Replacement Laptop Screen

I searched and couldn't find anything. I'm looking for a replacement screen for my dell laptop. I picked it up by the screen yesterday and managed to break the damn thing in the process. Anyone know any good sites for such things? I found a few for what seemed like a fair price ($60-80) but I don't know what I should be paying and I don't really want to give my cc info to a random internet site I've never heard of without any recommendations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    I searched and couldn't find anything. I'm looking for a replacement screen for my dell laptop. I picked it up by the screen yesterday and managed to break the damn thing in the process. Anyone know any good sites for such things? I found a few for what seemed like a fair price ($60-80) but I don't know what I should be paying and I don't really want to give my cc info to a random internet site I've never heard of without any recommendations.
    That's about the right price. Alot of the places like that will sell an "equivalent" screen. I.e. It might not be the exact lcd maker but should be the same size/resolution and connector. Just make sure you verify the matching specs. Dells don't normally get too weird, but I had a 13.3 screen from a thinkpad with some weird resolution and it was a bitch to find the right replacement

Broke my screen a couple years ago and found the specs of what I needed. Went on ebay and found a replacement. Also took the opportunity to upgrade to a high gloss screen that looks great while watching movies but not so good in sunlight. I wouldnt worry too much about the manufacturer as most are probably made in the same factories.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

How old is the computer? You can probably find a broke one on ebay for mad cheap and just swap the screen.

I did something similarly stupid last year and had no trouble sourcing new replacement parts on ebay.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I messaaged a computer nerd buddy of mine and he found one on e-gay for just over $50 with free shipping. Looks like I'm set. Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Yeah, just gonna say: ebay is actually not a terribly bad place for this, just so long as you know what exactly you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    I messaaged a computer nerd buddy of mine and he found one on e-gay for just over $50 with free shipping. Looks like I'm set. Thanks guys.
    ah we all have one...