Dynafit speed radical vs radical ST

I have done a bunch of searching but can't seem to find a definitive answer. Is the speed radical the same binding as the radical ST sans brakes? If there are other difference what they are they?
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Yes. The st has a few more mil height added due to some plasticy base plate though...

The toe units are the same, but the Speed Radical doesn't use any baseplate while the ST does. The heel units are slightly different and the Speed baseplate is more minimal (and can't take brakes).

IIRC the speed requires a tighter heel clearance (4mm instead of 6mm). Could be mistaken and thinking of the vertical line though.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

The speed does not have the plastic baseplates in both the toe and heel. This means 2 things:

-lower height without the plastic
    -less ski-to-binding contact without the larger plastic baseplate, which can make it weirder controlling very big skis.

Plus the no brakes thing.
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

Thanks for the info. Pretty good sales right now and am ready to pull the trigger!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

I think the Speed Radical uses the same heel gap as the rest of the Racial series, check other sources such as Wildsnow.com.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    I think the Speed Radical uses the same heel gap as the rest of the Racial series
    It does, the pins/gap are now the same throughout the line (5.5mm)

Anybody know the ramp delta of each?

same binding except for brakes and baseplates. baseplates necessary because the brake unit is thick and they needed to raise the boot up to fit the brake under there. delta is slightly greater on the st. i doubt there will be a noticeable difference driving big skis just because the st has a baseplate.

Quote Originally Posted by powder_prophet View Post
    -less ski-to-binding contact without the larger plastic baseplate, which can make it weirder controlling very big skis.
    the plastic doesn't affect or increase control.
    Ski more blog less - Foggy Goggles

I just mounted up some Speed Radicals on my 192 Voile Drifters (128mm waist). I'm 210 lbs w/o gear, so we'll see how this goes. Hopefully I'll get a day on them this weekend, then I'll report back.

Quote Originally Posted by dos bolsas View Post
    the plastic doesn't affect or increase control.
    was there talk at some point that people without brakes were concerned about control/durability of the brakeless dynas as the boot is resting solely on the rearpins?
    Like, the solution being a plastic puck on which the boot can rest on??

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Doesn't the Speed have less BSL adjustment than the ST in the heel piece?

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    Doesn't the Speed have less BSL adjustment than the ST in the heel piece?
    The old TLT Speed had less adjustment range (only about 1cm total) than the Vertical ST or FT, but the Speed Radical and Radical ST both have ~2.5cm total range, so you can actually move them 1 mondo size up or down if you mount with the adjustment centered.

I like the look of the radical ST toe and but like my old TLT ST heel. Anyone done the combo?

Or can the toe of the speed radical be paired with the TTT ST heel without creating too much of difference in ramp angle?

I just got back from a 3-day hut trip using speed radicals on my Voile Drifters. Conditions were all over the board: light powder on protected north-facing slopes, unbreakable south-facing crusts, mashed potatoes, and spring corn. The bindings were flawless, very rigid and no prereleases. I ski aggressive, but not extreme. Did a few ~10 ft drops with soft, steep landings with no problems.

With a ski that wide, there was substantial lateral force while going uphill on some icy side-hill skin tracks. While the boot-binding-ski connection was totally solid, it definitely wears on your ankles and knees.

I'm very happy with the performance of the speed radicals on this setup. As mentioned earlier, I weigh about 210, so not your typical rando racer. I was using BD Quadrant boots.

I have the Speed Radicals mounted to G3 Zenoxides (105mm). I'm 165lb sans gear, on Skookums, not a pro, nor super agressive, but for what it's worth - they seemed to ski great, are silly light, as mentioned above re: side hill skin tracks - felt super solid. Skied all the junk yesterday, some pow pockets, groomers, wind affected, melt freeze - no compaints from the bindings. Legs are tired though haha