Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

Willowdale will probably be good to go tomorrow. We got an inch or two here in Georgetown last night (10 minutes away). It's melting fast but not fast enough for this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

I hope people go out last night, damn that was nice!

I had some extra time before my buddy was ready, so tried to fix the ghost shifting on my enduro. Started messing with the shifter and looked down at the derailleur; housing is definitely toast and the cable had been fraying for awhile now lol. Grabbed my SX Trail and made the first good ride of spring that much more fun. Nothing like pedaling a "big" bike through the woods, I gotta do that more often!

no snow, but i bet pretty wet. haven't been in the woods in a number of weeks. prob won't for another couple or few round here.

rog

the ground is thawing out wicked right now.
    full on 'mud season'.
    i'll be on my road rocket for a week a least.
    let the the woods set up and whatnot.
    woot
    crab in my shoe mouth

Come down to MA, few spots should be ready much sooner than you'd think.

Harold Parker was awesome on Sunday. Soooooo many riders there it was crazy. Had to take care of some shit yesterday and didn't get to ride, heading out now for a quick ride at greenwood. No winter=no mud season down here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Burlington Landlocked was fun and not muddy at all (save the always-a-mud-pit stretch). Also filled with riders- saw at least a dozen in there over the course of an hour.

They are, btw, apparently enforcing the mud-ban (and the no off-leash dogs policy) at the Fells to the tune of a $200 fine. Be fore-warned.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    They are, btw, apparently enforcing the mud-ban (and the no off-leash dogs policy) at the Fells to the tune of a $200 fine. Be fore-warned.
    Yikes, thanks for the heads up.

windy and warm.
    local townie loops are 'in'.
    new bike stoke!
    thinking about STAB this weekend.
    one from today in Walpole.
    crab in my shoe mouth

It's all good down here.

This is a fun little drop, but I'd not have chosen to do it wheelie-drop style. Came out alright, but there where some godawful noises when he landed.

Most buttery smooth landing evah. No, really. It's disgustingly smooth.

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

I gotta ride these STAB trails I keep hearing about. I may try and get up there by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    windy and warm.
    local townie loops are 'in'.
    new bike stoke!
    thinking about STAB this weekend.
    one from today in Walpole.
    How's the new ride treating you? Got it set up right yet? Still mulling the Brownsville ride Sunday, may go to George with TC and Co.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

almost got it fully dialed in yesterday.
    need to run a little less pressure in the fork.
    i'm loving the new 'geometry'
    i can't get over how sticky it feels in the corners.
    i''m working at the ski shop on Sunday.
    thinking Brownsville for Saturday.
    have fun!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Hit the Bachelor St. trails in Granby MA yesterday, GREAT shape.
    Easily the best ride I've ever had to start a season out.
    Roller Coaster and Twister were a ton of fun, only ran into a few muddy spots on some fire road sections.
    Planning on checking out the Earl's Trails side of things next week.

Word on the street that Pine Hill Park in Rutland is running high and dry now with the exception of the new Shimmer Trail along the pond.

This weekend and next week should be off the charts awesome for biking.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    almost got it fully dialed in yesterday.
    need to run a little less pressure in the fork.
    i'm loving the new 'geometry'
    i can't get over how sticky it feels in the corners.
    i''m working at the ski shop on Sunday.
    thinking Brownsville for Saturday.

have fun!
    Cool, Took me a while to get the negative pressure right on my Reba team. I like sticky, what tires? Might give the Pine a spin on Sunday or BV or who knows.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Been riding local most of wintummer. The shed is outstanding with some boggy spots but not bad. To stoke it up this is from last year but the way the weather is going shrooms will be out soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110914_124329.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	112418
    watch out for snakes

spring skiing at Stowe Saturday, mountain biking Harold Parker Sunday. I could get used to this schedule.

stcee- earl's still has some snow and plenty of mud because it's north facing. May nor may not be ridable next week, though I'm sure plenty of the local idiots will be riding there anyway.

STAB is rideable already? Rad.

Yeah! - thanks for the heads up, sounds like batchelor st it is for a couple more weeks, can't complain!

I was definitely surprised at the lack of mud there this early, but there wasn't much on some hikes I went on earlier this year so there ya go...

B street is south facing and rocky, so it drains as well as any place I've ever ridden. We were riding there all winter until the snow fell a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Been riding local most of wintummer. The shed is outstanding with some boggy spots but not bad. To stoke it up this is from last year but the way the weather is going shrooms will be out soon.
    I rode a loop involving Volkswagen and Knucklebuster last Sunday. It was fantastic. I had not made the drive for the shed before, but I now think it's worth the extra 25 minutes in the car for me on weekends.

Dude, was that you and your wife I gave directions too? Its worth it any time you can get there.

Let me know when you can go and I will show you the goods.
    watch out for snakes

Opted to forgo a mud day and do a road ride through Revolutionary War battle country. On my way out the Minuteman path (I mean...), just before Lexington center, I passed a unit of British soldiers heading into town- complete with drummer and sentinels scouting the terrain ahead. It made my day. Happy St. Patty's everyone.

Pine Hill rode as good as ever on Saturday. Passed on Sunday as my sit-bones are not in saddle shape yet and I did not want to ruin myself for midweek rides.

Game on to two-wheel season!