Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    It's only lame to not be ABLE to ski moguls.

It's not that you can't ski moguls, it's that you can't ski. The moguls just prove it. I wish I had invented that line, but someone on here once posted it and I thought it was pretty true. Powder days always have bumps in them, along with uncut trees and steeps for me. And the face shots from hammering out a nice line are just as much fun. My knees actually feel like a million bucks after skiing moguls. I feel it has also given me the ability to make any turn on the mountain at any time. Pretty useful tool in the belt.
    "Its not that you can not ski the bumps, its that you can not ski and the bumps prove it" It was me that said that first......... Yetiman the classic mogul video is more like an actual real life turn than current day bump skiing.

Loves me some bumps

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    So if tele is gay and bumps are gay does that mean I'm straight when I tele bumps? Or am I more like a gay orgy sliding down the hill?
    It means you are DPed by gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

Quote Originally Posted by DaffyJeffy View Post
    Tele in the bumps is badass. the fore-aft stability afforded by a free heel makes sense in moguls.
    Very true!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    Very true!
    Ok, I can't tell if you guys are joking or serious.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    And here's why we have an avy fatality thread every month.
    sadly we are are up to 4 or 5 inbounds resort non avy deaths in utah
    no one makes threads
    those tradgiedies are somehow different.
    avvy infatuation FTL
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Resorts try to keep inbounds deaths quiet. Don't want tourons finding out just how inherently dangerous skiing is. Vibes to the family and friends of those that lost loved ones on the hill, no matter how it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Back to mogul talk.

I'm dead serious! I don't know about out west, but here in New England, there is a micro-subculture of tele-bumpers. These guys can be seen shredding moguls even when conditions are much better elsewhere on the hill. I'm a recovering telemark skier, and I thought skiing bumps with a free-heel was a blast. The fore-aft stability gives you rock-solid stability (although changing the lead ski quick enough can be problematic). The guys I see ripping lines in an ultra-low tele stance blow my mind. Some of the best skiers on the mountain for sure!

How the fuck is this even debatable. Bumps rule.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

I like skiing...

Skiing bumps will never be lame.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

So if tele is gay and bumps are gay does that mean I'm straight when I tele bumps?
    Correct.

Unless you tele bumps in the rain.

Then you are gay again.

I'm serious. After I stopped ski racing in my youth I telemark skied for a while. Mogul skiing on telemark is somehow much more intuitive than with real skis. It does however require quick feets. So could be it's better for young guys than us 30+ old farts.

^^ It's true, tele skiing in the bumps is pretty fun and natural, provided the bumps are shaped for it. The short, choppy, stair step bumps aren't real great. Longer, more ski-turn shaped bumps are natural for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    Skiing bumps will never be lame.
    Not being able to ski bumps will always be lame (speaking from experience of course)

Quote Originally Posted by AweShuksan View Post
    Correct.

Unless you tele bumps in the rain.

Then you are gay again.
    that wuz funny
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1424639336.047851.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	164317
    Today at Loveland.

Made me wonder how jacked I'd have been to be heading out on these 15+ years ago before I turned into such a faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Bumb to an old thread. I guess mogul skiing is best served like this The "Hot Dog" competition at the local molehill last saturday. Still smiling!

Oldest gear from the 50s! Participants from "underaged" (under 35) to about 60. Some tele and incredible monoski guy (who ruled). A little twist of ballet skiing (watch until the end). Couple of Word Cup and Euro Cup pioneers skiing with ordinary hacks. Extra points for proper, original outfit and gear.

Isn't that what's it all about?

(Btw. I am at around 1.43, twister-spread + slo-mo, at 4.44 run + "rocket air", at around 7.11, run + "rocket air" + freeze frame. Retro "Fartbag" outfit and some 1980s Atomic SL 205s, of course. Still stoked...two days of painkillers afterwards but it was totally worth it!)

EDIT: Another angle, maybe slightly better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdmC...ature=youtu.be (and damn, gotta work those helis on 205cm:s...it was surprisingly hard compared to modern twins)
    Last edited by Jiehkevarri; 03-22-2016 at 06:43 AM.
    "Average summit heights are around 1000m to 1200m but on the high glaciers of the main Lyngen Peninsula there are summits over 1400m with Jiehkkevarri being the highest at 1834m above sea level."

<3 tele bumps in the rain. I feel like Lionel Richie should have a song about that

Never really understood / tried bumps until moving to Taos. The month of February (no fucking snow) was when I really got into them. There are a few groups of hot shit bump skiers. Hopefully next year they'll let me in.

Al's Run Club: Don't fake it.

At 40yrs young I entered a regional / provincial mogul comp last weekend. Killed it. Contemplating a Trip Report complete with vids and pics as I have never done one on tgr. We had a pretty shitty winter so realistically it was some of the best skiing I have done. Moguls rule. So glad I know how to ski them...Skiing where I ski its a necessity, even on pow days its too dry and not deep enough so lots of surprise absorptions

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    At 40yrs young I entered a regional / provincial mogul comp last weekend. Killed it. Contemplating a Trip Report complete with vids and pics as I have never done one on tgr. We had a pretty shitty winter so realistically it was some of the best skiing I have done. Moguls rule. So glad I know how to ski them...Skiing where I ski its a necessity, even on pow days its too dry and not deep enough so lots of surprise absorptions
    Please do....

The only people that think moguls are lame are the ones that can't ski em at all. Anyone that has put any amount of time into learning how to ski them somewhat decently has nothing but respect for the people that shred em.

Sweet vid Jiehkevarri!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

1973??? That's cray.

Quote Originally Posted by geezerb View Post
    <3 tele bumps in the rain. I feel like Lionel Richie should have a song about that
    Rupert Holmes....

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!