cheap but a break..... pretty convenient to use.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Jongsinwhistler only said to get lost, beater, nothing about lift tix.

Not there until the 25th, so the five of six day won't work--sorry about the kid's knee.

I know about the Edge Card, but was hoping to do better.

Thanks...
    [quote][//quote]

yeah i've been playing the shell 2-1 for years, bummed that it's not in effect this year.
    Heading up on the 23rd, and my only plan so far is the 25 off for being a squaw passholder.

The only way better than Edge is "friends and family". Know anyone who works on the hill, including mountain hosts, safety nazi's that'll sponsor you?

Anybody with a pass can get you a "friend" discount which is $83 for an adult ticket. That's a little better than the $96 ticket (plus HST of course).
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

With the passing of the GSA from the hallowed ground of Whistler-Blackcomb, why even bother? There is nothing left...

I guess there's really nothing decent anymore. So friends/family beats Edge, I guess?

Does 7-11 still have those discounts, or are those long gone?

Any chance the Canuck Dollar will crater in the next few weeks? Was nice when it was 70% of the USD.
    [quote][//quote]

I thought 7-11 still had them for $78

But I think edge card is a better deal than 7-11, it's like $71 a ticket effectively, no?

I don't know. According to this, Edge isn't quite as good:
    Quote Originally Posted by bite me View Post
    The only way better than Edge is "friends and family". Know anyone who works on the hill, including mountain hosts, safety nazi's that'll sponsor you?
    I'm sure I can look this up, somewhere. Still hoping there is some other better deal lurking out there.
    [quote][//quote]

7-11 is 88 bucks
    Friends and family (w/pass) is 81 bucks
    If you know mountain workers, you can often get a decent deal, but the worker only gets a certain number of perks.

I would check Vancouver Craigslist if you're trying to find anything better, and they are running 65-80 bucks.

7-11 deal is still a go. Bought some tickets two weeks ago.
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

Are New Yawka's allowed to have Edge cards? I thought they charge you guys twice as much!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Why did shell disgorge whistler and washington? What did we do wrong... why can't we just talk about it like adults? There is nothing down here now. Without corporate oil's bait... we are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    I would check Vancouver Craigslist if you're trying to find anything better, and they are running 65-80 bucks.
    Yup, doing that. Damn, I wish the Shell deal were still around.
    [quote][//quote]