Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Awesome! I could totally do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    That's BULLSHIT!!!! I told Jerry I wasn't signing any damn release and he put it up anyways!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

He didn't get any points for that >since he lost at least 1 ski
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

meh.... kinda flailed the arms a bit

Saw a kid, maybe 4 years old, skiing moguls today. Shoulder deep moguls. Fucking rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Saw a kid, maybe 4 years old, skiing moguls today. Shoulder deep moguls. Fucking rad.
    My 6 yo would rather ski moguls than groomers. He's honestly not an amazing 6yo skier, no race team, still frequently in and out of the wedge.. but loves tearing through 3D terrain in his wedge whenever he gets the chance.

We are working on parallel skiing on good snow and groomers, but I've gotta be honest.. the kid loves bumps in his wedge both in or out of the woods, and I love following him. When we're together having fun in "challenging" terrain l couldn't care less about teaching technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Plakespear View Post
    people who say mogul skiing sucks probably suck at skiing moguls.
    So I think mougul skiing sucks.
    But sometimes it's the only way to avoid the gaper.
    If you can't ski moguls YOU ARE A GAPER! At the very least if you can't ski new snow, soft moguls then basically, you don't know how to ski!
    Any gaper can cruise down a groomed flat slope(even if its' steep). What is there to that???
    And it's all bullshit about the knees (for good snow at least) In good conditions there should be very little stress on your knees, that is, if you know how to ski.
    Now, icy, steep, deep moguls, that's a different story, and you get pardon for sloppiness there.
    "Oh look at me, I can ski down this slope that they run this big machine on every night to make it nice and easy to ski with my buddies from Texas." OH PLEASE!
    Let Gravity Be Your Guide....

Spending time in the 90s zipperlining bump lines as a teen gave me a sore lower back

Pict of some steepish bump lines
    Name:  20190331_150833.jpeg
Views: 510
Size:  69.8 KB

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Holy shit! Palisades are shredded. Love that little zone. So many fond memories.

Why would you want to purposely force yourself to repeatedly turn precisely where everyone else has turned? Isn't that exactly the opposite of freedom? Sure, once in a while it's fun, and it's certainly a necessary skill, but it's just a stage young skiers go through. There are millions of mountains out there so hey, let's stay right here and turn exactly in the same place over and over again. It's fine with me. Keeps you on a part of the mountain I don't want to voluntarily use.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Why would you want to purposely force yourself to repeatedly turn precisely where everyone else has turned? Isn't that exactly the opposite of freedom? Sure, once in a while it's fun, and it's certainly a necessary skill, but it's just a stage young skiers go through. There are millions of mountains out there so hey, let's stay right here and turn exactly in the same place over and over again. It's fine with me. Keeps you on a part of the mountain I don't want to voluntarily use.
    Or to prove you can make apples to apples turns better than others. Sure is a lot more challenging where EVERY single turn has significant consequences for poor execution. I get why most folks don't enjoy that level of challenge over and over.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Why would you want to purposely force yourself to repeatedly turn precisely where everyone else has turned? .... let's stay right here and turn exactly in the same place over and over again.
    Maybe you are doing it wrong?

Why would you want to purposely force yourself to repeatedly turn precisely where everyone else has turned?
    If that were the case, fucking your mom wouldn't be any fun, either.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Why would you want to purposely force yourself to repeatedly turn precisely where everyone else has turned?

People do this? Other than competitive zipper-line mogul skiers?

I will ski some bumps today. Groomers are fun for like 2 runs so what the hell else would you do all day at the ski area when it hasn’t snowed in a while?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Holy shit! Palisades are shredded. Love that little zone. So many fond memories.
    Shredded and super filled in!

Fucking lame mogul lovers. There is a reason MSP films and other ski stoke companies don’t make mogul stoke films... It’s because mogul skiing is about as cool as old dad bod geezers wearing skinny jeans. Hahaha!

People always bash what they can not do themselves .

Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    Fucking lame mogul lovers. There is a reason MSP films and other ski stoke companies don’t make mogul stoke films... It’s because mogul skiing is about as cool as old dad bod geezers wearing skinny jeans. Hahaha!
    Yet, lots of the highest-level athletes in those films over the years have come from moguls.

Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 04-01-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    People always bash what they can not do themselves .
    FALSE. Most people can't do what the professional skiers are skiing these days in Alaska or Chamonix. Yet we love to watch that shit and think it's rad. People watch all kinds of professional sports that involve things they can't do.

Here's an analogy for y'all:

Skiing moguls is like fucking your fat/ugly wife. You feel like you're a Hoss while you're doing it, but nobody wants to watch your amateur sex tape with Shamu. LOL

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Yet, lots of the highest-level athletes in those films over the years have come from moguls.

The thread asks, "Is it lame to ski moguls." I realize that some top level athletes come from mogul skiing. But do y'all realize that those same athletes LEFT moguls for better, funner, cooler, and better paying free skiing? So even they show that moguls are lame in their actions/career choices.

Omg... Best Mexican, such a masterful troll.

[QUOTE=Best Mexican Skier from Da South;5637788]FALSE. Most people can't do what the professional skiers are skiing these days in Alaska or Chamonix. Yet we love to watch that shit and think it's rad. People watch all kinds of professional sports that involve things they can't do.

Here's an analogy for y'all:

Skiing moguls is like fucking your fat/ugly wife. You feel like you're a Hoss while you're doing it, but nobody wants to watch your amateur sex tape with Shamu. LOL

Cheers.[/QUOT

Most shitty skiers can't ski bumps, skiers that ski bumps well are usually all around ripping skiers.

Clearly, it's not a current fad, but skiing moguls, like all forms of skiing, is a fuckload of fun.
    Ask Plake.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<