Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Doesn't it seem like the constant story from VW Audi Mercedes etc is "well, a few years ago they weren't that good but they're really reliable now" - - and yet that story never changes, it's just a different generation of car models still falling apart with electrical gremlins and over engineered designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Beer Drinkers comment on making money going to auctions and buying German is no joke.

Also- I thought Bentley was British? Aer they owned by VW now?
    The Flying Spur is basically a really nice A8L W12.

They are sick though.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Doesn't it seem like the constant story from VW Audi Mercedes etc is "well, a few years ago they weren't that good but they're really reliable now" - - and yet that story never changes, it's just a different generation of car models still falling apart with electrical gremlins and over engineered designs.
    I've been around quite a few BMWs. My take is that the golden age of BMWs were the e39's right around 2000-2003. After that and the addition of the I drive system and about 100 extra computers they suck.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

A3 TDI, Q5 or A4 wagon?

Never mind I saw the photo credit just now
    Last edited by steepconcrete; 11-29-2015 at 06:51 PM.

My a4 went 100k w/o a repair but feels old all of a sudden. Been driving the SO's newer a3 -- great car but a little small for a family. Depends what your needs are. Wish it was a new a4 wagon.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    An extremely prescient question. Unadulterated bullshit.
    So that was you that posted this?
    http://jalopnik.com/of-course-this-a...-is-1733403658

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I've always wanted a little diesel. I just remembered the question asked three years ago by the OP. Kind of funny looking back. I think we mostly answered it wrong but with good intentions. Hindsight.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 11-30-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I've always wanted a little diesel. I just remembered the question asked three years ago by the OP. Kind if funny looking back. I think we mostly answered it wrong but with good intentions. Hindsight.
    I too want a little diesel. With this issue, I bet one could pick one up for cheap, pre fix, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I too want a little diesel. With this issue, I bet one could pick one up for cheap, pre fix, of course.
    It is worth a risk/reward analysis for sure. A lot of unknown is built into that discount on 2008+ models. If one thinks they know how this plays out then they could definitely try to take advantage of the situation.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    2012 A4 Avant S-Line 2.0T here. 83k miles. Second owner. First owner was an old white lady who had 100% of the service done by audi and probably never went over 70mph. I have the certified pre owned warranty to 100k miles.

So far almost zero issues. One minor fuel system hiccup that they fixed under warranty in 2 hours.

All I do is basic stuff. Oil changes every 5k, rotate tires, etc.

Was starting rough last week and I put fuel system cleaner in and that went away.

Audi recommends changing the timing belt at 110k. Seems crazy long to me.

As I approach 100k what should I be proactively servicing?

Fucking love this car. Last year of the avant. Would like to keep it for at least another year or so.

I would not wait until 110kto do the timing belt. Mine is a 110k change also and I did it at 80k. How is the water pump in those cars? If not so good, do the water pump and the timing belt at the same time. When do you do plugs? In my car I did the plugs and coil packs at about 100k. Have you done the fuel filter? Flushed the transmission fluid? Just google the service interval chart on it and give it the once over. Visit the Audi boards and see what they recommend.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Weird to see this thread pop up - seems so long ago, but truly 2012 isn't all that long ago at all. I've had two Allroads since that post. Love the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    2012 A4 Avant S-Line 2.0T here. 83k miles. Second owner. First owner was an old white lady who had 100% of the service done by audi and probably never went over 70mph. I have the certified pre owned warranty to 100k miles.

So far almost zero issues. One minor fuel system hiccup that they fixed under warranty in 2 hours.

All I do is basic stuff. Oil changes every 5k, rotate tires, etc.

Was starting rough last week and I put fuel system cleaner in and that went away.

Audi recommends changing the timing belt at 110k. Seems crazy long to me.

As I approach 100k what should I be proactively servicing?

Fucking love this car. Last year of the avant. Would like to keep it for at least another year or so.
    You're in NJ right? Talk to Aldo, he owns a kickass repair shop near you and has a thing for Audis.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    You're in NJ right? Talk to Aldo, he owns a kickass repair shop near you and has a thing for Audis.
    Very cool. Yes, I am in the dirty zone. Will PM him. Thanks.

Yeah Aldo's the guy you want.

You can get a good deal on TDIs now.

However, you are taking a chance since VW hasn't announced a fix which may reduce power, MPG, etc.

Golf Alltrack coming this fall...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.