Best powder within 6 hours of Seattle this weekend?

I'll be doing a short weekend trip this weekend and need to decide where to go. Any ideas on where might have the best snow? Withing 5 or 6 hours of Seattle is about as far as I'm willing to go, so sadly Kicking Horse and Revelstoke are out. I've sold my touring setups and haven't replaced them, but still have all my avy gear so somewhere with lots of boot pack accessible slackcountry would be ideal but isn't mandatory. Out of state would also be ideal so I can ski somewhere outside of the normal day trip destinations I have in Washington. Any ideas are appreciated!

Red is 7 hours and so damn worthy. Whitewater is another 40 minutes.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

^
    I'll check their forecasts, but 7 hours is pushing it time wise. Thanks for the idea!

Current storms have swung south, so check Flatchelor and maybe even Mt. Bailey Snowcats.

I'd mention Anthony Lakes out by La Grande if you had touring gear too.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I skied nice recycled pow today a 20 minute drive and 40 minute skin from my door.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Current storms have swung south, so check Flatchelor and maybe even Mt. Bailey Snowcats.

I'd mention Anthony Lakes out by La Grande if you had touring gear too.
    Good to know. I'll check Hoods conditions too.

i skied new pow as soon as i offloaded this morning.
    split jetstream this weekend will probably unload around the shuksan area as well as n. oregon mtns.
    .....but visiting mission can never be a bad idea.
    have fun wherever
    bobby

^
    Also good to know. Right now I'm looking at baker, hood meadows and whistler.. I'll have to check the weather for all of them. Where should I check weather for Canadia? Specifically mid mountain or higher on Whistler. I usually use NOAA for my local areas.

canadia eh

Quote Originally Posted by SP_sam-O View Post
    ^
    Also good to know. Right now I'm looking at baker, hood meadows and whistler.. I'll have to check the weather for all of them. Where should I check weather for Canadia? Specifically mid mountain or higher on Whistler. I usually use NOAA for my local areas.
    just scroll down 1/2 page to the Whistler thread and you'll have your info!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Silver!!! Wait, Silver sucks, nothing to see there...Whitewater is another good one. But if you don't mind a little boot packing and a rope tow, Hurricane Ridge
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

If you're going to Hood, you'd be wise to check out Bachelor. A much bigger mountain by my totally biased opinion.

Snowing right now at Sun Peaks. Check the ski area's web site or the Weather Network for whatever ski area you are considering.

yes, stay away from meadows - the snow's no good
    go on to bachelor - they're expected to get less snow so it should be less crowded