Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1020
    Ribeye roast for the game - go Bills!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1604259291.057564.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	345899

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Reverse seat...? Nicely done and I had the Eggs cooking this weekend...!

375 to 120 internal, then 30 min rest

I just bought Pegleg's big green (knockoff) egg. New to all this, but hope for some tips on how to use (and make the most of) this thing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Nice! You're gonna love it, Danno. If it didn't come with one, then you're gonna want to ask for a pit controller for Christmas. Makes so many recipes seem effortless when you don't have to futz about with the pit temp during the cook.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Nice! You're gonna love it, Danno. If it didn't come with one, then you're gonna want to ask for a pit controller for Christmas. Makes so many recipes seem effortless when you don't have to futz about with the pit temp during the cook.
    pit controller, is that the party q? Because he sold me that too.

the only thing he said I would want to go get was a special thermometer, for the meat and ambient temp inside the egg. Haven't started looking at that yet. First thing I need to do is to use it as a charcoal grill so my wife will be convinced to get rid of the Weber.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yessir. The party q should be a great solution for pit temp control. Then you just grab a thermometer that has a probe to measure the pit temp and another, longer probe to measure the meat temp. I have an older Maverick redi chek and a newer kitchenaid that both do the job just fine and both have wireless displays that I can bring into the house to leave in the kitchen so I can check the temps without going out to the pit.

Bone in skin on chicken thighs make a great first cook cuz they only take 2 or 3 hours and are fairly forgiving. I do mine at 275 for 3h and they come out nice and tender.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Ribeye roast for the game - go Bills!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1604259291.057564.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	345899

FUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

A few pages back I asked for advice on sizes, went with the Large. Just finished the table, gotta get the egg put together and and can start cooking. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4126.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	352542

Did you build the table or buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Built it

Nice. Stone top? Got any links to building or did you do it yourself? I’m not really handy but have a friend with an awesome tool set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concrete counter...I didn’t really follow any plans but there’s plenty out there. The BGE site has dimensions to help and YouTube is your friend

Here is a picture of a table I built which is very similar to the one above. I have a full set of plans for this table, PM me if you want a copy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3624.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	352582
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Done some ribs
    Name:  20210516_180726-01.jpeg
Views: 265
Size:  104.9 KB

Joined TGR BBQ team by buying a Kamado. Noob with this proper BBQ stuff, this thread was excellent for getting up to speed. Yet, few questions remain.

- When getting the grill going and up to speed, do you keep the lid open, the top vent open or what? And at what point do you put in the convector?

- With the reverse sear, how do you manage the temps as you first sear it with really hot and then start to dump the temps? Just close the lid(s) or what?

- Any good recipes for Burned ends / Adobos? Gonna start with the cheapest meats (ribs+pork belly) as I am bound to fuck things up.

- Aandd: Veggie//Side recipes would also be appreciated.

Thx in advance!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

I get a good healthy fire going before adding the plate setter. Then I'll close the lid and open the vents all the way to start heating up the inside taking care not to let the temp climb too high as it is much easier to heat the ceramic up than it is to cool it down. It usually takes me about 30m to get up to a nice stable smoking temp.

You've got the reverse sear backwards. Start at lower temp and bake the steak until the internal temp begins to rise then finish by searing over high heat. The old skool way was to sear first then finish in the oven but that produces a large temp gradient between the center and the outside of a thick steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    You've got the reverse sear backwards. Start at lower temp and bake the steak until the internal temp begins to rise then finish by searing over high heat. The old skool way was to sear first then finish in the oven but that produces a large temp gradient between the center and the outside of a thick steak.
    Thx and my bad, confused this TRex stuff with reverse sear. Here they do it with pushing the Egg to 750, searing, then letting the meat rest for 20mins...while they get the eggs temp down to 400.... this got me confused how it is actually doable..

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/trexsteak.htm

Can I get some Big Green Egg stoke please?

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Joined TGR BBQ team by buying a Kamado. Noob with this proper BBQ stuff, this thread was excellent for getting up to speed. Yet, few questions remain.

- When getting the grill going and up to speed, do you keep the lid open, the top vent open or what? And at what point do you put in the convector?

- With the reverse sear, how do you manage the temps as you first sear it with really hot and then start to dump the temps? Just close the lid(s) or what?

- Any good recipes for Burned ends / Adobos? Gonna start with the cheapest meats (ribs+pork belly) as I am bound to fuck things up.

- Aandd: Veggie//Side recipes would also be appreciated.

Thx in advance!
    Here are my responses to your questions…:

If you are using a convector plate you are going low and slow - I start off with it in and bring it up slowly as it is a bitch to bring the temp down on a Kamado…. It takes time to learn the venting but trust me less is more…. When I am going low and slow it usually takes about 45 to 50 minutes to get clear smoke and 250ish degrees…. YouTube will be your friend…

Reverse seat - put the convector n and get the Joe to 300 degrees…. Pull the meat at 110 degrees and set on a plate lightly tented with foil…. Pull the convector off and get to 500 plus degrees and put meat back on and cooked to desired temps to get the sear…. YouTube is your friend…

Burnt ends - brisket is the hardest meat to cook…. Start with pork butt and get that dialed in…. Pork belly burnt ends are killer and much easier to make…. Again, YouTube is your friend…. Look up Aaron Franklin on YouTube and he will walk you through all of the popular meat cuts and his instructions are spot on…

Good luck and welcome to the club…. I have a XXL and Large Egg and just bought a Kamado Joe Jr and cook every week on them…. Everything that comes off of them are fantastic…. Like I said a couple of times search YouTube as it is a wealth of info…

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Here are my responses to your questions…