Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wink

nice work hon! photos are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by joshbu
    Kewl. Added to my "to do" list... Right after "three way with Japanese Twins"
    Pretty sure you could combine the two

Some more from today:

Today was over the head - face shots on almost every turn, we were chewing snow on each turn, I needed wind screen wipers on my goggles and today I truly understood the term `pack your snorkel`.

I cant really write much more except that today was the best day of my life.

Pics:

Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

Matt, leaning back on the board

Deuge

Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

You Lucky B@$tard SB!. That looks sweet, just like out wide on Nth P . How did your work take your absence?

today was the best day of my life.

(Powerfull statement that is...still, I hate you at the moment...)

Now that's some awesome stoke, Japan style!

Ski pow in Japan grasshopper . . . swiftly

Arigato for the pics!

It still has not stopped snowing, 20-30 cm every night at least for the last 10 days. It is puking heavily at the moment and tipped to do so for the next 6 days straight.

Crazy town.

I love this pic:

Still got two weeks left in this beautiful country.
    Last edited by Ski Beaver; 01-30-2005 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Beaver
    It still has not stopped snowing, 20-30 cm every night at least for the last 10 days. It is puking heavily at the moment and tipped to do so for the next 6 days straight.
    Is Hokkaido a snow machine? Your the 3rd person who's said that. Fukin' japs. Stealin our snow
    Elvis has left the building

paging rtp... A side trip for your whirlwind Asia trip?

Damn fine pictures. I however am not jealous because I skied today....

....on ice.

Quote Originally Posted by cj001f
    Is Hokkaido a snow machine? Your the 3rd person who's said that. Fukin' japs. Stealin our snow

It just does not stop, I can`t explain it any better, I have seen the sun for a maximum of 30 mins in 8 days. It just pukes snow the whole time.

Keep gettin' some SB !

My trip to Europe was a bit early it seems ....

Skiing anything but those Gotamas ?

tjb

Quote Originally Posted by tjb
    Keep gettin' some SB !

My trip to Europe was a bit early it seems ....

Skiing anything but those Gotamas ?

tjb
    190 Gotama`s are only just enough, I have demoed Volant Spatulas and Seth Pistols, and can`t wait to get back on the Gotama`s.

Hopefully we will have more pics tomorrow.

Sake was good tonight!

Alcoholic? Alcoholics Goesh to Meetings, Ish A DEERUUNNK!!! "hic"
    Quote Originally Posted by joshbu
    Kewl. Added to my "to do" list... Right after "three way with Japanese Twins"
    Do I need to say any more?
    Living vicariously through myself…

Nice shit, SB. I see the Arno poles have now traveled 3/4 of the way around the world.

Thumbs up

Who wants to go with me next winter?

Nippon Summit 2006!
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    Nice shit, SB. I see the Arno poles have now traveled 3/4 of the way around the world.
    And I see it as my duty to make it a full circle.

Maybe next year Splat.

Thanks again fr the poles, they are terrific and are treating me very well.

The Bro Models will be there in 10 days too

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    sweet pics!

The toilet recommended a place called "America Town".
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

This is a copy of a post made by Janus on another forum, it is easier than writing one for you guys so enjoy, we had an amzing day.

Ski Report Monday

Its difficult to verbalize todays skiing. If anyone heres seen High Life - TGR, the section at Alta with the chest deep snow may give you some idea of the conditions. Every run was untracked freshies, you can huck off anything, the landings are so soft.

So after drinking sake at Hanks bar till 1am, and waking up parched as, we headed out for first lifts early with high expectations. Prince gondola was closed due to high winds so we were limited to skiing Hirafu and Hanonzo, Heading across the top to ski down next to Hanonzo 3 lift, the turns were deep and light, probably just under thigh deep. Then across to Strawberries, we skied high along the ridge line for about 100m before dropping in, this is hero snow people, its light enough to allow free speed, and deep enough to let you take ski fantasy into reality, the first run was a religious experience, pillows, well spaced trees and no lines. The snow was thigh deep and face shots were plentiful. And Im not talking about the kind of face shot where you get lucky to have one, most turns resulted in snow flying over our heads. But this was not to be the best skiing of the day. After moving further along the ridge for 6 consecutive runs, never crossing another track until the runout, we decided that a change may be in order.

Suffering the effects of Hanks sake from the night before, and really needing the help of a couple of pain killers and some hydration, we headed to King Bell for lunch, some stir fry, rice and a raw egg (which never did seem to cook..). Feeling much better about things I decided to make the afternoon interesting and hired some Volante Spatulas, I dont know if the negative camber or reverse sidecut made the difference, or just the fact that theyre 124mm under foot, but these things were rocking my world. Skiing Hanonzo 3 only we cut diagonally under the chair to the creek line where a traverse line had already been cut we once again found ourselves skiing only untracked lines and even lighter snow than in Strawberries, at times I really couldnt see anything, the snow cascading over my head, the only saving factor being my memory of where the trees were positioned. The spatulas float so nicely, it makes me wonder how deep the snow would have been if I was on my Monsters as I had been in the morning.

The lines we were skiing got very popular all of a sudden and we found that masses of Australians were to be seen skiing the traverse line out from the chair, we kept at it until I had to return the skiis. Luckily I was able to use the hairdryers in the mens room to dry the lenses of my goggles, because I was seriously considering calling it a day at this point. The Beaver would have none of it and before I knew it I was back on the Monsters with a clear set of goggles on my head ready for `one more run` under the gondola and around to skiers left.

By this stage the lights were on and darkness was falling rapidly, the glow from the lights illuminated far enough for us to move to the trees on the far side of the run on skiers left of the gondola line at the top. Dropping in I found that through some miraculous turn of temperature the snow had dried even more. The snow was careening off my chest, blinding me and making it extremely difficult to breath, this was the most unbelievable skiing I have ever had, it fulfilled a dream. We just took these narrow, then opening etc lines through the trees, which steepend to a nice vert, pillows and trees, chutes drops and a little something I like to call magic.

Off to dinner now, sorry still no pics, will try to figure out how to get them on here, or just do it when I get back. I dont know if Ill be able to holiday anywhere else ever again, this is truly a skiers paradise!

Today was sick!

to hoks inside japan between 200 to 350 us return.

hoks has tons of light utah type snow.
    lacks steeps but has a few not many.

Honshu wetter snow tahoe type fluffy up high sticky down low sometimes.
    but Ak type line I crap you not. big cliff and biglines.

Some more pics:

Ski Beaver:

Last edited by Ski Beaver; 02-02-2005 at 08:49 AM.

Daggett:

A-Rod

LH: