Thread: DaVinci code

DaVinci code

I'm sure a large handful here have already read it. If you haven't grab it, especially if you're looking for a fast, but not braindead, book. Great fiction that incorporates historical fact, art, religion, consipiracy theory, etc. Definitely the type of book that you won't want to put down (except to jump on Google since there are so many aspects of the book that I wanted to investigate further). Not the most amazing writing in the world, but it's all about the plot. It will provoke some good conversation.

And if you like it, read Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown as well. Also in the same vein, and also a pageturner.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

If DaVinci was alive today, he'd be eating microwave sushi naked in the back of a Cadillac with the both of us.

History, Tradition, Culture - are not concepts, these are trophies I keep in my den as paperweights!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

WSD i JUST finished it last night! It is an interesting junk food read (he shouldve just written a screenplay and saved somebody the extra step) but i have some MAJOR critisisms -- I wont post them here bcz they're spoilers. We'll have to discuss over drinks this weekend!!

Another interesting book in the same vien (if you can find it) is "Acts of the Apostles" by John FX Sundman. You can actually download the entrie book on PDF on some sites, if you don't mind reading off your monitor.

It's espically good for IT type people becuase there are lots of characters who bear a striking resemblance to people in the industry.

There's also lots of chases and a fair bit of sex, so who can go wrong with that?

Originally posted by britney
    WSD i JUST finished it last night! It is an interesting junk food read (he shouldve just written a screenplay and saved somebody the extra step) but i have some MAJOR critisisms -- I wont post them here bcz they're spoilers. We'll have to discuss over drinks this weekend!!
    Yeah - sounds good. Would love to hear your take on it. Haven't really sat down and dissected with anyone yet, which I'd love to do.

what's your plan for the weekend? any chance you're going to warren milller tonight? lemme know.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

no chance for warren after all, due to work and gym!

but i am about 75% certain BC-FLOW and i will be at kirkwood saturday. there is a slim chance of a spontaneous trip to mammy, though.

i just pm'd lph with the same questions, but is there a meeting place/time at kwood, or should we just show up at lph's at a certain time? what should i bring? more importantly, what should i wear?

also -- check your hotmail account WSD -- i sent you a message a day or two ago..
    -brit

I think it sounds like there 's a plan for a meeting spot at kweed. I'm thinking that I'm gonna drive up Saturday am since I'm not riding anyhow. Blah. So I just need to get my ass in a barstool by beer o'clock.

Find out the meeting spot and scream "change for a nickel?" and you'll find the mags. Also, if you have two way radios they usually have them with and as of last year, I think the channel was 7/7.

As far as what to wear Saturday night. I think that to fit in a pirate or sheep costume would do, or since we promised the show, a Paris Hilton outfit ....wait that would mean you'd go naked.

oh - and I don't think I have a hotmail account - do I? For all I know I do. But try my yahoo account....

mholmgren at yahoo dawt commanderinchief