Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Marshal, any chance the demo rig will be swinging through the PNW this season?
    I picked my 120's up used two seasons ago and they quickly became the favorite toy in the quiver.
    I'm curious to ski and compare the new version.

My friend is the DPS rep at crystal. Maybe I can help hook you up with something.

^
    That would be interesting.
    He has demos to try?
    190, flex 2...

there's a dps rep at xtal?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    there's a dps rep at xtal?
    Jess is a rep and is at xtal, if memory serves.

What Andy said is correct.

ACH, she is actually up here at alpy this weekend. I'll see what I can find out for ya.

If you make it up to Whistler, PM me, I have L120s in 190 Hybrid to demo (11/12s).

Btw the original question had to do with tail rebound on the W112RP, as you found that lacking in the S7. Yes, the W112RP has more tail rebound thanks to overall stiffness/rebound effects of carbon in both Hybrid and Pure, even with the rockered tail. However while the L120 pintail sinks but rebounds out of the arc of the turn (that rebound effect), the W112RP rockered tail releases, sinking up to the rocker point and then rebounding. That's as best as I can describe it.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

I'd like to know what the turn radius on the 11/12 and 12/13 Lotus 120 was, and if there was any difference in dimensions between those years. I have the rough red topsheet version (which I believe is 12/13) in the 200cm. As I recall their radius is something like 42m....anybody know for sure?

Also has anybody skied both the 11/12 or 12/13 versionsm and the 13/14 version with pink and black topsheet or baby blue topsheets? Wondering if they carve an edge at slightly slower speeds due to the (I believe) smaller sidecut.

yeah 46 m on previous versions, say 12/13 and 10/11 for 190 cm length.
    53 m for the 200 and 39m for the 178.
    Aggressive in my own mind

mofro should be able to answer this

155lbs I got the 12/13 lotus 120 shinny red topsheet hybrids in 184 mounted at +1 with dynafits and I love em, I was a little worried about the 42M (?) turning radius but suprisingly to me they slarve any sized turn and work well in any kind of funky snow on piste and tour well, I actualy find them more versitile/like em > the carbon 112 wailers I had for a season
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by shasti View Post
    ?

Also has anybody skied both the 11/12 or 12/13 versionsm and the 13/14 version with pink and black topsheet or baby blue topsheets? Wondering if they carve an edge at slightly slower speeds due to the (I believe) smaller sidecut.
    Yes, own both in the 190 cm length. The 13/14 version reduces the radius to 35M and carves nicely on any snow surface where the bite is above 1/4-1/2"- they are still no fun on boiler plate. My order of preference is 13/14 L120spoon >07/08 F3 bamboo side wall> 11/12 F2.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    I've since sold my 190 Lotus 120's.
    Think they're from 10/11.
    Boissal is current owner as far as I know.

Anyhow, thought I'd throw up a full ski profile shot to complement marshalolson's photo...

I have nothing to add to this discussion about the newer models but felt obligated to mention that I am still the owner of ^^^. The Dukes stayed with their former owner, they're now mounted with ST10s.
    They remain the best ski I've ever been on and my go-to pair unless I get after a major slogfest. They're plenty damp when compared to the 105s (which are a year or two older and have kicked me around a fair bit when pushed hard). They work well at high speed, in crud, in chopped-up mank, in windboard, even in full on resort-style moguls (not at the resort but the Y in LCC tends to look like High Rustler at times). Durability is outstanding considering how poorly I've been treating them the last 2 seasons. I checked my PMs and got them in 2010, 5 seasons and probably 150 days later there's no delam and barely any top-sheet chipping.

I've regretted being on these skis exactly once, skiing 50 degree ice while on belay. I'm not sure things would have been much different with a skinnier stick, crampons were the only acceptable option that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I have nothing to add to this discussion about the newer models but felt obligated to mention that I am still the owner of ^^^. The Dukes stayed with their former owner, they're now mounted with ST10s.
    They remain the best ski I've ever been on and my go-to pair unless I get after a major slogfest. They're plenty damp when compared to the 105s (which are a year or two older and have kicked me around a fair bit when pushed hard). They work well at high speed, in crud, in chopped-up mank, in windboard, even in full on resort-style moguls (not at the resort but the Y in LCC tends to look like High Rustler at times). Durability is outstanding considering how poorly I've been treating them the last 2 seasons. I checked my PMs and got them in 2010, 5 seasons and probably 150 days later there's no delam and barely any top-sheet chipping.

I've regretted being on these skis exactly once, skiing 50 degree ice while on belay. I'm not sure things would have been much different with a skinnier stick, crampons were the only acceptable option that day.
    Nice to hear, Boissal. Glad that they have served you well!

I had two amazing days on those 190's at Ski Arpa in chile.
    Perfectly consistent 6-12 inches of wind-buffed pow...

I thought the bamboo sidewall 120s, or at least the pair I had, had some camber underfoot.

Are the bamboo sidewalls really 07/08? Sheesh I feel old...

EEC- yes, they did have a tad but of camber. IMO the 120sP rocker profile appear to have the closest resemblance to the bamboo sidewall version....and flex much more similar than the 11/12 version. Certainly have not see all years tho.

Marshal- you guys need to put together some sort of Dropbox folder with rocker profile pictures and flex ratings so we can keep this all straight.

^^ I still own the 08/09s, these are the first edition post-bamboo sidewall and for me was the definitive L120... UNTIL the 13/14 edition. A few notes,

• the rocker has been reduced 13/14 and is closer to 07–09 vintage, but with less deep taper
    • because of less taper, mount on the line, it is nicely balanced imho (my 08/09s were mounted +3cm because the shovel was m a s s i v e in tight terrain)
    • tails are nice landing zones again, very little rise
    • they carve surprisingly well _for their size_, certainly better than 08/09, probably also because of damper core (P3 construction)
    • the Spooning on the Pures does come into play in deep blower, it is subtle but interesting getting shovel angulation into smears

I still have my 08/09s and will probably keep them until they fall apart, just because some vintage designs never get old, but the 13/14 is definitely a keeper and the best Lotus redesign since...

Anyway I put more of these thoughts into a review over here:
    http://notesfromtheneve.com/2014/04/...-spoon-review/

My grains of salt.

ps. oh yah, I got the SE pinkos. I had some mental trouble with this until I decided I was man enough to rock the pinko without a Scandi accent. Now I love them, screaming pink makes for great contrast in dire ski-finding situations.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Here's a pic of rocker profile on my 200cm 120s from 12/13 (which I'm selling for $650). Don't know why it wound up sideways but you get the idea. They allow you to be shin on boots in all but the deepest pow and due to all that splay feel more like a 185 than a 200. Super fun ski

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1753.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	743.8 KB 
ID:	155184