Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    And here's why we have an avy fatality thread every month.
    do ya think mother natures zero fucks given policy might factor into that just a bit?
    ifin i led my life afraid to die for my passions
    i wouldn't be livin i'd just be slowly dieing
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    do ya think mother natures zero fucks given policy might factor into that just a bit?
    You keep saying this. Do you honestly believe that anyone who has been killed in an avalanche or bad fall skiing thought in the moments before their death that "At least I died for my passion" or "This is totally worth it"? This is a serious question.

I have great respect for "bump fags", really, they're some of the best skiers on the mountain.

Great fashions.

That trustafarian Jah love motherfucker deserves a punch in the throat. Funky, indeed. Keep that filthy hair away from my food.

Edit. First time I ever saw Outer Limits at Killington (my third day of skiing) there was some dude wearing a full head to toe fart bag in bright neon pink zipper lining Volkswagen sized ice bumps. Never forget the sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Great fashions.

That trustafarian Jah love motherfucker deserves a punch in the throat. Funky, indeed. Keep that filthy hair away from my food.

Edit. First time I ever saw Outer Limits at Killington (my third day of skiing) there was some dude wearing a full head to toe fart bag in bright neon pink zipper lining Volkswagen sized ice bumps. Never forget the sight.
    When I was like 11 years old and just starting to ski off groomers I got on a chair with Morey Gare who was the assistant coach for our local D1 college hockey team. I was all starstruck and excited so I followed this guy off the chair and it was the first time I had ever seen somebody rip moguls. I never forgot that either.

yeah, it's all part of it. I just think when you get so many people who have to be skiing soft snow all the time and can't even enjoy skiing hard snow or moguls you're going to get a lot more people out...and that includes a lot more people out in marginal conditions. I think that's pretty straightforward right?

addictions are tough to explain
    best to not acquire em in the first place
    before lifts snowboards freestyle and spin 2 win circus shows
    there were bums in the back all the country there was
    so ifin you knew your history.....
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

addictions are tough to explain
    best to not acquire em in the first place
    before lifts snowboards freestyle and spin 2 win circus shows
    there were bums in the back all the country there was
    so ifin you knew your history.....
    What the fuck does this mean?

obviously
    it means you don't get it
    you do realize j and i are bros and worked and skied togather
    and for a zipper liner he can lay em down in the pow pow

and i envied his always scoring first chair ass and skiing skills
    i think he respects my addiction and desire to forsake skiing skills to hike out and ski where the same terrain mogul makers aint

obviously

i think he respects my addiction and desire to forsake skiing skills to hike out and ski where the same terrain mogul makers aint
    Oh, I get the addiction part. I structure my life around skiing. I have a job working nights at the hospital and have skied 100+ days a year for many years now. I ski tour and ski lift served and have scored countless first chairs. My plan is to continue doing this, I'm 47.

I don't ever think it's worth dying for. Last year I took a really bad uncontrolled slide and almost died. My thought as I was accelerating down the 45 degree chute towards rocks and trees was that I wasn't going to survive and that I was a dumbfuck for being there that day, not "Oh well, it's been a great ride".

That's a great pic. I had those same skis, loved them.

story
    cool
    bro

Is it lame to ski moguls?...
    No. It lame not to ski if you live in a place that is winter more than 5 months (hell may be 4 months, or one month).
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

story
    cool
    bro
    You're so core bro.

damn right.

I think I never went down that rabbit hole because too much happened early in my having moved west. There was 3 different burials among people I knew from work --and somehow nobody died, just dinged up-- in the early winter of my first season in Crested Butte, then after I'd moved from CB to Taos a kid from my hometown died in a slide around Crested Butte. Then in Taos Tim from Tim's Cantina had recently died and everyone was pretty aware of that and scared of BC skiing in the wake of it. So I just wrote it off. Those moments when you take a hard fall in deep pow and you end up kind of submerged with your face in snow trying to breathe...those were horrifying to me and honestly the whole idea of being buried is just particularly horrifying because I have real claustrophobic tendencies...so whatever, I never made the move.

I have mixed feelings about it all. I'm a real pussy about avalanches.

I've had that moment where you go "it's been a good ride"...both motorcycle crashes and when I hit a tree at high speed at Solitude. That moment is a trip, I think most of us have this feeling like we've been waiting for the other shoe to drop for a long time and it's amazing we lasted this long.

I've had that moment where you go "it's been a good ride"...both motorcycle crashes and when I hit a tree at high speed at Solitude. That moment is a trip, I think most of us have this feeling like we've been waiting for the other shoe to drop for a long time and it's amazing we lasted this long.
    I get this, I guess I was saying that I thought "I've really done it this time". It wasn't panic, just that I knew I had fucked up and wished I could get that moment back before I hopped off the cornice onto 45 degree boilerplate. I've had it other times skiing and mountain biking. I don't think it's worth dying for but I can't help myself sometimes.

I'm a real pussy about avalanches.
    This is only the second time in 10 years that I have contemplated changing my signature.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

It is lame to ski moguls?

Anyone degrading degrading moguls is a complete fool.

Moguls are for showboating all the skills you have attained.

You ain't shit, anti-moglurs.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

obviously

Whoever this guy is his form won't cut it in a mogul field.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Whoever this guy is his form won't cut it in a mogul field.
    normally I find your shit funny, but you are soooo off base here.

But they could actually ski together and see whose form is a 10.0/10moguls

Love giant mash potatoes in April.

How do you ski moguls?

Quote Originally Posted by rightcoast View Post
    Like Yoss said, there is some sort of method to do it with a cat.
    It's called shovels...

yeah, it's all part of it. I just think when you get so many people who have to be skiing soft snow all the time and can't even enjoy skiing hard snow or moguls you're going to get a lot more people out...and that includes a lot more people out in marginal conditions. I think that's pretty straightforward right?
    Growing up in WNY I can still carve chalk and icy WROD....Always fun to use the gapers as gates as they skid out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Ton of powder on the bumps today. Good combo, if you have to ski them.
    Benny are you living in summit finally?

Candide Thovex
    JP Auclair
    JF Cusson
    Vinny Dorian

if it wasn't for mogul skiers we'd still be throwing Scot Schmidt iron crosses while snowboarding took over the world.