Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Sheer-Rocko View Post
    ^^^ Love it. Am I remembering correctly that Drunken Frenchman and/or Outhouse had some sort of minimum ski length requirement posted in the 80s?
    It was Outhouse.

Properly formed bumps are actually really fun to ski zipper (and comparatively easy to poorly formed bumps).

There are almost NO properly formed bumps any more. Whether the fault of snowboards, or short skis, or fat skis, or whatever... they're extremely hard to find nowadays...

I’d like to think that the Japanese skier that sent it at that deer valley comp this season would inspire some of the youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    ^^^ snowboards.

(ducks for cover)
    Yup. Snowboards. Ive seen it happen a few times, when they've opened snowmaking whales in the east on a day a lot more people are boarding. Nothing regular about the bumps. Or, do an Alta/Snowbird day, and compare the bumps. Obvious.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Also, I won't ski icy moguls, that's just brutal. Soft bumps (fresh snow or corned-up) is much more fun.
    Well, duh. I see that you aren't from around here.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

^^ Yup, you got that right. I don't need to ski icy bumps so why would I? You guys in the east can suffer through that if you want (rhetorical to you as you already clarified you don't) but I won't.

My third day of skiing, my buddy made me take the Outer Limits lift at Kmart, and I watched this dude zip the particularly large and icy bumps on OL. He was wearing a head to toe day glo pink fartbag, no hat. (This was 1985) He was better than he had to be to wear that outfit in public, and, on a good day, that lift is a theater. I said, someday, I'll ski like that. Won't wear that thing, but, I'll ski like that. Never made it

Donna's old stomping grounds, too. There used to be some awesome bump skiers at Kmart.

Edit: Like to see an MRI of that dude's knees today.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Given the current conditions and near term forecast, not much choice.

^^ Yup, you got that right. I don't need to ski icy bumps so why would I? You guys in the east can suffer through that if you want (rhetorical to you as you already clarified you don't) but I won't.
    When it's truly solid ice like after a sleet event they close the runs that aren't groomed. If it's more of just the sub zero rutted nightmare but not closed condition I ski across the tops of them doubling wider turns instead of bouncing around in the trenches.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    My third day of skiing, my buddy made me take the Outer Limits lift at Kmart, and I watched this dude zip the particularly large and icy bumps on OL. He was wearing a head to toe day glo pink fartbag, no hat. (This was 1985) He was better than he had to be to wear that outfit in public, and, on a good day, that lift is a theater. I said, someday, I'll ski like that. Won't wear that thing, but, I'll ski like that. Never made it

Donna's old stomping grounds, too. There used to be some awesome bump skiers at Kmart.

Edit: Like to see an MRI of that dude's knees today.
    Ha! Reminds me of a film trip we were on about 10 years ago. We were at Targhee and had to wear a certain clothing line's next year's stuff. We swapped around so that we each took turns in different clothing. Anyway, it was my turn to wear the 'torchy' outfit, a bright blue/orange combination of pants and jacket. It was hideous by my tastes. We went in for lunch and one of the locals looked at me, up and down. and says "You better be a good skier if you're wearing that." Hopefully I lived up to the clothes.

On another note, did you ever run into John Witt at KMart? He was a World Cup mogul skier who came from there.

Maybe that was him

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

It is lame to ski moguls?

Anyway, it was my turn to wear the 'torchy' outfit, a bright blue/orange combination of pants and jacket. It was hideous by my tastes. We went in for lunch and one of the locals looked at me, up and down. and says "You better be a good skier if you're wearing that." Hopefully I lived up to the clothes.
    I always wonder where and how some people grow up without learning that talking shit to random people might get you knocked the fuck out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked for Trump all his life.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Must be a rich kid thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear Mountain Mogul Competition is Saturday!

Who's showing their steeze?

I don't think they are going to have the spring bumps that many are hoping for. I'd love to check it out but I'm staying somewhere safer. I'll be doing the pond skim at our hills last weekend.

eta... Recent forecast is saying AM showers and a high of 49... could be pretty darn good.
    Last edited by FLS; 04-03-2019 at 09:51 PM.

If only a few people would have knocked him out, think of what could have been avoided.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67DEFF6E-73F9-4F10-ACD2-BA7348FA481F.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	496.6 KB 
ID:	277266

lame
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3A5F39F1-D9AD-4C66-954B-EEF9B10CC313.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	653.5 KB 
ID:	277267  

Late 90’s, my brother was working at W-B. CBC TV was covering the World Cup moguls Comp. One of his friends worked for CBC and the ran into each other in the AM in the village...”Rusty, you have your ski gear?” “Yep”...”Cool, we need you”...

Next think he knows he is miked up and at the top of the mogul run with two others. All decent skiers....The film that played on CBC is epic. I wish I could post it here, but I don’t have the full clip. Need to find the old VHS and post it. Needless to say, none of the 3 skiers made it down the run, and my brothers was a thing of beauty....

Later that week, my brother (name is Rusty), is in the cafeteria grabbing lunch. He looks up at the monitors playing W-B advertising and videos. Suddenly a bunch of co-workers join him. A couple minutes later...video comes on....”Is your mogul skiing a little “Rusty”?” The ski school is stealing the run to advertise their wares! One of my families 5 minutes of fame. If I can find it, I shall post it...it is priceless....needless to say, the run defines the term “yard sale”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    If only a few people would have knocked him out, think of what could have been avoided.

yea>Prosperity , Fake Justice, Wanna Be Politicians like AoC, Fake Race crimes. full term abortions, Fake News , Fake People following it all..

you're right !..though the 1st one is pretty good ,though
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

Name:	67DEFF6E-73F9-4F10-ACD2-BA7348FA481F.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	496.6 KB 
ID:	277266

Looks Fun! thinks aloud/I need to get out earlier ..the snow was all messed up from the heat today

lame
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Yup. Snowboards. Ive seen it happen a few times, when they've opened snowmaking whales in the east on a day a lot more people are boarding. Nothing regular about the bumps. Or, do an Alta/Snowbird day, and compare the bumps. Obvious.
    I've had an Alta/bird pass for the last 15 years. Neither generally have good bump lines. Low boy at the Alta is occasionally ok. Right side of silver Fox, under little cloud and sometimes mineral are ok. Alta gets moguled out quicker than the bird (I thank snowboarders for heel sliding Moguls smooth). I love ripping zipper lines but LCC isn't the place for good mogul lines. And snowboarders aren't ruining Moguls. Skis with tight turn radius sidecut are. As far as kids go. The Alta/bird Grom rippers generally ski Moguls well but they certainly don't specialize in them

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Gunna keep the mogul stoke rollin' with Jean-Luc Brassard... I've never seen anyone with better ROM in the bumps. Knees so high, hips so deep. Unreal. And specifically topical to this thread, he was a master at skiing natural moguls with WC speed and impeccable form. He's obviously a physical and athletic freak of nature though:
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "If you don't got Olin, then your store could use some fixin'"

Name:	87B15CC5-9C85-4AFB-B3D3-D69215F0A0CF.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	619.0 KB 
ID:	278338

Fuckin’ lame....

Bears think moguls are lame?

I'm going to throw this in here because I feel like a better mogul skier for just reading it:

https://www.pugski.com/threads/momen...0/#post-349554