Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    27" of fresh for the first day on my new 196 Lhasas. I stood in line at the gondola until 8:30, no more after that. I spent a good bit of time in "the white room." Say what you want about the terrain... You haven't lived 'til you've "come out of the Closet" on a deep day!
    Don't ask.... Don't tele

I'm not saying Steamboat is too flat or the lift lines too long or the tickets are too expensive..well, maybe.

I am sayin ya'll sound like flaming douches for saying the last time blahblahblah was '96 brahbrahbrah.

*When trying to assert core-ness. Insert the '96.

Big dumps happen every year..act like ya been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowtorch View Post
    I'm not saying Steamboat is too flat or the lift lines too long or the tickets are too expensive..well, maybe.

I am sayin ya'll sound like flaming douches for saying the last time blahblahblah was '96 brahbrahbrah.

*When trying to assert core-ness. Insert the '96.

Big dumps happen every year..act like ya been there.
    I think it's just the fact that near 30 inches fell OVERNIGHT, so it had to have been one of the deepest days inbounds there in recent memory...you know its deep when you're choking to get air. Well done steamboat mags.

The backcountry...well that is a different story, that is deep all the time.

I hear ya, but 96??

Quote Originally Posted by nikster140 View Post
    Also - that photo of the snowboarder above was taken more than a week ago. I bet that area is looking pretty good right now.
    it was? crazy. were you there?

That pic was from '96 bro, I was there!

just kidding, it was from Saturday. yea before 2/20 storm, same idea. why you blowing up my spot?
    believe me its real.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoop View Post
    it was? crazy. were you there?

That pic was from '96 bro, I was there!

just kidding, it was from Saturday. yea before 2/20 storm, same idea. why you blowing up my spot?
    I wasn't there, but it's my boyfriend who took it......the week before last. It also was on the Pilot's website maybe 10 days ago. Sorry to blow up your spot Just wanted to point out that it's been pretty damn good for a few weeks now, and only getting better.

Just take a better photo this week, and all will be forgiven...
    I'm having the best time being off my pickle and feeling the music. -HT

Powtron, Smokan and Poop*Ghost will be heading your way! Any boat mags want to get together with one classy photog and two dirtbags... shoot a PM.

Sitting here, tired from the beautiful 17" in the last 48 hours at the Big; giggling about the endless fluff face shots today, and thought I could babble a bit about '96 Steamboat. I mean, crap, that was 16 years ago, right? WTF could that have to do with anything today?

First time I ever put skis on, I was 23; 1993. Skied Monarch one day and Copper one day. 6 weeks later, moved to Steamboat to live out of my van and be a lift op, to indulge this magical thing that I just "knew" I wanted to continue doing.

Four joints lift, if anyone was wondering After a month at the Christie lift because I couldn't pass my ski test, haha.

Anyway, ski there for two years with a pass and then move away. because of a girl. because I didn't understand priorities. because I blew it.

Remember being gutted beyond measure as I heard the continuing reports of the magic that was Jan '96.

Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.

Some people blink their whole lives.

Never missed a season since, and didn't miss today, either. I was yapping on the lift today that we live our entire lives so that we could be right there, right now, getting it when the 3" storm turns into the 9" storm. When the 75" base turns into the 90" base. Every decision for the way you live your life distilled down to those few, sweet, fleeting moment of perfection.

So that was my Steamboat winter of '96. Without a doubt my most influential and life changing season. Just sayin'

Glad you guys had one of your days of your life. To be right there, on that day? Fuck yeah.

So jealous right now, looks amazing out there. Keep the edits coming, something needs to keep me sane while at work.

Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.

Thanks for the latest addition to my signature. Well put. I was stoked just to know that even if I couldn't be up there, I knew peeps who were getting after it like I would!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post

You want edits? Here's a whole page of them. It's not like Steamboat was excited or anything....

http://www.exploresteamboat.com/news...mboat-springs/
    I'm having the best time being off my pickle and feeling the music. -HT

Quote Originally Posted by bryanthebold View Post
    Are you kidding me? Griz chair looks like this when it snows 10 inches and its slow as fuck

Sent from my DROID2 using TGR Forums
    Last time was right when all the College kids got back but before the semester started, and all the kids got off school, and it was the only big storm of the year.

There can be lift lines at the bowl, especially on the weekends, but the crowd really disperses. Also, I was just at Lost Trail. Hit the Bowl today. Funky but fresh snow and no lift lines.

Yeah, we need a quad.

"SINGLE?!"

One day I'm gonna start shouting "All the single ladies, all the single ladies!"
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

hows the snow holding up (do i even have to ask) with the busy holiday week? with more snow tomorrow, skiing thursday should be nice. ill be on caylors or billygoats with a green jacket, black helmet/pants. ill have change if anyones up there
    -Ryan

Today was off the hook. The people all left, no lines anywhere, 3- 4' deep pockets everywhere. Undisclosed locations were work to get to, but paid back in the things dreams are made of. Still snowing good. 10-12" at the house since I shoveled last night.

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    It smells of desperation in here...can't beleeeive the internet's raddest skiers are trying to knock this one down.

No traffic, 3.5hrs to and fro (basically beav creek to denver after a summit pow day). Longest lift line was at the gondi and 10min at storm chair. Laps on xmas bowl, st. pat's, storm trees yada yada, faceshots til close, $3.89 per inch of snow. I had a blast .
    Haha! Yeah I was drunk forum shit talking! Glad you guys got some goods!

Telling stories is fun. Mentioning 96 I don't think had anything to do with my penis or anything. A little internet sassing if fun too, don't get yer panties all bundled up.

I moved there on New Years Eve, it dumped every day but maybe one that whole month. I remember a three day stretch that was something like 18, 19, and 26 inches each night. It was awesome. I was skiing on blue Salomon F9's, I thought they were the coolest things ever. I have very fond memories of Steamboat, stayed for two seasons but I had to leave for some steeps.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    Thanks for the latest addition to my signature. Well put. I was stoked just to know that even if I couldn't be up there, I knew peeps who were getting after it like I would!
    Thanks, yo! I was just feeling pretty darned happy about it all, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoop View Post
    Million dollar?

I will be there tomorrow. Blue TNF jacket smith head gear and S7... Flying solo hoping to meet up with crew......Pumped

Quote Originally Posted by groundcontrol323 View Post
    Million dollar?
    looks more like north woods

Here's some pole cam stoke from the other day that turned out a lot better than everybody's chesty footage.

Off the hook this week for sure. Big warm up last night and considerable southwesterly winds have put a bunch of weight on top of all that champagne powder this morning.

Nice work on the vid Marko. Give a call, I will most likely be up bell to bell again today.

Quote Originally Posted by groundcontrol323 View Post
    Million dollar?
    I was thinking Bush Rock?

I broke my orbital on that one, bled out of my nose for two weeks, it was nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeBoat View Post
    for all those people that say Steamboat is too flat and the lines weren't worth it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQPGA2oyp2U

We are all on this site because WE LOVE TO SKI... we're here to share our excitement over huge lines and deep pow. These are the kind of days we live for.
    Loved watching the video and I enjoyed your soundtrack choice. peace

Jelous. Stuck in Denver Tech Center Hell.

Marko, that was ridiculous.