Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    Perhaps the high from carving is more endorphin (soul) than adrenaline (fear.) Snowboarding was okay for a while. How about you? What does it for you?
    I knew it, you're a telemarker

I'm pretty sure Jason Levinthal would cry if he had to watch the entire thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

I think TGR is getting trolled. Again.

How do I change my username?

I bet the GSA would totally dig this.
    He strikes me as a heart carver.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/KRi0RnLicco
    this is the older brother you aspire to out carve and become ultimate carver of st anton

I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.
    I don't know why you're trying to talk like you're a badass- we all saw the video.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Some words of wisdom from the original poster as found on: http://adrianwaj.com/category/skiing/

"I’ve always had trouble categorizing myself as a skier: was I more of a racer, a moguler, big mountainer or trickster? Yes to each, but only to a degree. However, with the arrival of the thicker, shorter and deeper sidecut skis that started production in the late 90′s, and the heart-centered skiing approach that I developed in response to them, I realized above anything else I was a carver: a heartcarver. This in turn improved those other aspects of my skiing significantly."

"Heartcarving is about harnessing gravitational and centripetal forces enacting on a skier’s body in a more intelligent way by using the heart as one’s focal point"

"For me, heartcarving has meant virtually no falls, higher speeds, far less bodily and mental stress and more accuracy. Furthermore, more endorphins and less adrenaline."

"The first step toward heartcarving is recognizing the yaw, roll and pitch that the heart can take whilst skiing."

"It was about 10 years ago that I realized by focusing on the heart I could relinquish my ski poles. Ski racers at the time were adapting to these new skis. I felt that poles weren’t needed anymore to be counterweights to work alongside the long, straight-edged skis of yesteryear. However, the heart is not a muscle that can be moved at will like one’s arms, it is passive, so I realized I’d have to do more than just recognize the heart, I’d have to recognize patterns that the heart could and would follow during turn sequences and then build a muscle memory around those patterns with the goal of running the feedback loop in reverse: use the heart to alter my skiing via the patterns I’d already determined."

"Presently I am gearing up for a ski trip to further push the boundaries of heartcarving. I will be using the 2012 Summit Marauders, 125cm (14.7, 11.7, 14.7)"
    This whole situation is interesting, just like this video:

Olympics - I know you're being sarcastic, but I've never got too involved in racing.. or liked it.. and when it was, it has never been slalom. I should get into slalom.. but Olympics unlikely. I am pretty risk averse. One of the reasons I got into carving was because I didn't want to keep getting a buzz from cliff jumping or steeps (and I never had access to good pow.) Perhaps the high from carving is more endorphin (soul) than adrenaline (fear.) Snowboarding was okay for a while. How about you? What does it for you?
    Meth, Meth, and More Meth

You should try some, it'll really take your carving to that Olympic/Slalom/WTF are you talking about level you've always dreamed of

I really enjoyed watching 94 seconds of this video. Everything about it is terrible, and the things on your feet look ridiculous, but this added some value to my day never the less. Thank you.

I'm not as concerned with carving as much anymore.. I'm moving to park and airs now. Big airs in the controlled environment looks and is fun.
    http://heartcarve.com -- session progression

How about you? What does it for you?
    Personally I like wankin' it while going downhill (coool breeze really gets me off) and right when I get by a crowd of snowboarders lookin' rad sitting in a group, letting the money shot go and trying to spew on as many as possible. It's more easy to do the first time during the day cause you have that bigger build up. Not sure you get any GNAR points for it but I bet they'll start considering it.

I think the folks at www.alpinezone.com might be impressed with this design. They're all heartcarvers... or ass bandits. i can't recall which.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by lotharofthehillpeople View Post
    This guy is really committed to carving, even if it means cutting off little kids, like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...rwBSu07KU#t=4s
    That's definitely the Uncle Rico video - he set up the camera and then showed off his "form" for it repeatedly. Knocking down whoever gets in the way is just part of the sacrifice we all make for art.
    Change is good. You go first.

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbd View Post
    That's definitely the Uncle Rico video - he set up the camera and then showed off his "form" for it repeatedly. Knocking down whoever gets in the way is just part of the sacrifice we all make for art.
    Kind of like when he nails the camera?
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

good shit. first overhead shot looked like a 4 year old on short learning skis, but when he swung his pole around....wow that's a full grown human on kids skis.
    i never realized watching a chairlift ride could be so exciting to watch.
    good shit dude, keep 'em coming.

(and wow, if i just let go and ski with my heart, i can get rid of those annoying poles once and for all?!? sign me up yesirreee!!)

buckethead - you're a drummer, you should be able to pick it up (or let it go) easily. Hey, and check out all the drumming vids on my YT channel.
    http://heartcarve.com -- session progression

for a moment OP almost had a bit of that Harald Harb extreme angulation shit going on there

Europe, what a country!

GSA - Gaper Spirit Award - At least he did it to himself
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

I think what you are up too is rad. Fuck the haters.

14:31 WTF After 2 minutes I knew my head would explode if I went any longer.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Since the future clearly blows I guess the only question left is spit or swallow?

No seriously, I like the way you buzz people standing still on beginner trails.
    Has an angry dad ever punched you in the face with a polecam?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by lotharofthehillpeople View Post
    This guy is really committed to carving, even if it means cutting off little kids, like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...rwBSu07KU#t=4s
    and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...wBSu07KU#t=32s
    a fucking idiot and a douchebag....skiblades FTW

I can't decide, can anyone help? ....... it's either a pair of Rax skis or a pair of these with a full powder rocker, a Go Pro camera and a very long pole. I will be mainly dropping in parrallel with my tug toner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMs-4fUZd-k