Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    Possibly my last post here on this thread (or close to it.) I feel I have built up a blueprint for the future of skiing... well at least for me. It's been great having the thread going so long as it has helped me clarify much of my thinking (and build a vision.) Thank you.

Heartcarving Light Pow (15:08)

Dedicated to TGR and the people who have shared the journey.
    You've seen your own videos, right? WTF, it's light pow, you're skiing really slowly, yet every single track you cross seems to toss you off balance.

Diagnosis: your blades are too short
    Cure: toss the snowblades, buy skis
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

I clicked for the rad heart carving, but stayed for the soundtrack!!

15:09 ? really? Anyone got a synopsis of this latest movie? Maybe a few frames that are not to miss. Thanks in advance.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Possibly my last post here on this thread (or close to it.) I feel I have built up a blueprint for the future of skiing... well at least for me. It's been great having the thread going so long as it has helped me clarify much of my thinking (and build a vision.) Thank you.

Dedicated to TGR and the people who have shared the journey.
    Don't you even think of leaving. The movement has just begun and your bailing? I say keep this alive until Heart Carve becomes an Olympic sport or at least a Mtn Dew commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Don't you even think of leaving. The movement has just begun and your bailing? I say keep this alive until Heart Carve becomes an Olympic sport or at least a Mtn Dew commercial.

hmm, I'll definitely be back soon if there's a big dumping here. Cheers.
    http://heartcarve.com -- session progression

Possibly my last post here on this thread (or close to it.) I feel I have built up a blueprint for the future of skiing... well at least for me. It's been great having the thread going so long as it has helped me clarify much of my thinking (and build a vision.) Thank you. Dedicated to TGR and the people who have shared the journey.
    WHAT? Over? Did you say over?!?!

woa that's some seriouly dizzying footage.
    takes some dedication to capture every turn...
    and some self- heart fer sure.
    keep up the great work!

Buckethead - amazing, amazing avatar. She just needs a little lipstick!

Anyhow, didn't catch any further pow - but the skis are with a rider in Austria who'll take them into the park, and hold onto them in case of pow. I updated the FAQ yesterday too and uploaded 4 more vids since the last one. I found the skis overall to be superb in powder. I would've liked some deeper stuff, but the real kicker for me was I could take my banked over turns into the pow and there was little if no technique adaptation needed. I'd really like to talk with other ski makers out there... this design is the future for sure.

that is the beauty of present day ski
    technology. i skiied my praxis BCs the other day
    on a very mixed bag sort of day conditions-wise.
    i essentially skiied them the same way on groomers, chopped up fresh,
    untracked and even breakable crust.
    i use ski poles so won't say i was heart-carving
    though my heart was in it indeed - but rejoice:
    THE FUTURE OF SKIING: IT IS HERE. NOW. AMEN!

Anyhow, didn't catch any further pow - but the skis are with a rider in Austria who'll take them into the park, and hold onto them in case of pow. I updated the FAQ yesterday too and uploaded 4 more vids since the last one. I found the skis overall to be superb in powder.
    Have you tried some real skis? I'm serious about this, the snow you skiied (sorry- heartcarved) in that last video would be sooooooo much fun on a longer wide ski that you'll throw your heartcarves in the garbage can (and you'll even be able to put the lid on it).

Okay, I watched 50 seconds of your bad skiing. The fact that my 7 yr old daughter can out ski you, and that you are supposed to be a grown man skiing on kids skis, should be a touch embarrassing. However, here is a couple words of advice.

Don't do heroin and ski.

Ditch the kid's skis and maybe get some intermediate women's skis you would go a little faster then a crawl.

Stop filming yourself with your "pole cam" and go skiing.

Take a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    Have you tried some real skis?
    If I answer the question, does that mean I'm tacitly admitting I'm not on real skis? I've never skied on the fat powder boards you're probably referring. Then again I've never seen people turn quite the way I want to... I want to slow it down and do more turns and feel more. Not much point getting into an argument at this point as I know it'll turn into a long tirade that gets nowhere as people start picking off little things I say, so I'll stop and enjoy the music. Thanks.

How do they tour?

Quote Originally Posted by ianjk View Post
    How do they tour?
    Probably very well, but I'm not 100% as I've never tried it: they're light (1.5kg each no binding), maneuverable and have a large surface area for their length and are well balanced. They also cut through the deep snow well up/down, forward/back. Someone on NS mentioned touring on skiboards and there's a video of a guy doing it.

