Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Wait, what?
    Yes. Tell us more. Like where and can we stop by to judge the results?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Wait, what?
    It's a job that involves being outside in the sun, drinking beer and eating smoked food all day. Oh yeah, and not working in winter. 😎

Jesus Christ, tell me more, master.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hot price on a apparently decent egg knock off

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XO...yHL&ref=plSrch
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Hot price on a apparently decent egg knock off

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XO...yHL&ref=plSrch
    I think costco had them for just over $500, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    I think costco had them for just over $500, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    You're correct, picked mine up for 500 last month. Can't really go wrong for that price. The top vent is kinda jank, and I wish it had a two piece heat deflector like my buddy's Kamado Joe. But whatever, I can peg 225 just fine and get good smoke going.

Sent from my XT1575 using TGR Forums mobile app
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Costco Road show will also be in CO Springs through the end of the month, I am hearing $970 for a Kamado Joe Classic II, including nest, grate lifter, heat deflector & side tables.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Costco Road show will also be in CO Springs through the end of the month, I am hearing $970 for a Kamado Joe Classic II, including nest, grate lifter, heat deflector & side tables.
    You are correct... Kamado Joe was at my local Costco 2 weeks ago and I was really impressed... So much so I ordered the Big Joe for $1400 with all of the same accessories... I love my Large Egg and have been eyeing the XL, but the Big Joe was a smoking deal at Costco and there are some features that I really really liked over the Eg...

Working my shoulders this weekend.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

^^^ Same here. Got a nice shoulder going on Saturday evening for a 2:00ish kickoff sunday afternoon.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    You are correct... Kamado Joe was at my local Costco 2 weeks ago and I was really impressed... So much so I ordered the Big Joe for $1400 with all of the same accessories... I love my Large Egg and have been eyeing the XL, but the Big Joe was a smoking deal at Costco and there are some features that I really really liked over the Eg...
    Does anyone know if you can find out when / where they will be? It's a 2.5 hr drive for me to get to costco, but I've been eyeing a Joe for a while and don't want to miss it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Does anyone know if you can find out when / where they will be? It's a 2.5 hr drive for me to get to costco, but I've been eyeing a Joe for a while and don't want to miss it.

Search JONG

https://m.costco.com/kamado-joe-schedule.html

Went with some basic chicken quarters tonight. About to pull em.

^^^ Same here. Got a nice shoulder going on Saturday evening for a 2:00ish kickoff sunday afternoon.
    holy shit are we playing football already?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Went with some basic chicken quarters tonight. About to pull em.

Damn, that's looking good right there!

Pro tip, toss a piece of foil on the plate setter before you get cooking. Makes cleanup easy.

Damn, that's looking good right there!

Pro tip, toss a piece of foil on the plate setter before you get cooking. Makes cleanup easy.
    Thanks! They were delicious!

Used to foil the plate setter. Noticed the foil deteriorating. Figured that can't be good for you. I clean scrape the plate setter after use and brush before use. Every few cooks I burn off the egg. Every open until it burns off. That burns off any remaining shit. Clean grill!

I need to do that soon. I haven't done a real hot cook like that in a good while and I've definitely accumulated some crud in there.

Or use a drip tray. Deep dish pizza pan FTW. Line it with foil for easy cleanup. Put it on a cake cooling rack so your water doesn't boil on the hot plate setter. Or you could buy a Joe which comes with a rack for the drip tray.

I need to do that soon. I haven't done a real hot cook like that in a good while and I've definitely accumulated some crud in there.
    Sounds like an excuse to get it up to 800 degrees and sear some steaks or pizza! Come to think of it, my Akorn Kamado is getting a little grungy...
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

2 racks of St Louis ribs and getting ready to foil them... Tomorrow pork belly burnt ends...

Plus got a new toy to go along with my Egg... Smash burgers are off the hook with the flat top...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post

2 racks of St Louis ribs and getting ready to foil them... Tomorrow pork belly burnt ends...

Plus got a new toy to go along with my Egg... Smash burgers are off the hook with the flat top...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Flat top Nice addition ! I need one for sure to add to my Egg/outdoor kitchen :-)

I want bbq

Burger stoke. 60% ground beef brisket, 40% ground pork, bacon, cheddar, onion and always a runny Egg :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bring me

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler View Post
    Burger stoke. 60% ground beef brisket, 40% ground pork, bacon, cheddar, onion and always a runny Egg :-)
    Well played!

Whole Foods has a butchers blend burger that's about the same combo but with ground beef not pork.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums