Thread: Steamboat mags

Steamboat mags

So I'm up here doing a PSIA clinic and thinking about staying and freeskiing on Friday. Anybody care to join me, anybody w gear? I'd like to go out fish creek, haven't been in a long time.

I consider it one of the relatively safer packs around, but stil have a few questions from those that have been skiing it this year. Send me a pm if you rather.

...how deep is the pack?
    ...how much depth hoar at the bottom
    ...has there been slide activity

Okthanks, answer me back if you want to ski Friday.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Lot's of slide activity in FC, biggest I've seen in 25 years. I would be very selective in your route choice.. hang fire, and some lines have yet to slide. PM me if you want more info, not sure of my plans for Friday.

I had planned to have a read this morning, just wanted to quickly get out a heads up for partners. Yesterday was really long. And I just found out late that you guys got like 40" last week? Couldn't tell from the way it was skiing inbounds, but PSIA will take you onto the worst snow I guess.

So thanks guys for info, exactly what I wondered. What a year.

Might as well go home as pay for a lift ticket here.

The Colorado Avalanche Information Center is issuing an avalanche watch for the Steamboat and Flat Tops zone this afternoon. A strong winter storm is forecast to arrive Wednesday night bringing significant new snow and strong winds to the zone. Numerous natural avalanches have been reported over the last week and the incoming storm will only increase the avalanche danger.
    An avalanche watch means that natural avalanche activity would increase if the forecast wind and new snow verify. The snow and wind forecast, if it verifies, would increase the watch to an Avalanche Warning by Thursday morning. At an Avalanche Warning natural avalanche activity would be likely and human triggered avalanches would become very likely.
    Last edited by SheRa; 03-01-2012 at 05:36 AM.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau