Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Ruffus is a full on kook! He's not kiting anymore he's all about putting on his kit and hammering the pavement...and kid scene. I ride dirt with him whenever we can get him on dirt. Valhouli ran the pro circuit back in the day. He's the Donna W era. He's a good friend. Been riding dirt with him a bunch lately. We all live in the same town now.

It is lame to ski moguls?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ruffus is a full on kook! He's not kiting anymore he's all about putting on his kit and hammering the pavement...and kid scene. I ride dirt with him whenever we can get him on dirt. Valhouli ran the pro circuit back in the day. He's the Donna W era. He's a good friend. Been riding dirt with him a bunch lately. We all live in the same town now.
    Next time you see Ruffus fall or not make a section, tell him Tom said CONGRATULATIONS!

I remember being all nervous around the people I knew were pros, most turned out to be genuinely nice people, and pretty generous with advice and compliments when warranted. Also that eastern edginess that some people find off-putting.

Donna Weinbrecht one of the nicest on the few occasions I summoned the nerve to approach her, which she would probably find comical. The CONGRATULATIONS reference was prompted by a particularly awkward mortal in the presence of a legend moment between Donna and another buddy (Jimmy James) circa 2000 or so during her last olympic bid.

The fact that we’re still talking about it 19 years later tells you about how much slack we typically cut each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Ha, I'm going back n forth with him right now in a chat about biking. I just told him - Tom said nice flail down OL.

Great Killi Vids A+/ ..where's Tahoe represented . Moguls?

Those Heavenly runs down the Cali side ,facing the lake under the lifts...had some cool Moguls

or Al's in Taos??did we get footage any from there ,too?
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    if anyone wants pointers on skiing glued
    Careful, you're the third person in Killington to extend such a generous, open ended offer.
    I’ve got a ton of video from the old days
    Digital? I think it is your duty to both the Good Ol' Bad Days and the Young Ones to archive this on TGR.
    and of course get yerself some Fate pants!
    Shame they and Predator wear are long gone. Rutt is the only one still in the game, as far as I know. Gotta earn those patches.
    western skiers aren’t fond of either bumps or a non-stop dialogue of ball breaking
    The reply I usually get is why ski bumps when there's all this powder lying around? And it seems that, mixed with the California influence, lends itself to a pretty hippy-dippy rather than athlete-like, mindset and attitude.

Were you the Mag that gave away a set of bump skis (K2?) and a pair of Fate pants for a sixpack a while ago? I remember that thread and looked around for it but couldn't dig it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    Careful, you're the third person in Killington to extend such a generous, open ended offer.

Digital? I think it is your duty to both the Good Ol' Bad Days and the Young Ones to archive this on TGR.

Shame they and Predator wear are long gone. Rutt is the only one still in the game, as far as I know. Gotta earn those patches.

The reply I usually get is why ski bumps when there's all this powder lying around? And it seems that, mixed with the California influence, lends itself to a pretty hippy-dippy rather than athlete-like, mindset and attitude.

Were you the Mag that gave away a set of bump skis (K2?) and a pair of Fate pants for a sixpack a while ago? I remember that thread and looked around for it but couldn't dig it up.
    That was me. IIRC it was a Russian dude named Roman who had me drop-ship to Florida, and then forwarded to RUS. I was never going to use them again, and kind of cool to know they were appreciated and got to see more of the world than I have at this point. I gave a pair of B-Nastys to my nephew under similar terms.

FWIW, I've been ski bumps exclusively on twin-tip park skis since 2004. I wouldn't tell anyone that this is the only tool for the job, any more than I would a bump ski. It kind of irks me when people insist you can't ski bumps on anything but a $1400 IDOne. Different strokes for different folks; ski whatever you want if it puts a smile on your face!

As far as Colorado, seems like powder days are much more of a rarity than they were 12 years ago. There's still more options than there were back east, but even when it comes to set-up bumps, I'm sure I've grown soft, and what I now describe as set-up would be considered powdery by EC standards.

There's tons of 90's bumpah viddys on my YT page. I'll leave you with the 1st piece I edited after leaving Killington Television. I eventually strung together about 50 min a season for the next 7 years give or take. It helped me pass survive the summers. Cameo by Farmer Mason on the Bear Chair.

"If you want the big one, you'll have to queue and if you do you're gonna get some".

Oh yeah, Rutt. Nothing like standing out from the crowd by wearing the same thing everyone else is. Didn't you hear? All the wigglers are wearing monos! The Vivid even has knee accents!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vivid mono.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	288277

https://youtu.be/VGobQriQNGc
    That's me eating shit in the last skier shot. Jesus that's painful to watch. Thankfully I got better before I started getting worse.
    Last edited by bendtheski; 07-11-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Today's installment; 1997
    https://vimeo.com/manage/11151131/general

There are no lame moguls, only lame skiers

IIRC Killington made it to June 22, 1997, but I didn't make the last weekend.
    https://vimeo.com/manage/12948964/general

Throwback to 1994 - Nelson Carmichael!
    There are only 4 tricks: daffy, twister, spread, helicopter.

Jean Luc was already throwing hudge cossacks by this point, and guys like Holmes screaming semens. Jim Moran spinning with iron crosses and grabbing skis long before Moseley thought to copy him.

But yeah, only 4 tricks Nelson. No wonder so many pros left mogul skiing in the 90’s.

Probably right around the same time Shane was getting dq’ed for going inverted.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    There are no lame moguls, only lame skiers
    well ..try mt snow ,when its -23 wind chill ..i guess it was not the mogul's fault it froze solid!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Another ... this one a re-master and re-narration of the first Olympic Moguls competition and gold medal footage.

Jeff Lind - Mt Hood.
    Pretty good skiing and production for a home video.

Does anyone here ski Mt. Hood in the summer for moguls?
    Are lanes open to the public or just for the camps?

It's been about 3 years, but all lanes are for camps. 1 public trail next to the lift until mid station, so it does bump up

That was me
    You are truly a credit to bumpin', TGR, and skiers in general.
    B-Nastys to my nephew
    B-Nastys? Nice. I've always wanted to try a set. They seem like they'd be like a luxury model Twister.

If you decide you've got a few more mogul-specific skis you're tired of tripping over, I know a needy bump skier down in Texas who would be interested...
    bumps exclusively on twin-tip park skis since 2004
    I've found this to be a recurring theme. Those that know how to bump ski can rip a zipperline on almost anything and prefer the all-mountain versatility of a mid-fat all-mountain twin-tip park ski. But I honestly believe a true mogul ski can help someone learn how to ski a direct line. I'm just thankful I was lucky enough to snatch up one of the last pairs of Twisters on the planet.
    I'll leave you with the 1st piece I edited after leaving Killington Television...That's me
    Fan-fucking-tastic. Keep up the old school stoke, I'll keep watching.
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    B-Nastys? Nice. I've always wanted to try a set. They seem like they'd be like a luxury model Twister.
    I got IDOne (Kingsly sig ed) and B-Nastys.

The fatypus are much nicer in moguls with varied snow conditions ... and more skiable everywhere else.
    The IDOne are almost unskiable on anything other than moguls.

For the price, B-Nasty is a steal.
    No doubt tho ... the ID_Ones with cracked steel edges flex like conforming wet noodles covered in magnetic glue to every part of a bump.

In general, I find straight skis just want to take me for a ride anymore. I think they’re probably a good tool for forcing commitment to the fall-line, but I’m over it already. The B-Nasty is probably one of the more versatile bump skis out there, but IMO still a thoroughbred.

I’m all about the mid-fat quarter-horse anymore.

Thanks for the kind words on the vids. Here’s a little Friday bumpah stoke:
    Fast forward from KT-1 to KT-6; my first pair of 1080’s, sweet Predator pants, and Fox jerseys. Still tight legs and no turns. The following season I finally added twisters/twister-spreads to my air arsenal. 40 at the time, and still learning new tricks. At 57, I might be ready to try spinning 3’s (helis for the old farts)
    Last edited by bendtheski; 07-19-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Another ... this one a re-master and re-narration of the first Olympic Moguls competition and gold medal footage.

If there was ever a skier I tried (unsuccessfully) to emulate, it would be Edgar.

Jeff Lind - Mt Hood.
    Pretty good skiing and production for a home video.

Does anyone here ski Mt. Hood in the summer for moguls?
    Are lanes open to the public or just for the camps?

I didn't get invited to the big house 2 years ago, so Jeff Lind is dead to me, but I'm not bitter!

Sms camps ftw

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

I didn't get invited to the big house 2 years ago, so Jeff Lind is dead to me, but I'm not bitter!
    What's the 'big house'?

That girl ....

Marlow Thomas?

Name:  E51B46E3-4DFC-4D6F-96FE-7A4088E1F9A3.jpeg
Views: 537
Size:  14.3 KB

invited to the big house
    What's the 'big house'?
    I know it has something to do with Killington racers, but beyond that I'm ignorant.

Also, I'm mostly bumping this thread for more bumpstoke summer videos.