Aspen This Weekend

I'll be skiing Aspen this weekend--alpine if there is new snow and nordic if not. Anyone want to play tour guide?

Also need to demo some skis since I'm just bringing boots...best shop for demos?

bout to walk to highlands base for a bowl lap before work. be happy to show you.

I'll be 1st chair on 1a(Shadow Mtn) everyday. There all good.

I am biased since I used to work there but Gorsuch has a great line of demos if you are demoing in town - Volkl, Kastle, Atomic, K2, Dynastar

Bumping this year-old thread 'cause I just got into my hotel in Basalt and will be heading up to Highlands early tomorrow (Friday).

I don't know the hill or the town that well. I haven't been back for years, and have only ever been here in the Summer, so would be much obliged for any beta or camaraderie. Anybody willing to meet for some Highland Bowl laps? Or beers and cougar baiting afterwards? I'm not nearly as cool or good-looking as CantDog, but hey who is...

Free parking would be at Buttermilk, then take the RFTA to Highlands?

not there yet, but yes, free parking at buttermilk and there's a direct shuttle from buttermilf to highlands.
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

Sorry I didn't see this, I could of hooked you up.

If you want to ski Ajax tomorrow, I got just the guy, if you want to be punished.

We've met at Alta a couple of times and at MD9's.

Thanks mang I plan to be at Ajax tomorrow, and remember meeting you though it was awhile ago.

Had a good time a Highlands today, got a few laps in, nice forgiving conditions. You guys got a good mountain here. Hanging at the Brewery and the 10th Mtn Imperial Stout is smoooth and getting me fucked up since I'm kinda dehydrated. Fun town. Viva la Collectivo Montana.

How are conditions in The Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How are conditions in The Bowl?
    I dropped down Full Curl today and was pleasantly surprised after yesterday's sun and temps. Snow was nice, pretty firm with some pack on top. The run out was reasonably soft until the last bit above the cat track; pretty sun baked.

Friday, Highland bowl was in pretty good shape, but I'm actually surprised it stayed good Saturday, what with the warm temps and sun. Mostly late season super variable conditions changing throughout the day. Though the pack is thin, coverage is pretty good, with snow holding better in the trees off to the G-side. Lots of refrozen on many aspects Saturday AM, but the slight amount of new snow from Saturday PM may have stuck. I didn't ski today, as I was driving back to SLC.

My first trip to Asspen went pretty well, but I gotta say, it didn't seem too Extreme. More like plenty of rich old geezers with boob-job trophy wives cruising the corduroy. Still, pretty fun overall. I was supposed to ski with Janesaw yesterday but we kept texting and barely missing each other over on the A1 side (where conditions were softer). Ah well, will be back next year again, thanks to the Mountain Collective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    My first trip to Asspen went pretty well, but I gotta say, it didn't seem too Extreme. More like plenty of rich old geezers with boob-job trophy wives cruising the corduroy. Still, pretty fun overall.
    Somebody has to pay for all the infrastructure. This years trophy wife is next years cougar!

Aspen is just good expert level skiing. In bounds isn't extreme, but there's plenty in the BC.
    Too bad you didn't hook up with Jane, local knowledge is crucial in the spring. You have to really know the exposures to get the best out of these hills.

Glad you had fun.
    Maybe next year.