Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Beaucoup work at the shore. There's a shit ton of remodeling that needs attending to.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by HansJob View Post
    Beaucoup work at the shore. There's a shit ton of remodeling that needs attending to.
    Yeah, only problem is my fucked up hand. Unfortunately I think I may be out of the construction game until I get my shit thumb fused.

Any leads anywhere in north or central NJ? I am working with a bunch of tweakers right now and its getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by nfaust View Post
    Any particular industry? I don't know of any specific openings, but have you tried any of the big medical guys in the area? Stryker, J&J, Colgate, Merck, etc? There's also Picatinny-Arsennal in Morris County that might be worth looking into.
    These companies are difficult to get into or I'd already be there. That being said, manufacturing experience (work your way up to supervisory level) can be transferrable to ValleyLab/Covidien with plants in COlorado and B-D which has plants in Utah. Good luck.

Shitshow you should apply for disability. You should start the process ASAP because it usually takes a few months. Then find a job that will pay you under the table. You gotta get creative dood.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    Shitshow you should apply for disability. You should start the process ASAP because it usually takes a few months. Then find a job that will pay you under the table. You gotta get creative dood.
    Right...cause the tax payers don't have enough freeloaders to support. That mindset is taking us nowhere but the sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    Ummmmm, no. If only actual disabled people filed then the system might not be quite so broken.

Don't get me started on all the "disabled" people you see in line at walmart scooting their lard bag of a body around on government power scooters to buy another 25,000 calories of sugar slop.

Get off that high horse shitshow. You can't afford to be on it.

Looks like I am gonna be at my current position/salary for longer than expected. Anyone know of weekend labor work for cash?

I have a truck and all the tools etc.

Painting, landscaping, fencing, etc.

You have two years to find some specialty (outside the impoverished ski industry) that you can do remotely. I'd focus on that. You're young, do it at nights. Hell, you could get a law degree in less time. There are other threads here that talk about it and people have really good careers in ski towns with lots of freedom. The distinction is that it's folks with these careers who then gravitate towards ski towns, not ski town schmucks who gravitate towards these jobs.

Shotshow have you applied for disability yet? If you haven't better get on it because it's probably gonna take longer then a few months.