Why can't I watch your videos on an iPad?
    I can read the Bible on iPad, but not watch heartcarving?

I guess it is time I get some ideas out....

You are a decent skier, by self admission not too core about it (no problem there), but if you are doing this casually why all the investment in innovation? Why get custom ski boards for a few weekends in St. Anton or wherever?

DUDE...... ditch the pole cam. You have a overactive upper body as it is, add a few meters to that and it is just dizzying. We can see very little of your technique. Do you not have a friend that can film a few turns for you? Also, edit edit edit edit edit edit your videos. No one cares to see your walking through flat pow. From a marketing standpoint, just get to it already. 15 mins?!? No one will watch that.

I get it you are not trying to mach down through crud and be all badass, but is it really that much fun to get bucked around on those short boards? Yeah they float fine, and turn great, but jesus a rocking horse is a lot easier on the knees for the same exact feel.

There is no way that these are the future. Get over it.

Why are you bringing so much attention to yourself? Are you trying to turn a profit on these?

I could see them being useful training tools for intermediate skiers who need to learn how to extend, keep shoulder square, and stay forward/balanced. But they are still an expensive novelty.

I am glad you have found a new spark in your skiing, but why do you think you are so important and original? Why dont you just take a step back, stop looking for input/critique/sponsors, and enjoy the sport?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and why the private videos? Not so stoked to show off anymore?
    "The top of the mountain is just the start of the journey." - favorite mentor in skiing and life

Son-of-Pbville - great points. The original Future of Skiing vid clocked 5030 views. It got around 5 upvotes and 18 downvotes before I shutdown voting and comments. This is understandable to a point, and it's offline because it doesn't represent where I am now. You can't attack what is meant to be nurtured. I may put it back up further into the future for a nostalgic chuckle. (edit: I just did)

But that video was all about Research and Development. Nothing more. My more recent vids (you can see a list of my vids here) is further down in the evolutionary process. Views and upvotes are really not that important to me. What is important is the advancement of skiing and right now this depends on spiritual growth in my view. I suggest you read the FAQ.

I think I can contribute to skiing, so that's what I'm doing. It's about prophecy, not profiteering.

On the pow side you're getting more people killed by avalanches, and on the park side you're getting broken bones and huge medical bills everywhere. That's the unintended side-effect of the advancement of the sport. Also, when you're getting people focussed on the air they're going to pull more than the line or the turn, then you're not really skiing anymore, you're flying by way of a snowcapped runway.
    Last edited by adria33; 02-11-2013 at 05:56 AM.

The reason your videos have so many views is because you post them on TGR and newschoolers and make a fucking joke of yourself. You catch so much shit on these forums you must be doing it for the attention. Just have fun skiing and get over your psychedelic snowblades, nobody will buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Son-of-Pbville View Post
    ...a rocking horse is a lot easier on the knees for the same exact feel.
    That's a kickstarter
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by shreddingGNAR View Post
    nobody will buy them.
    Why don't you rep for heartcarve AND whitedot? Welcome to TGR.

I could knuckle 360s on snowblades too!
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Like a herpes flareup this thread is BACK! If you gave your park rat homie some actual skis he might be able to clear the knuckle.

They're not actual skis because they're snowblades. You invented $1700 snowblades.

That planet from Star Wars with the weird llama horses and shitloads of snow
    The only recent new development in skis that I think has a future is horizontal/edge rocker, like the Surface LAB.
    Looks incredibly fun, yet challenging. ()

Anyone skied them? I wonder how they work in powder.
    The side rocker on the LABs is probably a bit too pronounced to edge them properly, but if some manufacturer manages to design a convex base that fits the turnshapes in pow (like more siderocker near tips/tails, less underfoot), we're gonna get one surfy ski!

Good luck with your snowblades though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewdor View Post
    The only recent new development in skis that I think has a future is horizontal/edge rocker, like the Surface LAB.
    Looks incredibly fun, yet challenging. ()
    Calling them snowblades doesn't hide the fact people are still skiing toothpicks and holding chopsticks. You can do a lot of those solo spins in the vid on HCs because of the full rocker... anyhow he should lose those poles.