Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Kirkwood-Vail resorts now?

Is this for real?

Really?

http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...ntProfile=1055

appears to be...and: "Vail Resorts also announced that, effective immediately, Heavenly and Northstar pass holders will have access to Kirkwood and Kirkwood pass holders will be able to ski and ride Heavenly and Northstar."

wow...that works out well for Epic pass holders

Even better, "As of today, Epic Pass and Epic Local Pass holders will have unrestricted access to ski and ride Kirkwood"...well, except for the lift lines its better. Guess this helps decide which pass(es) to buy next season...

nooooooooooo.

what about network pass holders? do we get to ski heave/star?

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    Even better, "As of today, Epic Pass and Epic Local Pass holders will have unrestricted access to ski and ride Kirkwood"...well, except for the lift lines its better. Guess this helps decide which pass(es) to buy next season...
    Rough that they're having such a crappy year. Otherwise it'd be tempting to head on out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    nooooooooooo.

what about network pass holders? do we get to ski heave/star?

It appears yes.

Fuck I'm sitting on BOTH passes. Now I wish I had a Sierra pass to get away from Vail Resorts!

the evil empire swallows up another ski area...what is next? Jackson hole?

get ready for construction on a massive "village" complete with fur shops and luxury jewelry stores, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post

get ready for construction on a massive "village" complete with fur shops and luxury jewelry stores, hehe
    Seems odd. Vail probably didn't want the real estate:

"The seller will retain a participation interest in the base area parcels and will continue to own the remainder of the real estate development sites."

vibes...
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Seems odd. Vail probably didn't want the real estate:

Yeah, they're just waiting for those investors to throw in the towel and get that stuff at pennies on the dollar.

Wow, Tahoe just got a whole lot cheaper to ski. With Reno RE so cheap, BP may move soon.

Bwhahahahaaaa

FKNA beiotches!
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post

Almost all of the buildable land is either built or under half ass construction already. It will be nice to see an upgrade in the lift system but i'm not to stoked about the amount of people that will now be there on Pow days. I'm gonna start buying Ed Hardy & Prada snow gear so i'll fit in.

RIP KIRKWOOD.
    Snow Flake Killer

I don't see the demographic changing that much at Kirkwood. Most destination and day trippers want more intermediate terrain serviced by high speed lifts. I just don't see that much extra traffic on powder days with the roads and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    Almost all of the buildable land is either built or under half ass construction already. It will be nice to see an upgrade in the lift system but i'm not to stoked about the amount of people that will now be there on Pow days. I'm gonna start buying Ed Hardy & Prada snow gear so i'll fit in.

RIP KIRKWOOD.
    yea true...only reason I think this is because vail resorts is a publicly traded company with a bottom line to care about. A huge chunk of their revenue comes from their real estate ventures. It seems they want to use their extra cash to acquire and build out ski areas with real estate. Hopefully that might not be the case.

It was just 18 mil - cheap. Nothing for a company the size of Vail. They can justify it just with the new marketing come ons, especially for the Heavenly skier.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It was just 18 mil - cheap. Nothing for a company the size of Vail. They can justify it just with the new marketing come ons, especially for the Heavenly skier.
    MTN could just shut all but one or two lift at kwood for the real estate locals and force more traffic to Heavenly. I doubt it but anything is possible now. At least MTN are not private equity pirates like KSL.

That's...Epic. Brace yourself...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lift_line.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	110750  
    “I mean god damn, who could believe that shit.” Greg Noll, Riding Giants

Say goodbye to Ski areas, say hello to Ski Resorts...

Vail resorts is taking over the world
    is this thing on?

I don't see the demographic changing that much at Kirkwood. Most destination and day trippers want more intermediate terrain serviced by high speed lifts. I just don't see that much extra traffic on powder days with the roads and all that.
    Just wait. I don't know what you guys pay for parking now, but you might want to buy some lube for next year.

MTN could just shut all but one or two lift at kwood for the real estate locals and force more traffic to Heavenly. I doubt it but anything is possible now. At least MTN are not private equity pirates like KSL.
    They ain't that much different!

One of two things will happen:
    1. They're just doing it to compete with the squaw pass re: resort count, knowing that most people will go to the heave
    2. Kirkwood will be redone into the area "exclusive" resort.

That said, I doubt anything will happen in the near term, probably just jumping on an opportunity.

doesn't seem like a lot of money. You could buy two of Vail's new slopeside houses in Lionshead for that much. I've never skied Kirkwood ... 2,300 acres seems pretty big, but what is it, all rope tows and food trucks?
    On first

MTN could just shut all but one or two lift at kwood for the real estate locals and force more traffic to Heavenly. I doubt it but anything is possible now.
    Tahoe's own Yellowstone Club?
    Snow Flake Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Rough that they're having such a crappy year. Otherwise it'd be tempting to head on out there.
    they have a great base. if you see them get 10"+ it is on. cept that now it's much flatter than it was yesterday. ;-)
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

FACK!!! There goes the neighborhood.....
    I can't remember...