Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    You need to look at moguls with the perspective of it being just another challenge on the mtn and something to work on to become a better all around skier. Plus the quickness you can develop in the moguls directly transfers to other areas on the mtn, such as trees, skiing by feel in lo vis, and sketch likes when you have to make a quick change of direction.

I also agree with Base here. The inbounds glades around here get worked over quickly and turn into mogul runs with huge immovable poles in the way. So skiing moguls is a good skill to learn.

and BTW is this tread turning epicski or is it just me?
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman
    You need to look at moguls with the perspective of it being just another challenge on the mtn and something to work on to become a better all around skier. Plus the quickness you can develop in the moguls directly transfers to other areas on the mtn, such as trees, skiing by feel in lo vis, and sketch likes when you have to make a quick change of direction.

I also agree with Base here. The inbounds glades around here get worked over quickly and turn into mogul runs with huge immovable poles in the way. So skiing moguls is a good skill to learn.

and BTW is this tread turning epicski or is it just me?

Just you- they all hate bumps too.

Nobody cares about skiing moguls.

Moguls suck. Bad for knees, bad for the back and it's not even particularly fun.

The only people who hate skiing bumps are people who haven't mastered them. Powder skiing is easy by comparison and is the path of least resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by itsnowjoke View Post
    The only people who hate skiing bumps are people who haven't mastered them. Powder skiing is easy by comparison and is the path of least resistance.
    What do you mean by comparison? Powder skiing is easy. Period. In my not so humble opinion, only fools ski moguls. You can skin to something awesome pretty much all the time. And if not pow, it's sure going to be better then a shitty bump-run.

Nice ten year old thread bump!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    Moguls suck. Bad for knees, bad for the back and it's not even particularly fun.
    thats cuase you cant ski them.... seperates men and boys at times ...

seriuosly though i think the VINMAn said it best up top.... well put and a ton of truth behind it
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    seperates gay from straight at times ...

Fixed it!

Ton of powder on the bumps today. Good combo, if you have to ski them.

Ahh, the good old days... back when MacDaddy actually skied once in a while.

some great old names in this thread

What do you mean by comparison? Powder skiing is easy. Period. In my not so humble opinion, only fools ski moguls. You can skin to something awesome pretty much all the time. And if not pow, it's sure going to be better then a shitty bump-run.
    If you can rip the shit out of bumps you can rip anything. Bumps are part of the skiing smorgasbord. If you haven't mastered them you're not a well-rounded skier. There is no such thing as a shitty bump run, only shitty skiers who consider themselves apex shredders. Then the bumps humble them. Then they call the bums shitty, lol.

Lol. Plenty of easterners are MUCH better at skiing bumps than powder.

I'm plenty good at skiing bumps, but I don't care about skiing bumps.

If you can rip the shit out of bumps you can rip anything. Bumps are part of the skiing smorgasbord. If you haven't mastered them you're not a well-rounded skier. There is no such thing as a shitty bump run, only shitty skiers who consider themselves apex shredders. Then the bumps humble them. Then they call the bums shitty, lol.

Nah, you are wrong. I ski shitty bump-runs just fine. It's just that shitty bump-runs are the shittiest conditions you can meet on the mountain. The people who like skiing them are just plain fools. Pretty much any day you can ski shitty bumps, you can skin to something nice.

Bumps are good, bumps are right, bumps are the American way.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1423094268.010462.jpg
Views: 1884
Size:  35.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense

Snowboards have changed bumps dramatically. Rhythm is difficult. Alta Snowbird is a great example. Alta bumps are skier bumps. Snowbird bumps get all messy.

It's fine as long as the slope exceeds 40 degrees

Nah, you are wrong. I ski shitty bump-runs just fine. It's just that shitty bump-runs are the shittiest conditions you can meet on the mountain. The people who like skiing them are just plain fools. Pretty much any day you can ski shitty bumps, you can skin to something nice.
    And here's why we have an avy fatality thread every month.

Wait, is this EpicSki? Am I on the wrong forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    Lol. Plenty of easterners are MUCH better at skiing bumps than powder.

I'm plenty good at skiing bumps, but I don't care about skiing bumps.
    Competing in moguls can be a great platform for learning to ski strong, so can racing...but in both you end up with some people who never freeski and can't make any adjustment to what they do. I've seen mogul competitors who noodle around the whole hill pivot-skidding with their feet locked together. I've seen that shit. I've seen racers who do weird double pole plants and cross blocking shit when they're freeskiing. The fact remains that if you're strong and balanced enough to rip zipper lines at terminal velocity you're a pretty fucking strong skier and if you can make a few adjustments it's a pretty damn good basis for being a great freeskier. There's no disputing that freestyle teams produce some very strong skiers.

210 cm in the bumps, now that was fun.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    nothin says over skied terrain like moguls
    ya can either be part of the solution or the problem
    or just not ski anymore like the op
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I understand people not wanting to ski bumps...chasing better snow around and whatever. I get that. But to disrespect the skill set of skiing bumps and the history of great skiers who came from mogul skiing, that's some fucked up gaping bullshit.