Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    b0ardski - you're not alone, but your experience has certainly lent you skill, and with it humility:

I "wasted" 3 years learning how to snowboard and getting good at it only to find skiboarding that was fun right from the start and had a much easier learning curve so I know how you feel.....

Bluewing - SBOL
    So what was your favorite? Were you seeking of finding?
    http://heartcarve.com -- session progression

Quote Originally Posted by TeleThor View Post
    That is full retard. Are you related to the Rax guy?
    my first thought was Rax as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

late to this thread, unfortunately, but just to let the OP know, he's behind the times. his "heart skiing" is just a repackaged ski dancing, which has been discussed here at length:

the people behind the ski dancing craze have given up, but some traces of this wild phenomenon still remain:

http://web.archive.org/web/200608231...om/gallery.htm

"She follows his lead, turning in his arms. They separate for a minute and pirouette, then rejoin hands and gracefully glide and swirl down theslope." -- Hilary Nangle, Times Record

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    the people behind the ski dancing craze have given up, but some traces of this wild phenomenon still remain:
    f2f: welcome to the world of old-school heartcarving.. I never expected it to lead me to skiboarding or tgr. But it has and I've accepted it.

We're still at the old Sims Fishtail boards point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDZZomqkXo8

So I'm gathering interest on the limited edition Heart Carver I am aiming to produce to get this tsunami on its way, to ride it, and to devastate the haters and pole-using jackasses.

Be First On Board http://firstonboard.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9NCwN5yah8 (Snowboarding's Holy Grail DVD)

If no one will sponsor us, we will sponsor ourselves!
    Last edited by adria33; 09-07-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: vid link

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    No sir, YOU are the hero (mine, at least). Mindblowing stuff. Keep rocking those carvers!!!
    it takes one to know one...you sir are a hero of mine as well

...but you're still a jackass for using your poles

tonite i will saw at least 70cm of tail of my favorite skis and poles are staying home...HEART CARVING POW DAY ON THE WAY!!

sometimes it just takes a strong breath of fresh air to clear the cobwebs off our antiquated ways.

i feel blessed.

(now if i can just find a purple fartbag before tomorrow )

They look as stable as Lindsay Lohan. I don't see the appeal. But, have fun with 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by jahoney View Post

but on the bright side, short skis could teach all you backseat riders how to get balanced.
    They could help, but they didn't help him. The OP is still way backseat. So umm, why would I ski these rather than a WC SL ski if I wanted to rail turns?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    So umm, why would I ski these rather than a WC SL ski if I wanted to rail turns?
    You're missing the point. You can rail turns on WC SL skis, but you can't heart carve. Right Adrian? I think I'm starting to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

My sense is that heart carving may be as elusive as the recently discovered EC snow leopard. Beautiful, yes, but difficult to capture in its full glory. I would like to thank the OP for illuminating the artistry of this seminal movement.

Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    f2f: welcome to the world of old-school heartcarving.. I never expected it to lead me to skiboarding or tgr. But it has and I've accepted it.
    What you need to accept is your profound gayness, and the delusional behavior associated with said gayness.

Movement or moment? Word choice can be difficult in times of GREAT CONTEMPLATION.

F@#$in great Sh!t

This is either the most elaborate troll in history or this guy is completely crazy and probably has an incestuous family locked away in his basement...

This is for real and there's a whole website dedicated to ski boarding?

Although I guess there would have to be.

This is what happens when delusion, super ego and a slight mental impairment all combine. Can you imagine if this supergaper, Tom from Rax and the GSA all combined powers...unstopable.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    This is what happens when delusion, super ego and a slight mental impairment all combine. Can you imagine if this supergaper, Tom from Rax and the GSA all combined powers...unstopable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

errrr da fuck? were getting trolled right? My brain says yes but my heart just wants to carve!
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

ZUPER finally a one ski quiver.

Didn't the "future" already happen during the mid 90's?

Biff - yes to a large degree... the (heart) carves come at slower speeds with the shorter boards and the smaller radius skis and the skis also seem to be more responsive to one's movements.

Longer radius skis have a higher take off speed. I can carve on either, but when I was experimenting with it on 15-16m radius skis in 2003 in Snowbird/Alta, it was like driving around Nürburgring in a van with an AMG engine, it's possible but it's not pretty.

A WC SL will carve for sure, and the narrow waist and stiff tail makes them edge-to-edge quickly - that's a real positive that I think the Marauders miss out on - a narrower waist. Need some sort of hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    This is either the most elaborate troll in history or this guy is completely crazy and probably has an incestuous family locked away in his basement...

as stated earlier.............MENTAL ILLNESS.
    no comment on the family and their dynamic
    At least I'm going somewhere with my skiing in that short time... even if you can't grapple with it or me. adria33 "the Israeli troll"

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    What you need to accept is your profound gayness, and the delusional behavior associated with said gayness.
    It's not that I'm delusional, it's that you live life in a mental straight jacket and probably beyond quick help.

I think you showed this with your "first post" here before you could even had time to watch the whole video.

Your homosexual hand needs to be held all the way to the lift line on your new Heart Carvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    heart carving may be as elusive as the recently discovered EC snow leopard. Beautiful, yes, but difficult to capture in its full glory.
    Bottleman - I think you're onto something here. If Heartcarving was so good, why aren't people doing it... why was it left up to some Jewish "supergaper" who did most of his skiing in his childhood and teenage years. I'm not sure, it's part of the mystique I guess. Well, one does require solitude for deep thinking, and something to think about. But it shouldn't be important. What's important is the feeling you get and if it takes you to a new and better level.

About sitting back... I've had that critique from an instructor... it happens naturally, the poles are a dead weight behind so there'll be a compensation when you hold them. And with long skis at front you can push forward without worrying about tipping forward. I see poles as like training wheels on a bike come to think of it. I mean ffs who does a friggin "pole plant?"

Secondly, about the groomers... do you hold it against Kelly Slater that he's not a big wave surfer? Each to their own. For me, I want speed (not the drug) and lots of it in the time I get on the hill. Doing a hike and powder 8s just doesn't cut it for me. I don't want to float on air, I want to shred and track. If I can get all this on a blue run.. then more power to the blue run. Actually, I do want pow, I have nothing against it, it just hasn't been my style or in my worldview. What's your average speed on your bluebird powder day?

I think it's great that you are having such fun, but try and be a little more aware of other slope users. Speed isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    tonite i will saw at least 70cm of tail of my favorite skis and poles are staying home...HEART CARVING POW DAY ON THE WAY!!

"If a man loses pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured, or far away. "

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_...#39;_originate

Rock on buddy.