WTB Smith Powder Baskets for Z Bends I know Long shot

Wanted Smith Powder Baskets for Smith Bends I know a long shot picked a pair up at a swap and have not used my other poles like how these feel and wish smith would bring them back.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

I always just used BD powder baskets on my Z bends. Easy to find and much more durable than the crappy smith pow baskets.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    count me second in line, yeti. AND if someone has a pair laying around between about 50"-54", i would be MORE than happy to take them off their hands...

As for baskets, the bd powder baskets work, but they change the swing weight of the pole. if you do put them on, i suggest putting a few wraps of duct tape below the baskets to keep them from falling off....
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

thanks will give that a try yea I picked these up for $5 at a ski swap in the fall bought them more for fun and have used them since I chopped them down. I wish smith would bring them back.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

bumping for some replacement powder baskets. Who's holding?

Anyone? Any suggestions for locating replacements? Been looking at used sporting goods stores for Smith poles and I tried DPS, because they now sell a similar product but they're out of pow baskets. And even if they had some, I'm not sure those would work anyway.

BD baskets and zip ties are the move. All four pair of my z-bends with Smith pow baskets are zip tied on because they are getting hard to come by. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    BD baskets and zip ties are the move. All four pair of my z-bends with Smith pow baskets are zip tied on because they are getting hard to come by. Ha!
    Thanks, mang. Did you just cut off the basket and leave the lower section/tip on the poles?

or just jam the black diamond baskets onto the race baskets. They will come off once in a blue moon, but stay on for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Welp, here's what I found out about replacement baskets.

Swix replacement deep powder basket on Swix replacement ferrule works just fine. The replacement makes the ski pole ~3/8" longer, which I didn't notice.

https://www.swixsport.com/us/poles/a...=7045950256704

^^^ This Swix page gives you the part numbers for the baskets and ferrules ^^^

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D3D5FAD4-3283-4635-802C-008EAAB389B6_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	355198

Name:	A5493F53-29A4-4CE0-8A7A-F5E7585C5D28_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	509.2 KB 
ID:	355196

Name:	CF82C512-9C3F-480D-8C70-87F7ED9F8377_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	620.5 KB 
ID:	355197

Get the old baskets off the ski poles and use hot glue inside the ferrules to adhere the new ferrules to the pole. Snap on baskets.

fin

Anybody taking the old baskets off their Smith Z bends (typically the ferrules are good but the tabs break on them), I'd be interested in them if you are just going to toss them (as long as they would still slip on the poles) The pair I have are the carbon, not the aluminum poles though (not sure if they are the same diameter or not)

Is the swix ferrule fatter than the OEM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

WTB Smith Powder Baskets for Z Bends I know Long shot

I’ve used Scott ferrules and baskets to resurrect a pair quite a few years ago and been using them ever since. How do we get a bring back the z bend mantra going?

I have an extra pair in storage and some spare grips etc....as well. I’ve worn clear through the outer grippy stuff and been plasti dipping the handles about once a year. Anyone seen a good handle replacement with similar grip?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Driving to Targhee

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Is the swix ferrule fatter than the OEM?
    The z-bend shaft fits in the new ferrule nicely, the end of the of the ski pole bottoms out on the inside of the ferrule.

Name:	63666373-D9DD-40F8-9042-BF39CD889F06_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	355409

I have 2 pairs, new in plastic, of the DPS version of the z-bend if anyone is interested. They don't have powder baskets.

PM for price

Is this what y'all want? These are the medium size classic basket, not the small race basket or the bigger powder basket that tended to fall off because they were built differently. PM me if so. Price will be the cost of shipping. I may not reply until the upcoming weekend, and if I get too many requests I'll have to ask some kindly mag. for help with the distribution. The green and black have the cone tip, the yellow have the ice tip with the 4 points. These should fit all Smith poles. No, I won't run out.

Name:  Baskets.JPG
Views: 400
Size:  74.0 KB

I converted all of mine using Eric’s generosity. In the search of my stashes I cam across a single red pole 50” and a worn out set of grips if anyone needs them.

FWIW I could get the ferrules off using conventional means so I cut them along the length and peeled the old ones off and cut the metal ring

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Driving to Targhee

The other basket broke recently so I replaced it with the Swix, easy-peasy. The old basket came off easily, using the traditional pipe wrench w/hammertime.

Name:	57AF4075-C824-4A03-A01F-A00C4CA8EAA7_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	359285

Some ancient, hot glue in the tip, push down firmly and ready to go.

Name:	FDA415B4-7890-4C33-8975-E019165B7142_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	886.1 KB 
ID:	359286

We’re you able to order straight from swix ? I went to there site and there is no way to order. I have a set of zbends with no ferrules I’d love to get up and running again.
    Or do I need to order through a shop?

Post #16 is still in effect

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    We’re you able to order straight from swix ? I went to there site and there is no way to order. I have a set of zbends with no ferrules I’d love to get up and running again.
    Or do I need to order through a shop?
    I had to search the interwebs a bit to find parts. That said, I may have an extra set or 2 available if you don't find anything.