Thread: Jay Peak

Jay Peak

Trying to move near Jay, VT this summer/next season so I can be near some better hiking and skiing.
    Have a Bachelor's in Business Administration with management, 1 year insurance sales, 5 years ski sales, management, warehouse work, and forklift(stand on electric and sit in propane). Skilled in the basic MS stuff: word, excel, some outlook. Willing to do a number of things as long as the pay is there and (the hard part) I can spend some time skiing.

Just thought someone here might know some good places to start looking.

I'm always keeping an eye on Jay Peak's employment page, CL, and monster.com, but I'm thinking there's much more out there.

Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    is there a specific reason that you're choosing jay? Probably more opportunities out west but wasn't sure if that is an option.

Isn't Louis Garneau in Newport? Bogner used to have something in the area too I think.

Otherwise try Fairbanks scales, the place in Lyndonville that makes reactive armor for tanks, Bag Balm, Hardwick's booming meth industry, Cabot cheese, various colleges (Lyndon, Johnson, etc) etc (note: it's been a while since I've spent significant time in the NEK, a lot of these might be closed).

How does one get a border crossing guard job? That could have very ski friendly hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

thanks for the suggestions Gman and dumpy.

dumpy: I think you have to work in the tough areas (aka mexi border) to 'pay your dues' then get chances to switch stations after so much time of service.

Gman: was checking out the Jay area because I have family right near Burke Mountain and so I'd be less than 2 hours from people I already knew. O, but really, just because its supposed to have the best powder in the northeast.

If you have suggestions for anywhere, I'd be open to them.

In the same boat as you I think. Recent graduate trying to make something of skiing. East Coast ripper as well, Jay would be a great place to settle for a while as it IS the best skiing on the East. Best of luck, craigslist usually has some local job postings...

Burke >Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Burke >Jay
    shhhhhhhh
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com